They have infiltrated Columbus too. Cleveland is immune so far I believe, or at least most of it.
There is one in Mansfield and Green (Akron) as well. Not something I go out of my way to eat, like my own chili much better.

Love seeing *ichigan fan misses the John Cooper era, although a long time ago the anguish and frustration is still fresh.

Chili on spaghetti.

skyline-cake-1569950656.jpg
Yeah, I don't get it either....

I have never had it, but I would sure give it a try. The picture looks really good.

Definitely didn't know it was called skyline chili. I first came across chili on spagetti probably 10 years ago visiting my cousins in Kansas one summer. It was just how they made it. Its not bad by any means, but it just feels wrong

I don't even know what that is......:oops:

Why does this exist?

Discuss.
They have had a Skyline Chili about a mile from my house. I surmised it was to cater to all the Ohio transplants here. Anyway, I gave it a try and my wife and I agree that we think the chili is absolute swill!!!

Put me in the category of has never eaten it but would be willing to try.

I had a couple of their dogs all the way last week-it had been far too long!

A little late on this, but Skyline and their coneys are very good. I go up to Cbus to see some friends and I always manage to have some.

Saw this and avoided it when I was out there last year

The first time I entered a Skyline Chili I went in to poop. This was 20 years ago in Cbus. My soon to be wife and I were down there partying and we were sharing a small hotel room with another couple and I didn’t want to stink up the hotel room, lol.

As to the chili itself, it sucks as a chili. It’s different for sure but ok as a spaghetti topper. Combine it with the 8oz of cheese you get and about once a year I’ll get a craving for it. I live about a mile from the one in Mansfield/Ontario.

I thought this was pretty funny...

Meet The Enquirer's Dan Horn: He hates Cincinnati chili
Cincinnati Enquirer

Many of my colleagues already have done this and their columns turned out great. Readers got to see them for the first time not just as journalists, but as fellow Cincinnatians, as part of the community.
But I have a problem they don’t: I hate the most Cincinnati thing there is.
I hate Cincinnati chili.

I’ve tried to like Cincinnati chili. Really, I have. I’m not a native, but I’ve lived in this town longer than I’ve lived anywhere. I want to fit in, to be accepted, even if it means eating chocolate tomato sauce over spaghetti smothered in orange cheese and raw onions while pretending it all adds up to something that can legally, ethically and morally be called “chili.”

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ti-chili-dont-want-hate-it-but-do/7154426002/

I thought this was pretty funny...

Meet The Enquirer's Dan Horn: He hates Cincinnati chili
Cincinnati Enquirer

Many of my colleagues already have done this and their columns turned out great. Readers got to see them for the first time not just as journalists, but as fellow Cincinnatians, as part of the community.
But I have a problem they don’t: I hate the most Cincinnati thing there is.
I hate Cincinnati chili.

I’ve tried to like Cincinnati chili. Really, I have. I’m not a native, but I’ve lived in this town longer than I’ve lived anywhere. I want to fit in, to be accepted, even if it means eating chocolate tomato sauce over spaghetti smothered in orange cheese and raw onions while pretending it all adds up to something that can legally, ethically and morally be called “chili.”

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ti-chili-dont-want-hate-it-but-do/7154426002/
Nothing funny about this...he should move out of the area for his own safety. Lol! :LOL: Really should be a criminal code that covers this in Hamilton County.

Skyline Chili is the nectar of the gods and I refused to be argued with on this subject

That's meat sauce. On spaghetti. So it's spaghetti. With cheddar. :sick:

i dunno.... any chili i've had is a LOT different. When i hear "chili", it's a Tex-Mex recipe. When i hear "meat sauce" it's for Italian food.
If you gave me Chili over spaghetti and told me it was meat sauce, i'd say... "ummmmm no, that's chili (and vice-versa)

Chili over rice OR pasta? Either is fine
Meat sauce over rice? Nope.

Skyline Chili is the nectar of the gods and I refused to be argued with on this subject
Agreed.
We can't help it if people have bad taste.

Never had this stuff but it does not look... Good.. If I am eating canned Chili I eat Stag.

Never had this stuff but it does not look... Good.. If I am eating canned Chili I eat Stag.

Skyline is a chain of restaurants.
They also happen to sell their chili in the freezer section and canned section. I wouldn't compare white castle burgers in the freezer to that of picking some up, but they are technically the same.

Back