Smiter Holiday Giveaway 7pmEST Monday

Hell yes! I’m 0-10 years from moving into your neck of the woods. I won’t need golf clubs unless defending my garden from a moose where I’m heading. I can do that with any old 68* wedge, it doesn’t have to be the Carbite (lol!).

When I do play once in that neck of the woods, I’ll just rent clubs. I realize they’ll probably suck but playing a wide variety of equipment has taught me that it’s more Indian than arrow. I’ve gone under par with loaners and over 100 with 6 grand worth of clubs in the bag.

The end of the day it comes down to hitting greens and short game. Sure in my longer days I drove right over some par 4’s and made par. Long in these parts usually sucks.

Now I don’t even try, I just leave it 80 short and try to wedge me into birdie range. Score about the same either way, until you count the penalties I’ll accrue when bomb and gouging. Or my version of it anymore, we’ll call it lobbing a grenade and prayer. Anyways.

I now have an excuse. I’m gonna give the MB’s every chance to get back in the bag. I generally like the performance of them but it’s more “aim small, miss small” on striking. And I’ll be giving up a club’ish on distance. Which isn’t necessary when the longest course I play regularly is 6600 yards from the tips. All but one of the 4’s that I regularly play IF I hit a good drive it’s a wedge anyways.

Otherwise I’ll find a gently used set of MP18’s. I know I love them. They’re still a club’ish shorter than GI stuff but they feel so much better and it’s so much easier to flight and work them.

Or maybe I’ll go full @OldandStiff and just try one of everything, although post divorce there is a finite limit on resources so I’ll go standard LLL on a set of MP18’s. I know I love them. But I’ll give the old lead taped up set of X-Forged a shot first. Pretty sure they’ll be fine if I swing fine.
When you get up around here, we'll find you a set to use!

And I agree on the MP-18's. That's what are in my bag. Great set of irons!

It was a guess at perhaps some very generous trickery on your part.

But hey, sometimes you miss things when you need to skip 5 pages of posts to catch up after arriving late to the party ;)

I could not keep up either, lol. That’s why I’m going back through and giving out fist bumps. It’s few nights where you can have this much fun.

But don’t forget, the main point of this was to raise funds for youth golf and my men, @Tevenor and @Duffer Seamus came through huge in helping with that.

I believe unless I misunderstood that we put 50+ kid days on a course thanks to their tremendous generosity.

I tried to make the rest as fun as I could but that was the main goal.

So thank you THP! Youth golf has benefitted greatly and I had an enjoyable evening. I done gave away most of my gamers and I am still smiling. My future is looking up and @YukonLiving if you plan on letting your brother play the Circle T and not sell it, (I’d be tempted, hell I still am, lol) let me know your Tundra Ball of choice.

If it’s not Bridgestone, too bad, lol, I will self fit you. I don’t buy balls for friends that aren’t Bridgestone. If you hate Bridgestone, too bad you’re still getting them, ha. (You’ve gotta get sumpin out of this).

So by my math, that means there's probably a Seventy-Something wedge in there too!

Probably. The damn 68 cut my left eye open. The 70 sumpin probably cut my right eye at some point.

I did have to dig DEEP to find the 68* though. It only made it into the “good ‘bad!’ “ club room by mistake. It’s now your problem, lol!

Probably. The damn 68 cut my left eye open. The 70 sumpin probably cut my right eye at some point.

I did have to dig DEEP to find the 68* though. It only made it into the “good ‘bad!’ “ club room by mistake. It’s now your problem, lol!
It'll be a heck of a time watching my bro hit that club! I'll try and catch it on video! His problem!

It'll be a heck of a time watching my bro hit that club! I'll try and catch it on video! His problem!
He can work on those Phil Mickelson backwards shots with it!

So thank you THP! Youth golf has benefitted greatly and I had an enjoyable evening. I done gave away most of my gamers and I am still smiling. My future is looking up and @YukonLiving if you plan on letting your brother play the Circle T and not sell it, (I’d be tempted, hell I still am, lol) let me know your Tundra Ball of choice.

If it’s not Bridgestone, too bad, lol, I will self fit you. I don’t buy balls for friends that aren’t Bridgestone. If you hate Bridgestone, too bad you’re still getting them, ha. (You’ve gotta get sumpin out of this).
Absolutely no need to do that! This is WAY above and beyond!

Bridgestone does make a nice ball though. I had chance to play one BRX and one BRXS last year and they were both nice feeling!

He can work on those Phil Mickelson backwards shots with it!
I'll show him the videos, but I'm going to steer way clear when he tries it!

What a rollercoaster of a read. @Smiter is amazing for everything he has done. Congrats @YukonLiving for all the awesomeness you’re passing along to your brother.
It was a rollercoaster for sure! I had to go back and read the rules about 55 times.

My bro has no idea what awesomeness he's in for!!

I cannot wait to see the look on my brother's face!!

You better take some pics man! Or a (very) short video, if you want to direct post it, lol-I’m ashamed that I couldn’t show the world live that you just won the Carbite Wedge, haha. I’ve been trying to get rid of that for 20 years. One of three things happen. I cut under the ball, I pop my left eye out, or I blade it 140 yards when I mean for it to go 14.

I don’t even think it’s conforming. Doesn’t matter. The one time it was hit correctly in its existence it was pretty cool. The rest? Pain.

You better take some pics man! Or a (very) short video, if you want to direct post it, lol-I’m ashamed that I couldn’t show the world live that you just won the Carbite Wedge, haha. I’ve been trying to get rid of that for 20 years. One of three things happen. I cut under the ball, I pop my left eye out, or I blade it 140 yards when I mean for it to go 14.

I don’t even think it’s conforming. Doesn’t matter. The one time it was hit correctly in its existence it was pretty cool. The rest? Pain.
That's the scary part for me! He might smash it 140 off the toe too!

I'll try and get a video or at least photos if he lets me!

What happens if you lay the face wide open and go for the full flop shot?

I think the spin makes it go backwards in the air.

Absolutely no need to do that! This is WAY above and beyond!

Bridgestone does make a nice ball though. I had chance to play one BRX and one BRXS last year and they were both nice feeling!

Sounds like some TourB RX’s coming your way then. Much better in the wind and cold. Yellow? Easier to find in the snow (PSA: don’t eat yellow snow).

Sounds like some TourB RX’s coming your way then. Much better in the wind and cold. Yellow? Easier to find in the snow (PSA: don’t eat yellow snow).
Haha, thanks! Our dogs remind me on a daily basis!

It was a rollercoaster for sure! I had to go back and read the rules about 55 times.

My bro has no idea what awesomeness he's in for!!

They made sense to me? Lol.

I don’t half ass anything just so you know. You may have figured that out by now.

They made sense to me? Lol.

I don’t half ass anything just so you know. You may have figured that out by now.
I didn't want to make a mistake and pick something that wouldn't help him - like your 7.0 flex shaft!

Oh trust me, I completely see how into this you are and know this wasn't in any galaxy of 'half-assed'! This is just amazing!!!

Ok, I'm out for the evening, guys. Bedtime. It's been fun 😀

Pretty simple. My right eye is in danger. And so is anyone 10 yards behind to 140 yards in front.

And to answer @YukonLiving ’s ? You stand directly behind him when he swings it. I don’t even think it’s possible to get there no matter how hard you try. I’m not talking ball flight wise, I’m talking eyes on butt. Ha. Directly behind ball flight wise can be an issue.

Pretty simple. My right eye is in danger. And so is anyone 10 yards behind to 140 yards in front.

And to answer @YukonLiving ’s ? You stand directly behind him when he swings it. I don’t even think it’s possible to get there no matter how hard you try. I’m not talking ball flight wise, I’m talking eyes on butt. Ha. Directly behind ball flight wise can be an issue.
You're tempting me to dig that 64° out of my junk bag and try it - doing my best to keep my head well out of the line of fire, of course! :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and just here to take this thread to 400 posts - great job @Smiter!

Back