Snell Golf Balls Review Thread

Same here 6 dozen for $75! Really good ball, most would pay more than double for comparable balls.

I've really enjoyed my time thus far with the MTB. I haven't really noticed any difference between it and a Pro V1.

I found one today and played it for 6 or 7 holes. I like it as much as the ProV1, so i may look into purchasing some.

Solid product, already got a playing partner to buy 6 dozen. Hard to beat dollar for dollar.

i played 9 holes yesterday with two balls per shot, my go to prov1x and a get sum. I knew absolutely nothing about the snell ball as I had never seen one or inquired about one. From drive one, it felt as though the get sum was going to be longer ball. i just felt the compression and the marshmellow effect off of the driver. great feel actually. dead straight and long, with a high ball flight. As it turned out, it was long about 260 but not as long a the v1x. i repeat, i would have bet on it being longer. That pretty much was the theme through out the nine hole. The ball has a great feel. Without a doubt, man does that ball come off the irons and fly high!!!! that there is the catch for me. I can't say why it does but even to the eye, it soars what looks like a good third higher than the v1x, yet still long off the irons. i had not problem stopping that ball either, once again, not a v1x. I still can't say what the get sum costs or how it is made. I can say it feels great. it flies straight, high and long. the cover lasted 9 holes without a blemish. it feels like a wilson duo actually, but flies higher.

From player testing, he is going to shrink the Snell logo slightly and change the name on the ball to ---MTB---

Has replaced the ProV1 in my bag...

I found one of these and played it until I lost it. I liked everything about it. Part of me wishes it was made by a bigger brand name.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It is TMaxx

This is the guy behind many balls we know by Company...it won't be long. Performance is ideal for amateurs.

Should be called the ProV1x for Amateurs.

Has anyone used these balls for an extended period of time? What were your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used Snell exclusively now for about 3 months and I normally play twice a week. My normal playing partner has also switched and he's a stubborn retired military guy and loves them. We are both hopi g tha are games improve enough to jump up to the My Tour Ball.

I found one of these and played it until I lost it. I liked everything about it. Part of me wishes it was made by a bigger brand name.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They're made by Dean Snell. The guy responsible for the Professional & ProV series by Titlest. Also responsible for some great balls by TaylorMade. He's responsible for a ton of golf ball patents. He knows what he's doing & he's a cool guy, too.

I've been using these for the past several months and am extremely happy. I compare them the ProV1x, except these are $30 a dozen. They hold up really well and I really believe they are the best bang for your buck out there. I think if people were to do a blind test between the Snell and the ProV (or your preferred ball) they would really be surprised by it.

Bump.

(THP thread)

I've been using these for the past several months and am extremely happy. I compare them the ProV1x, except these are $30 a dozen. They hold up really well and I really believe they are the best bang for your buck out there. I think if people were to do a blind test between the Snell and the ProV (or your preferred ball) they would really be surprised by it.

Exactly! Best ball on the market for your money. No question. I am on the 4th dozen and I will NOT be changing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! Best ball on the market for your money. No question. I am on the 4th dozen and I will NOT be changing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I agree. These are the best for the money. I bit the bullet and ordered 6 dozen a few weeks ago. I haven't really played any other brand ball since these came out on the market last year. Also got a couple Snell hats.

My golf buddies like it because when I find a Pro V I give it away to them.

They're made by Dean Snell. The guy responsible for the Professional & ProV series by Titlest. Also responsible for some great balls by TaylorMade. He's responsible for a ton of golf ball patents. He knows what he's doing & he's a cool guy, too.
This is very accurate. My first 3 dozen came with a personally signed "Thank You" note in the box from Dean Snell. Pretty awesome.

He must be getting really busy, my last box didn't have the personally signed note. Lol

You are missing out if you don't try the My Tour Ball.

Last edited:
I have been playing these for the last two or three months and love the ball. Every bit as good as a Pro V1 IMO. I plan on sticking with these for a while.

I just bought a box of MTBs and played my first round with them. I am a bogey golfer and the MTB played just like a ProV1.

My brother who plays the ProV1x played a hole with an MTB and shared similar thoughts.

I saw similar distance compared to other premium golf balls off the tee. The spin off irons and wedges was also comparable to other high end golf balls. For $30/dozen I was very impressed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My buddy has been playing these balls and has closed the gap with me off the tee. His work on he greens has been pretty stellar as well.

For those who have played the MTBs any comparison to Chrome Softs? I'm hesitant to try anything new after playing CSs for the last several months but at a slightly lower price point I might have to give these a try.

For those who have played the MTBs any comparison to Chrome Softs? I'm hesitant to try anything new after playing CSs for the last several months but at a slightly lower price point I might have to give these a try.

Honestly I feel no difference in terms of long and mid game, but for me the green checks are better with the MTB. I would also say putting feels better with the MTB, for a lower price, I'd give it a try. So for me the winner is the MTB over the Chromesoft.

2016 version of Chromesoft btw for my testing.

I would be gaming it but unfortunately I have about 200 supersofts to go through before my better half lets me buy more balls :messed:

I have been playing the MTBs ever since I tried them a few weeks ago. Here is my assessment to the 2016 Chrome Soft which were my go-to-ball.

Driving - MTB has less spin and about the same distance.
Fairway - no difference
Approach - checks better on the green. Almost too good.
Putting - this is where I noticed the biggest difference. Feel is lighter and tracks better. My putting has dropped on average as much as 4 strokes per 18 holes.

I think I will have to give these a try!

Back