Snell Golf Balls Review Thread

I dont really care about the name of the ball does it really matter? these are going to be my next choice when i need balls.

Here's some data for some off-brand balls compared to the Pro V1x. Clubhead speeds are more in line for an average golfer for this particular test. The Snell was 9 yards longer than the Pro V1x off of a 74.1 mph PW swing, pretty significant IMO.

I recently switched to the Snell MTB from B330's.

TEST-DATA-Driver.png

TEST-DATA-6-iron.png

TEST-DATA-wedges.png

Got a box of Tour yellow Snell Get Sum balls this week to compare to the Srixon Q stars that I play a lot.The Get sums seem to be a little harder feeling than Q stars off the driver and irons.I must say that I am a 64 yr.old senior with a driver speed of around 92 mph on a good day.I seem to get a few yards more with the irons(3-5yds) with the Get Sums but they also have more roll out,not that I can spin the ball much anyway.Off the putter ,the Get Sums seem a little firmer,but not much , and hotter.They will take a little getting used to but seem to be a good ball for a two piece surlyn covered ball.

I game the Snell MTB's and I can't say enough positive things about this ball, IMHO the MTB is the best ball for me. It gave me the extra distance I needed off the tee and the feel of the ball equals the Pro V, but at a cheaper price for a premium ball - I did recently purchase Kirkland Signature urethane balls from Costco.com site $30 for 2 doz., I gotta be honest and say that these perform equal to the MTB's IMHO, so if you're on a budget look these up. I probably be buying a few more boxes until they discontinue it. Then go back to the MTB's.

I game the Snell MTB's and I can't say enough positive things about this ball, IMHO the MTB is the best ball for me. It gave me the extra distance I needed off the tee and the feel of the ball equals the Pro V, but at a cheaper price for a premium ball - I did recently purchase Kirkland Signature urethane balls from Costco.com site $30 for 2 doz., I gotta be honest and say that these perform equal to the MTB's IMHO, so if you're on a budget look these up. I probably be buying a few more boxes until they discontinue it. Then go back to the MTB's.

Snell's MTB is such an awesome ball. It does everything right. Good distance, height and stopping power.

There are a lot of people who's option I respect on this forum are playing the MTB ball. Just may have to give them a go to see if it can replace my gamer. Just wish it was available in yellow. Sent them an email several days ago regarding a yellow ball and their response was not in the foreseeable future.

I played the MTB for 18 holes yesterday. The ball had a rash by the 15th hole, but I did hit a cart path. With the weather so cold and the ground so wet it is hard to draw too many conclusions. I liked the ball well enough but didn't have any "aha! moments" or anything.

Last edited:
I think its time to pick some up. I'm super curious.

Finally got my hands on a MTB ball. A guy at my club asked me about it and gave me one ball to play. I played the entire round w it.
My thoughts - very good feel off of woods and irons. Performs well around the green, but with more rollout than my usual ProV1x.
It was SUPER HOT off the putter. I blew my putts by the hole all day. 8 3-putts (yep, 8). I played the same greens yesterday, same speed, same putter. It is the ball.
Overall a very nice ball, but it would be a ball that I would need to play a lot to get used to putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a couple dozen to try, couldn't make myself go for 6 yet.

REALLY eager to try these, as I'm sure a lot of other THP'ers are what with the event coming up. Curious if the captains have been getting any work in the either of the Snell balls?

REALLY eager to try these, as I'm sure a lot of other THP'ers are what with the event coming up. Curious if the captains have been getting any work in the either of the Snell balls?

Hell we could have split the 6 dozen deal!!! THINK MAN, THINK!!

Hell we could have split the 6 dozen deal!!! THINK MAN, THINK!!

Hahahaha, Dean is going to yepp the same thing at me! Didn't even cross my mind.

Pretty eager to try these out though!

I've been playing the Snell "Get Sum" since October of 2015 (my 1st order) and really like them. I don't have the spin around the green so I didn't go with premium My Tour Ball. The Get Sum is predictable and does everything I expect it to do. Nice length off the tee and feels nice off the putter face. Hopefully i'll get a chance to give the MTB a go at the Kickoff Classic to compare the two.

Hahahaha, Dean is going to yepp the same thing at me! Didn't even cross my mind.

Pretty eager to try these out though!

yepppp!

Panda and I may have gone in on a deal

Just picked up a dozen of the MTB. Really ooking forward to giving them a try as I get prepared for the Kickoff Classic.

Just picked up a dozen of the MTB. Really ooking forward to giving them a try as I get prepared for the Kickoff Classic.
Thays awesome dude, eager to hear your thoughts. I'm excited to give them a whirl too, I shouldn't have waited this long to buy

Thays awesome dude, eager to hear your thoughts. I'm excited to give them a whirl too, I shouldn't have waited this long to buy

I have pondered buying some more than once in the past but never did for some reason. Once I was given a very important and exciting reason a couple of hours ago, it was done without hesitation!

Three ways, dean wants in

Gotta say, that was a helluva deal for a threeway with deano lol

All paid up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been really interesting reading about Dean Snell and Snell Golf this morning. I've gotten such a large supply of Bridgestone B330-RX balls over the past couple of years that I really hadn't paid attention to any of the emerging companies or new lines. Snell's two lines seem like really good options at good price points. I look forward to trying them out.

PS - I miss my man Hawk...and that was a nice review he wrote last year.

It's been really interesting reading about Dean Snell and Snell Golf this morning. I've gotten such a large supply of Bridgestone B330-RX balls over the past couple of years that I really hadn't paid attention to any of the emerging companies or new lines. Snell's two lines seem like really good options at good price points. I look forward to trying them out.

PS - I miss my man Hawk...and that was a nice review he wrote last year.

He is doing great with the family. We exchanged messages just a few weeks ago. Plan on getting together at some point with my travels up there so frequent.

i'm really excited to get the mtb in play. i'll be coming off the 2014 b330s that i was "fit" into after a long (and hilarious) conversation with the bfit online guys. the higher spinning b330s elevated my game to a whole new level, so i'll be interested to see what the mtb offers.

i heard dean snell on one of the pga radio shows a couple weeks ago, and he sounds crazy smart and really passionate. i'm so excited to get to know these guys and learn from the best. golf ball tech is something that i just can't wrap my head around, so the kickoff classic with snell golf is going to be my opportunity to dive in.

Back