So what will you be buying with your Trump golf fund....er, um relief check?

robrandalgz

2023 Budget Championship #CanyonCowboys
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I say that in jest but, if I come out the other side of this thing not actually needing to use this supposed stimulus check to actually survive, I think I could talk myself into investing a portion of it into new irons. Am I alone, here?

Pay off last bit of student loans, save that money monthly, pay off card debt my wife's family on in her name, collect money from them from then on, put that towards house stuff

Probably going to get fit for a new driver, probably the Ping G410 since I already have them in a 3 wood, plus the 2 and 4 hybrids.

I hope my fiance and I don't need it to get by. If we don't, we have some wedding stuff that would eat that money up reallyyyyy fast but golf stuff is being thought about every second. Maybe I will slip some of it to myself :ROFLMAO:

Although a new driver sounds nice, so does compound interest....porque no los dos??

In all actuality, it would take me months to deem that the money wouldn't be necessary to survive so I wouldn't be hasty to spend a nickel of it, really. But, I won't lie, if I come out the other side of this whole thing not needing the money to survive, there will certainly be a few hundred diverted to a club fund. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

If we get one I'll probably put it towards bills. We have a car that's almost paid off, so that would take priority over clubs at the moment.

Callaway Stock!

Not even gonna indict myself on this one.

It'll be a small start to filling the investment fund hole this hot mess has created. No fun stuff with it.

Nothing. Both will be held onto for when my wife (medical worker) needs to isolate and doesn’t get paid for 2 weeks. And will stay there until the ‘all clear’. Then it might get used to pay other bills anyway.

While I'd love to say I'd get some Titleist T400's with it, I won't get them... and I won't get the money. My wife will get it because she runs the finances.

I feel so disconnected, what are we supposed to be receiving for the stimulus fund?

I haven't read the details, but I always falk into that weird small business segment that doesn't see a dime. They always just make it easier for us little guys to borrow, and I don't do that to cover things.

I'll have to read about it more tonight.

I feel so disconnected, what are we supposed to be receiving for the stimulus fund?

I don't know the details yet, but I have heard $1,000 this month, $1,000 next month. But there is bipartisan talk of replacing 3/4 of salaries, capped at $80,000 per person. Not sure if that has any legs, but it's pretty interesting.

I am going to resist the temptation to do anything with it until things get back to normal. When that happens and if the money is still there then new irons my be obtained.

I say that in jest but, if I come out the other side of this thing not actually needing to use this supposed stimulus check to actually survive, I think I could talk myself into investing a portion of it into new irons. Am I alone, here?

Depending on how things go, a new set of irons is a definite possibility. ;)

Use it to pay my taxes. :mad:

My F250-V10 gasser needs a tune up. That will eat up a good portion of the stimulus monies.

After that, I don't have a clue. Maybe gas up the RV and take a trip some where........south.

As of this morning the politicians are still negotiating how much to send out, and this individual stimulus money deal has not been approved as yet because of those negotiations. Other parts of the over all stimulus package have already been approved however.

I also read some where that it might be considered taxable income. This is also part of the on going negotiations.

Last edited:
Look at the bright side, your paying your taxes with their money.
Yep, absolutely looking at it that way. :ROFLMAO: (y)
Will probably find out next year that we will taxed on this stimulus too though. :ROFLMAO:

I should not need stimulus money.

Anybody know the tax implications of this check?

Back