So what will you be buying with your Trump golf fund....er, um relief check?

I heard it's $2400 per couple filling jointly
And $1200 individuals.
$500 per child

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Senate bill starts to decrease that amount at an income level of $75,000 with a $99,000 income cap.

Wonder if individuals that already get their w2 from the federal government will get it. Havent seen any details beyond the 75k-99k portion on eligibility.

Well it depends on how many zeros!
  • One zero 433CA91F-443A-45E0-8FF0-3F889DF94A0E.jpeg
  • Two zeros 43979315-8CFA-4DB1-A075-6751B0938892.jpeg
  • Three zeros (this is wear it gets tough) E0236D1C-4FEE-4597-9AE9-3E14290B0921.jpeg or 7A483CF1-CA77-4FBF-8882-0ED4A0B89679.jpeg or 95D7EF78-804F-4555-8EA6-F726C85C7C50.jpeg

Mine will go towards my son's sophomore year Fall semester college costs.

If there is indeed cash coming my way I am looking at two options -- 1) using it to go out to eat at local restaurants for every meal until the cash is gone or 2) put it toward some thumpin' SONOS equipment for my big tv. Anyone have thoughts on Sonos vs another option? (Looking for a simple setup here....).
I wonder if my wife will be interested in putting her check toward the food and mine toward thumpin' bass?!?

I won’t be eligible for one from what I can tell.

Me either. :(

Currently sitting at home, waiting to see if my short term disability will be approved. Company wants me to stay home, as I’m high risk, but doesn’t want to keep paying me.

I’ll survive, but a little bonus from Uncle Sam would have been nice.

Me either. :(

Currently sitting at home, waiting to see if my short term disability will be approved. Company wants me to stay home, as I’m high risk, but doesn’t want to keep paying me.

I’ll survive, but a little bonus from Uncle Sam would have been nice.

Sorry to hear that. I have close to a months worth of sick time However my company is paying us. Atleast the first 3 weeks of it anyway.

Not that I expect to get anything, but if I did it would go toward paying my income tax bill. Since they changed the rules mid year last year I ended up owing instead of getting a refund. :mad:

Hawaiian shirts and night vision.

If I get one I'll go shopping/dining at the local small businesses/restaurants that have been hard hit here.

Going straight to savings. I’m looking at this as money that I never had to begin with. I’m not going to miss it and not planning to need it during this crisis. Plus, Uncle Sam will probably want his share when it comes to tax times. I’m sure they will lump this into “earned income”.

It’s not what Uncle Sam wants us to do but I’m pretty inclined to put it in savings / rainy day fund. Our jobs feel a little vulnerable right now. I want that money on hold just in case.

Well I know I’m going to get $0 even though my business revenue (which means my income) went to $0 and will be there probably for the rest of the year. The only thing we have going for us is saving, saving, saving for 20+ years in the event of a rainy day (or pandemic).
I feel for people in your boat. Good incomes, but business basically dried up by this things. At least you saved and were ready. My wife and I are very fortunate in that we both have jobs we can do from home and is not dying down so we will be fully employed and paid. Were trying to figure out how to help our food pantry at church when there isn't any food to buy to stock it 😂.

I doubt we will see a dime. Will be curious how they determine eligibility, I’ve got a unique situation where I’m both W2 and 1099 by my firm. On the plus side my wife and I will both be compensated through this. If anything does come our way it’s going straight to my people that can’t work through this. Currently I’m trying to track down my hair person so I can Venmo her some dollars. Then restaurants and local shops galore!

Am I getting a check?
What is the threshold of income? Anybody know?

Since I already bought a "new" set of irons with my tax refund check, that isn't an option. Since our daughter had to close her restaurant last Monday, it may be going towards her living expenses.

On second thought, I may invest. Even if I don't get a check, my wife should. Some stocks are hitting the bottom of the barrel. It would be nice to have that money eventually be worth 2-3 times what it is now. 🤔

New batteries for my golf cart. I went out for 9 holes yesterday and the cart barely made it home. That will be just short of $700 which will spend almost all of my Trump check.
The wife is torn between investing in some stock or buying new wheels and tires and doors for the golfl cart.

Lots of take out.
Too bad, because I was doing so well with my diet.
BUT...the supermarket shelves are empty, and the take out restaurants still seem to have plenty of food.

I say that in jest but, if I come out the other side of this thing not actually needing to use this supposed stimulus check to actually survive, I think I could talk myself into investing a portion of it into new irons. Am I alone, here?

Really bad taste, dude. Some people need housing, food, and med supplies. Grow up.

I'll probably keep mine in the bank for a bit. Maybe payoff credit card # 2 and get my new fishing rod (Ark Viper) that just went closeout on Tackle Warehouse. Probably be doing more fishing anyhow since golf courses are closed in PA.

I'd be surprised if I get a check... but if I do, I'm planning a kick a$$ golf vacay at Streamsong or somewhere awesome like that.... who's with me?!?!?!?!
I have a local connection, maybe we can put something together when this calms down. @Thechosen1 wants to play there also, I am interested but no tips for me and no walking. I want a cart a cold drink and cigar.

I have a local connection, maybe we can put something together when this calms down. @Thechosen1 wants to play there also, I am interested but no tips for me and no walking. I want a cart a cold drink and cigar.
Sounds like a plan, my friend!!

If I get one it will go right back to the Government for taxes. I got killed this year.

Back