Spiked vs Spikeless

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a lengthy thread on this, but so many new shoes have come out recently.
Where do you stand for majority of your rounds?

Spikeless but yet I don’t swing as hard as men do so it really doesn’t matter as much to me.

I wear spikeless only, not for one reason or another, but generally I find the spikeless to be more comfortable.

9 out of 10 times I will wear Spiked. I trust the traction far more (misguided as that may be).

Spikeless the odd time if conditions are perfect, or just out messing around.

I have exclusive to spiked but have a gotten a few spikless that i am really enjoying. I am open to wearing both but on wet day's spiked all the way.

Spikeless.. mainly because I need a minimalist shoe with a wide toe box for my messed up feet. I haver found any good spiked shoes that offer that

Spiked. Every time I wear spikeless I feel like I'm going to have Scheffler footwork.

I've worn nothing but spikeless for years. They are just more comfortable. I should get a pair of spiked one of these days just to see.

I have been spikeless for a long time. I am not opposed to spikes but I just have gravitated towards shoe styles that don't have them.

I have both, really enjoy both. I think the tread patterns/durability of spikeless shoes have improved dramatically and they’re just as viable of an option as spiked. Of the dozen or so pairs I regularly wear I think it’s honestly a 50/50 split.

I've worn both a ton this year. We had a month of just straight rain so I wore spiked during that period,

Typically spikless. Sometimes if it's really wet I'll go spiked, but I have several pairs of spikless that have really great almost spike like traction.

I went back to spiked.

Spiked when it's wet, either when it's dry.

After finding THP, the majority of my footwear is now spikeless. Love them. Spiked are saved for damp conditions

i've been playing spiked for the past year. prior to that spikeless. In dry summer conditions, I *think* im slipping less with the spiked. truth be told, I think both are equal in gripping the ground for the force I try to contain.

Spikeless shoes have progressed so much over the past few years. I swing harder than I should and can't remember the last time I had a big slip.

I have some of both but vastly prefer the spikeless for 95% of rounds.

I find it hard to adjust to the thicker spiked shoes I have as well just from a geometry standpoint. It's got to be a 1/4 to 1/2 inch taller.

I flip back and forth, however I've worn spiked for the majority of my rounds this year. Couple holes can get a little damp and I've found they really help in the wet.

Spikeless. Rarely playing in bad conditions here in CA so haven’t really had the need to go spiked.

Spikeless the majority of the time, although I do grab the spiked when it's been raining.

My preference is spikeless.

I won’t buy shoes with spikes anymore which at times limits my choices of styles or designs.

Spikes are too grabby and have caused me knee injury in the past so I don’t want to risk it again.

I have been spikeless for years. Ecco Biom Hybrids. I tried going back to spikes and they are just too much for my feet. I will take the slide traction loss for the comfort.

Till about a year and a half ago I was 100% a spikes guy. I think the tread on spikeless has improved a lot in that time and now I am almost 100% a spikeless guy.

I switch back and forth based on time of day and weather. My Puma spiked shoes are just as comfortable as the spikeless ones. My preference is actually spiked most of the time.

Back