Sports Memorabilia Thread

Nice! Never met a pro athlete in any way but I imagine it's pretty cool.

Let's have 'em. I used to be hardcore Nascar and then the sport changed forever on a February morning in 2001.
Sad sad day that was !
Here are a few. These are some of the prized ones
All are signed by Dale, and the artist, and numbered.
the last one is a photograph of his hauler going north on 95. Not 1 car would pass the hauler

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 19
Also have some pretty rare signatures
Tom Landry
Roger Staubach
How DiMaggio
Ray Boom Boom Mancini
Evander Holyfield
Ernie Banks, on a game scorecard where Mike Schmidt hit 5 HR and Dave Kingman hit 6 HR. Cubbies won 13-12. That piece is priceless. My uncle sat with him
During the game.
Fran Tarkenton, and Alan Page on the gold 25th anniversary year album of the Minnesota Vikings.
Herschel Walker on a room service order check

pretty cool stuff

I have tiki barber jersey, Herschel walker jersey, Troy aikman helmet and a hockey stick from the broad street bullies.

Hershey walker was signing at a bar we went to....what a nice guy. He was taking pics, signing autographs and talking to everyone. The exact opposite was christan okoye....dude was a drunk jerk. He was at the same bar the following year. What a tool...he was a "nightmare"...lol

I don't really focus on 'sports' memorabilia per se, but I do have a ton of golf stuff and a fair bit of hockey 'stuff' kicking around.

Nothing close to the awesomeness that some of you have shown.

Sad sad day that was !
Here are a few. These are some of the prized ones
All are signed by Dale, and the artist, and numbered.
the last one is a photograph of his hauler going north on 95. Not 1 car would pass the hauler

Pretty sharp. Years ago when I was visiting RCR I picked up some posters of the Sam Bass artwork, Taz, Bass Pro, Silver Select and Olympic I think. I have the Taz and Bass Pro ones framed, one is above my bed the other in my office. I also have a print highlighting Dale's career statistics, his car is cresting a rise at Watkins Glen with Rusty in the Miller Lite car behind. I guess I should take a picture LOL.

The one image that I wished I could find was in a magazine years ago (I forget which one now) and was taken the night Dale was the first to drive Daytona under the lights. It was taken from pit road and was a timed exposure (I think) because the car kind of faded out as it took off from a stop. I have searched high and low as it was one of the coolest images I have ever seen, but have been unable to find it. My guess is they never sold it commercially which is a shame.

I have things hanging in my basement. Baseball pennants from the 40-60’s. Some jerseys signed (Montana, Schmidt, McNabb, etc ). Some posters of early 1900’s World Series games. But one of my favorites is the poster from “Shot Heard ‘Round the World” signed by both Bobby Thomson and Ralph Branca.

Met him in Las Vegas, the story goes he signed my forearm and 30 minutes later I was sitting in a tattoo parlor getting ink.348CC2D3-3F53-4A1C-BD98-7AB84A70C75A.jpeg

Met him in Las Vegas, the story goes he signed my forearm and 30 minutes later I was sitting in a tattoo parlor getting ink.
Now that is what you call an autograph.

Met him in Las Vegas, the story goes he signed my forearm and 30 minutes later I was sitting in a tattoo parlor getting ink.View attachment 8938966

.... and he deserves his place in the Hall of Fame, but will likely never get it. Nothing he is being chastised for had any effect on what he did on the field as a player. But, since he lied about it he is paying the price.

.... and he deserves his place in the Hall of Fame, but will likely never get it. Nothing he is being chastised for had any effect on what he did on the field as a player. But, since he lied about it he is paying the price.
Totally agree

I don't disagree on whether Rose should be in HOF. He should. Of course. But gambling on games you are the manager and a player definitely is having an impact on the result of the game.

Wanted to see if anyone shared the same hobby as I do. While, I do not collect all sports and players, I tend to lean towards only Colts.

Couple of pics of the mancave with signed mini and full size helmets, jersey, etc. etc.

Awesome. I don't collect, but my one piece of memorabilia is a football signed by the 1968 (Baltimore) Colts. My dad played college basketball with Ordell Brasse (quite the all-around jock) and Ordell gave this to my dad when he went to see them play at Lambeau Field that year. It meant more to my dad than it does me, but I pull it out occasionally when a Colts fan visits.

Awesome. I don't collect, but my one piece of memorabilia is a football signed by the 1968 (Baltimore) Colts. My dad played college basketball with Ordell Brasse (quite the all-around jock) and Ordell gave this to my dad when he went to see them play at Lambeau Field that year. It meant more to my dad than it does me, but I pull it out occasionally when a Colts fan visits.

That is really freaking cool.

About the only thing I have, beside some cards, is an autographed baseball from Phil Niekro. At the time he was coaching an all women's baseball team called the Silver Bullets. They would play men's college teams & at that time my cousin was the head coach at Mesa State (now Colo Mesa Univ). Any how Phil asked him what was the best bar to go to in town & I was bouncing at the country bar here, so he sent him to see me. Well Phil shows up & our door guy at the had to come find me because Phil Niekro asked for me personally! He had such a great time that he said he would be back the next night with some of the ladies. So I made sure to bring in a baseball for him to sign & he also gave me 1 of his business cards for the Silver Bullets.

I forgot a few items
I work in hotels and have managed a few events for high profile people and received gifts.
Did an event for Hunters Hope. Jim Kelly’s son who passed. He gave me a signed jersey.
Did an event to raise money for The First tee sponsored by RBC. They had bank noted with Jack Nicklaus on them. They were encased in plexi. Jack gave me one at the end.
Ran an Army Navy event for Roger Staubach. At the end he gave me a signed mini helmet and signed mini football.
I have a picture of ME catching a touchdown pass in the end zone of Cowboy stadium.
a statue made of crushed pecan shells and then carved of Bill Elliott.

Attachments

• 98AADC7B-CB75-452A-8613-FC87107C9B00.jpeg
    98AADC7B-CB75-452A-8613-FC87107C9B00.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 11
here's a few I have on my bulletin board at work, probably have 5-600 autographed cards, baseball and hockey. I reality I could probably fund my retirement for quite a few years with all my collectables. I try buy something every pay period.

1587768248204.png

This quarantine has to end. I am spending wayyyyy too much on Colts memorabilia.

Added a few beauties to the collection.
561796B3-E4E5-49CE-BC24-588174BBC635.jpegC988B059-8482-49C1-8F53-779262E0648F.jpegF1F00A74-42C0-4EFF-AFF1-DA5B38D1ED0D.jpeg3B14FC21-F9E8-4078-95DA-590050CB0787.jpeg

Had that knot in the throat feeling when I got this picture. The custom above now has my favorite player of all time's sig on it!!

edge.jpg

Phil & Joe Niekro

EAAB2206-1BE9-4004-9CB6-2668EBDF25BA.jpeg

Billy Martin

DD9B2E38-AE75-4CE0-8ECE-6AAAA656B64B.jpeg

The Colts Cave is amazing, and as a Hoosier, I'm 💯 on board.

I have a bit of a Johnny Bench problem. Probably 8 or 10 of the things on the shelf are auto'd.
IMG_20210101_151458.jpg
I was assigned as catcher in pee wee due to my size. Caught my way thru Little League, high school, coed and military softball, finally quitting when the knees screamed no mas at age 40ish. Living in Indy it was Cubs or Reds. And I was prime age for the awesomeness of the Big Red Machine of the 70s. My first catchers mitt was the one in that picture, of course a Bench model.
Fast forward from childhood worship to last October when I finally got to meet the 🐐 of MLB catchers.
IMG_20201023_111428.jpg
Too bad that gaiter is about to choke me out, but this was probably the best sports related thing in my life.
Here's JB signing a bat for me.
IMG_20210314_195709.jpg
I've got a fair share of autos: Lynn Swann (met as a 10 yr old), a bunch of old WHA hockey players and coaches, a Bobby Hull puck (also major Blackhawks guy), but I love this sig my uncle got for me right after I left for the Air Force in 88.
IMG_20210314_200110.jpg
Yeah, an Irish homer, too, so the Ara Parseghian is sweet.

The Colts Cave is amazing, and as a Hoosier, I'm 💯 on board.

I have a bit of a Johnny Bench problem. Probably 8 or 10 of the things on the shelf are auto'd.
View attachment 8998044
I was assigned as catcher in pee wee due to my size. Caught my way thru Little League, high school, coed and military softball, finally quitting when the knees screamed no mas at age 40ish. Living in Indy it was Cubs or Reds. And I was prime age for the awesomeness of the Big Red Machine of the 70s. My first catchers mitt was the one in that picture, of course a Bench model.
Fast forward from childhood worship to last October when I finally got to meet the 🐐 of MLB catchers.
View attachment 8998045
Too bad that gaiter is about to choke me out, but this was probably the best sports related thing in my life.
Here's JB signing a bat for me.
View attachment 8998046
I've got a fair share of autos: Lynn Swann (met as a 10 yr old), a bunch of old WHA hockey players and coaches, a Bobby Hull puck (also major Blackhawks guy), but I love this sig my uncle got for me right after I left for the Air Force in 88.
View attachment 8998047
Yeah, an Irish homer, too, so the Ara Parseghian is sweet.
That's awesome, big fan of Mr
Bench as I played catcher as in little league.

Wanted to see if anyone shared the same hobby as I do. While, I do not collect all sports and players, I tend to lean towards only Colts.

Couple of pics of the mancave with signed mini and full size helmets, jersey, etc. etc.

View attachment 8930300View attachment 8930301View attachment 8930302View attachment 8930303
I have a signed Bob Sanders colts jersey and some signed stuff from when he was at Iowa. I saw every home game he played while at Iowa. Hardest hitter I've ever seen in person. You could literally hear the POP all the way up in the nose bleeds. My all-time favorite Hawkeye. Dallas Clark wasn't too shabby either.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back