Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

While I am a homer for Mizuno irons, those 785s sure tick all the right boxes for me....

6820e1a2a4265b90b1a5603a4a03070f.png

I took the retail training for the Z85 lineup today and found this graphic interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the retail training for the Z85 lineup today and found this graphic interesting...

is it really fair for srixon to compare the ap2 to the 585? wouldn't a better comparison be ap3, or even ap1? i would think 785 would be the better iron to compare to ap2.

6820e1a2a4265b90b1a5603a4a03070f.png

two things, which JPX, i am thinking forged, and second wonder what spin numbers where?

is it really fair for srixon to compare the ap2 to the 585? wouldn't a better comparison be ap3, or even ap1? i would think 785 would be the better iron to compare to ap2.

This.......

This.......

Yeah don't like this, if anything takes away their testing cred... Strong lofts alone will get you this claimed distance. Also use testers with higher swing speeds, I am not a big hitter but use testers with a bit more speed.

I didn’t make the training, I just found it interesting... I agree I would have rather seen the AP3 comparison, AP1 isn’t a good comparison either...

The 785 is thinner than the AP2 and the 585 is a bit larger. Its a tad smaller than AP3 looking at them side by side last week though, especially at the top.
It looks to me like they went with the top sellers from each. Although I am not sure Titleist could complain after the Tour Soft vs Chrome Soft thing haha

This.......

Yeah don't like this, if anything takes away their testing cred... Strong lofts alone will get you this claimed distance. Also use testers with higher swing speeds, I am not a big hitter but use testers with a bit more speed.

you have to look at the context of the which the information is being presented. It only states 25 golfers with 5 shots each. It doesn't take into consideration handicaps, age, or ability. Also you can't compare certain sets because of stock lengths and lofts. Without seeing the whole information, we can't draw alot of valid conclusions yet. I say that from experience taking trainings like this every year.

Haha... yeah after the ball comparison titleist did earlier this year, they could have compared the u85 to those other irons and it would have been fair game.

I agree though, the lofts are most likely a little different between oem's. In the end, it's all about what fits the end user best.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The 785 is thinner than the AP2 and the 585 is a bit larger. Its a tad smaller than AP3 looking at them side by side last week though, especially at the top.
It looks to me like they went with the top sellers from each. Although I am not sure Titleist could complain after the Tour Soft vs Chrome Soft thing haha

That was my thoughts 100%. They know their target audience will be people that play those clubs.

I didn’t make the training, I just found it interesting... I agree I would have rather seen the AP3 comparison, AP1 isn’t a good comparison either...

I wasn't coming at you, just generally musing.

Hearing that the 785 is smaller than AP2 is really interesting. I still don't really see the 585 golfer as being the AP2 golfer, though.

you have to look at the context of the which the information is being presented. It only states 25 golfers with 5 shots each. It doesn't take into consideration handicaps, age, or ability. Also you can't compare certain sets because of stock lengths and lofts. Without seeing the whole information, we can't draw alot of valid conclusions yet. I say that from experience taking trainings like this every year.

It just stood out to me, as I wouldn't consider those to be the same golfer.

That was my thoughts 100%. They know their target audience will be people that play those clubs.

You're saying you think Srixon is targeting the AP2 audience with the 585 release? I would think they would be targeting that audience with the 785 release.

You're saying you think Srixon is targeting the AP2 audience with the 585 release? I would think they would be targeting that audience with the 785 release.

I think they are targeting the AP2 audience with their iron release and this makes a splash.
Small segment use Srixon (although growing).

I think they are targeting the AP2 audience with their iron release and this makes a splash.
Small segment use Srixon (although growing).

They may be doing that, but why wouldn't they have used the 785 for comparison? That would be a better comparison IMO?

They may be doing that, but why wouldn't they have used the 785 for comparison? That would be a better comparison IMO?

This is just my opinion, so take it for what its worth and it makes a lot of sense based on what Zack Oakley said in the video on the home page. His words said similar irons with one touting distance the other touting workability.

This is why we shoot these exclusive videos, for THPers to get info straight from the source. Whether they agree or not, is of course up to each golfer.

This is just my opinion, so take it for what its worth and it makes a lot of sense based on what Zack Oakley said in the video on the home page. His words said similar irons with one touting distance the other touting workability.

This is why we shoot these exclusive videos, for THPers to get info straight from the source. Whether they agree or not, is of course up to each golfer.

I'll watch it again, I get distracted at work. Thanks JB I enjoy all of the videos and it is great work you do sir. :clapp:

Definitely doing a combo set. Long irons I just need distance! Give me that butta feel and workability in the mid-short irons

I think that it’s important to remember that most people walking into a big box store aren’t gear heads like most THP’ers... I think they just used the more popular AP2 as a comparison. I see people buy equipment all the time that probably isn’t the best fit for them, but is popular among their golf buddies.

I would have loved to see the 7 Iron comparison between the 585 and the Apex CF16. To me that is the best comparison.

I think that it’s important to remember that most people walking into a big box store aren’t gear heads like most THP’ers... I think they just used the more popular AP2 as a comparison. I see people buy equipment all the time that probably isn’t the best fit for them, but is popular among their golf buddies.

I would have loved to see the 7 Iron comparison between the 585 and the Apex CF16. To me that is the best comparison.

I did this very test between the cf16 and the 565, and I'll probably do the same thing with the 585. The two were neck and neck for me... hoping the 585 steps it up a little.

Is there any comparison pictures of the 65’s and 85’s? Like top lines and soles?

I’ve always thought that Srixon made some of the best looking irons on the market. These are no different

Yes, I am aware of that. We asked if the 9 series would be with it and that answer is in our behind the scenes thread from a few months ago. It was told to us that currently, there was not a plan at this time, but if demand is there, they listen to the consumers.

It looks like their plan is to release a blade in the spring of next year, based on some of their comments on Facebook posts.

It looks like their plan is to release a blade in the spring of next year, based on some of their comments on Facebook posts.

I saw that on the twitterverse as well.

Glad to see they changed their mind.

Back