Srixon Z 785 Driver Review

Just when I couldnt stop bragging about my relationship with this driver we hit a rough patch yesterday. Driving range warmup was absolutely money, the trajectory, sound, whatever I wanted to do with the club it was awesome...................and then I teed off. First ball ob left, 2nd ball in the hazard down the right (hit it dead straight where I was aiming) and that set the tone for the day. Just wasn't consitent at all.

I’ve been a little inconsistent with mine as of late too...so today I took 2 drivers for my round just to compare the Z785 to a setup that I know has worked well in the past. Well...I learned that my driver swing just isn’t tight right now, so Indian and not arrow...it’s close and I made some alignment adjustments in my stance lately that have helped. But the biggest thing is just catching it on the bottom “grooves” of the drivers and hitting low line drivers...

The hole that made me finally decide to just quitting hitting the old driver was when I smoked one with the Z785, teed up a ball with the old driver, and proceeded to hit a low liner with it. I had 125 in on a 408 yard par 4 into about a one club wind. It was all Z785 all the time after that. :micdrop:

...Highpoints for me continue to be the setup, sound, and the overall weight.

The face doesn't seem as wide as some other drivers but not too small either and the carbon fiber on the top looks amazing.

Sound continues to impress, even on a mishit the sound of solid is still there, but you can tell where you hit it on the clubface and it's not clanky or totally muted.

Whoa, I was reading along and then blacked out for a second there when you said carbon fiber on top. I need to go find one of these to swat at the golf shop!

Whoa, I was reading along and then blacked out for a second there when you said carbon fiber on top. I need to go find one of these to swat at the golf shop!

70b194314e3f2d6bf9a3dbfd3aa85601.jpg

You can see a little bit of the carbon fiber in the picture above, it’s a great looking head. Not the best pic with all the reflections from the room I took it in though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70b194314e3f2d6bf9a3dbfd3aa85601.jpg

You can see a little bit of the carbon fiber in the picture above, it’s a great looking head. Not the best pic with all the reflections from the room I took it in though...

I think I just blacked out again :angel: I love the classic presentation it looks ready to do business. Thanks for the pic!

I think I just blacked out again :angel: I love the classic presentation it looks ready to do business. Thanks for the pic!

You’ll love it more so in person!

Is it bad that I've checked the going price EBay since BigSoIL's post?

Is it bad that I've checked the going price EBay since BigSoIL's post?

Not at all, I would kinda think lesser of ya if you hadn’t. Lol

Oh snap you can order it with an Atmos TS Black 6X that I love but its:

Z 785 DRIVER,
$499.99 + $140.00 = $639.99
(Unit Price + Up-charge = Total)

Stock HZRDUS Black is half that on EBay. Hmmmm.

Oh snap you can order it with an Atmos TS Black 6X that I love but its:

Z 785 DRIVER,
$499.99 + $140.00 = $639.99
(Unit Price + Up-charge = Total)

Stock HZRDUS Black is half that on EBay. Hmmmm.

I’ll be waiting for your post in the “What golf stuff did you buy today?” thread...haha!

Well this past weekend by fairway finder returned and she was outstanding. Draws, fades, and long. 3 holes I was further off the tee than I had ever been on those holes in 4 years. I missed 3 fairways, 2 bad swings and the other I hit further than intended and went in the drink. Great distance from this club, and the sound really is impressive.

Some solid feedback from a few of the THPers that were in the Srixon event already. Looking forward to the others.
Stay tuned next week as we are going to be giving one away.

I just didn’t have it with the driver today, but it was an OTT toe strike miss that hounded me for several holes. The results weren’t great, but the few good swing I put on it were still impressive and I hit a couple bombs. I really just have to get my driver swing a lot more consistent, there’s just no driver that can cover the issues I’ve had lately. I’ve tried an old faithful driver setup and the Z785 head legitimately outperformed it, that’s why it’s still in the bag. The flashes of brilliance with the driver when my swing cooperates is extremely promising.

Maybe at some point I’ll get my hands on a current release cycle driver to test against the 785 for a fun little bag battle/test for THP’ers. A comparison against a current model from a bigger OEM could be pretty fun!

Some solid feedback from a few of the THPers that were in the Srixon event already. Looking forward to the others.
Stay tuned next week as we are going to be giving one away.

Sweet!

The driver was hit and miss today from a consistency standpoint. My miss currently is when I get my shoulders a little too quick on the downswing and flare it off to the right and not a lot of power behind it. When that shot happens the distance isnt quite the same but still far enough to be ok and not too far off the beaten path. When I just relax and hit it though the trajectory and sound is just unbeatable for me. Getting some roll out is fun to see as previous clubs just spun too much for me to get any roll.

Most misses are out off the toe and I can always tell the instant it's hit where on the club head it came off of so the feel is top notch for me. I like to know where I hit it instantly and not have to search around on the clubface. The face hasnt worn much if any. A nice wipe of the clubface and it looks just like new each and every time.

It’s been a love/hate relationship the last couple rounds with this driver, I’m to blame for a lot of that but at this point it’s just getting in my head I think. I love the look, sound, distance, and ball speed I’ve seen out of this head and I know there’s a ton of potential. I hate the left miss I’ve had with it though, which is mostly on me and a swing flaw. I kind of wish it had an adjustment to throw some weight out toward the toe, but it’s about time to put a little lead tape out there to see if it will hold the face open a little bit longer so I can hit a few more fairways. If that works it’ll get the hotmelt treatment:)

Srixon Z 785 Driver Review

Another weekend round and another round of hitting fairways. I only missed one fairway (although it was with the 3 wood rolled too far into a fairway bunker), but the driver was spot on again. Confidence is super high with this club, and it has a great trajectory and distance for me. It’s hard for me to not want to swing harder with the confidence with this club because it sure is fun.

Misses off the toe aren’t too penalizing from a distance or dispersion standpoint that I have seen. I’ve even been comfortable hitting a fade with the driver for the first time in forever since my normal swing is a draw path and flight. 3 for 3 yesterday with a baby fade hitting the fairway.

Center of the club face is getting a nice workout.

0f05404255c2336f596789014bf49d08.jpg

88d1021d9e4d9017aee0beef47abe251.jpg

Trying a new setup to get rid of the lefts...we’ll see if it pays off Cotton! Should have some feedback tomorrow.

88d1021d9e4d9017aee0beef47abe251.jpg

Trying a new setup to get rid of the lefts...we’ll see if it pays off Cotton! Should have some feedback tomorrow.

Are you shutting it down too soon?

Are you shutting it down too soon?

It feels that way. Most of them are starting on line and just getting over cooked. I’m hoping I can get back to hitting a fade this way. That’s the great thing about lead tape though, if it doesn’t work it’s easy to remove.

It feels that way. Most of them are starting on line and just getting over cooked. I’m hoping I can get back to hitting a fade this way. That’s the great thing about lead tape though, if it doesn’t work it’s easy to remove.

Really looking forward to your thoughts. I did this to something similar last year, although I kept the weight in to help with some MOi and just added lead tape to the toe side

Really looking forward to your thoughts. I did this to something similar last year, although I kept the weight in to help with some MOi and just added lead tape to the toe side

I had the weight in it to start out and took some swings with it, it just felt way too heavy for my personal preference. I’ve got the weight handy in my bag to test out tomorrow too though. I’ll definitely have some feedback on it tomorrow with what setup I landed on.

I had the weight in it to start out and took some swings with it, it just felt way too heavy for my personal preference. I’ve got the weight handy in my bag to test out tomorrow too though. I’ll definitely have some feedback on it tomorrow with what setup I landed on.

Looking forward to it as I am like Frankenstein with my taping at times.

I have been playing with my Z785 now for almost 2 months and I was so happy with its performance that I sold both my drivers from last year. I felt I just wouldn’t use either of them as the Z785 was out driving in both distance, forgiveness and dispersion. I have the stock 10.5 with the Hzrdus Black and I haven’t even played around with the loft to see if I am playing at its optimal setting. I hit my friend’s F9 with the Smoke shaft and I am huge Cobra fan but off the same tee, both with comparable strikes, the Srixon was 20 yds ahead....blew me away.

I can’t say enough about this driver, it flat out performs. You’d be sorry not to give this driver a few swings if you’re looking at an upgrade.

I have been playing with my Z785 now for almost 2 months and I was so happy with its performance that I sold both my drivers from last year. I felt I just wouldn’t use either of them as the Z785 was out driving in both distance, forgiveness and dispersion. I have the stock 10.5 with the Hzrdus Black and I haven’t even played around with the loft to see if I am playing at its optimal setting. I hit my friend’s F9 with the Smoke shaft and I am huge Cobra fan but off the same tee, both with comparable strikes, the Srixon was 20 yds ahead....blew me away.

I can’t say enough about this driver, it flat out performs. You’d be sorry not to give this driver a few swings if you’re looking at an upgrade.

All of that is precisely why I just can’t give up on it. It’s a bomber! I just have to get it dialed in for my game right now.

Thanks for the great feedback... that is a pretty solid testimonial right there.

Back