Srixon Z 945 Review

Srixon Z 945 Review

The other thing - when ordering from Japan, their standards are different from ours. As in standard length there was .25 shorter than here. I usually order my irons
.25 short. These were ordered standard to compensate. Result was exactly what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim, did you struggle with the 545's in a particular area of your game or was the 945 purchase totally out of lust?

Man those are beautiful, just when I thought I was done buying for the summer. Have you had the chance to hit the Bridgestone J15 MB to compare them?

Srixon Z 945 Review

Tim, did you struggle with the 545's in a particular area of your game or was the 945 purchase totally out of lust?

Honestly, this is going to sound pretentious. The 545's for me were too forgiving. I had trouble discerning where I made contact on the face, and when I missed, why. I have played blades or players irons very well for years for whatever reason. Other types, not so much. Why? No idea. But every single iron set I have had success with has been blade or blade like. The looks of the 945's didn't hurt though!

Man those are beautiful, just when I thought I was done buying for the summer. Have you had the chance to hit the Bridgestone J15 MB to compare them?

I have not.... yet

Honestly, this is going to sound pretentious. The 545's for me were too forgiving. I had trouble discerning where I made contact on the face, and when I missed, why. I have played blades or players irons very well for years for whatever reason. Other types, not so much. Why? No idea. But every single iron set I have had success with has been blade or blade like. The looks of the 945's didn't hurt though!

I can totally understand and see that.

First, a disclaimer: these irons are not available as a USA release. However, it is my sincere hope that in the future, the dangerously sharp dressed cousin of the ever popular Z545 and the Z745 iron sets will be.

Quite simply, I don't know if I have ever gamed an iron that had lines as clean as the Z945. If you are a purist, or have gamed blades in the past, you need to find a way to hit these. Even if it means flying to Japan. They are that good. From turf interaction, to repeatable distances, to feel and workability, these are in their own category for this golfer. The "V" sole is the same as the 545 and the 745, albeit in a smaller package. This means the same amazing turf action is available with the 945.
694e622fd1197d10e9584c5325e5b852.jpg

Having hit each iron in the current Z family from Srixon, I can honestly say there is something for everyone. The Z945 isn't for all golfers, yet better ball strikers will be impressed (read "blown away") by both the feel and forgiveness. As with the other two sets, the smaller profile hides much more forgiveness than expected, specifically towards the toe for this golfer.

As you can see, the tight, sharp lines and negligible offset won't be for all abilities, but those in the market for blades will fall in love immediately.

I will have much more to say about these in the next few days. Enjoy the pics! Cleveland/Srixon needs to get these in the U.S.

All these make me think about is this:

bridgestone-j40-cavity-back-irons-2.jpg

I know, it's a blade, and there's very little that can be done -- so surely the material plays a bigger role than anything else, but honestly, knowing how much I loved the J40 CB profile, I would really enjoy taking a few swipes with these.

I guess I would characterize myself as a "feedback" player (I'd say a subset of the feel player). I need feedback from my irons to make adjustments swing to swing. Blades or smaller profiles help with this.

All these make me think about is this:

bridgestone-j40-cavity-back-irons-2.jpg

I know, it's a blade, and there's very little that can be done -- so surely the material plays a bigger role than anything else, but honestly, knowing how much I loved the J40 CB profile, I would really enjoy taking a few swipes with these.

Hopefully my dude!

Well hey now! Guess who just grabbed a set of these? With program f15 shafts?

The answer is pretty obvious ;)

You have a problem...and it is awesome! Looking forward to hearing feedback.

Well let's be honest, this was only a matter of time. :p

Well done bro!!

I think that most of us are quite frankly shocked it took so long. :D

Congratulations on the purchase, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Saw those on the bay, nice buy

I think that most of us are quite frankly shocked it took so long. :D

Congratulations on the purchase, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Completely. When I was pondering these back in the winter, I was shocked he didn't jump and board then with all our back and forth!

Completely. When I was pondering these back in the winter, I was shocked he didn't jump and board then with all our back and forth!

Took a lot of self control buddy. You have no idea

I will buy these from you if and when you are done with them...........put me 1st in line with the offer!

Looking forward to your thoughts. Both you and Tim with the low down is EPIC for this thread!

I will buy these from you if and when you are done with them...........put me 1st in line with the offer!

Looking forward to your thoughts. Both you and Tim with the low down is EPIC for this thread!
It might be a while. You know I don't change clubs often lol

Srixon Z 945 Review

I truly believe there is a market for these. Can't wait to get out there again for more updates!

Kang...you are a wild man!! :alien:

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these. And, at least hold on to them until Disney so I can swing them once!
I can't promise I'll bring these. It's like a lottery what set of clubs I'll bring. Only locks are mxm 2ball putter, xr 4w and wedges

Back