Srixon Z-STAR DIAMOND Golf Balls

As a longtime XV fan, I'm listening 🔥
It really is an interesting ball. Going back to the XV towards the end the sound differences really jumped out. Waaay different off my M Craft. And it had that crisp but slippier feeling off some wedges in the cold. When I take into account what I've seen with the diamond for me through a good amount of holes now (long, seems pretty fast, isn't overspinning in the long irons and costing me anything, spins well on short but it's penetrating enough to get through tough conditions, feels good off the putter, etc) it took just a couple holes playing the XV for me be saying 'nope. don't ilke it as well.' Your results might vary and I didn't play the XV like you have because it wasn't my jam in a couple small ways, but I like the diamond better. Still feels duller to me in some situations. A bit dead, but I think people will call that softer. And it definitely sounds and feels a little softer off driver and putter.

Played this some again today. And then played the XV right after.

Conclusion: They need to make a Diamond Divide!

I definitely prefer it over the XV.
This is what I like to hear!

These aren't available for us here in the UK until nearly mid-March so I will have to wait if I want to try these

These aren't available for us here in the UK until nearly mid-March so I will have to wait if I want to try these

Was hoping some guys from the US can maybe help us out and ship some across before then. I have been told they won't be hitting shelves until 5th April at the earliest. I am willing to provide a FedEx account for shipping and can provide PayPal payment

Was hoping some guys from the US can maybe help us out and ship some across before then. I have been told they won't be hitting shelves until 5th April at the earliest. I am willing to provide a FedEx account for shipping and can provide PayPal payment
I have looked at stuff from the US before, but by the time shipping etc gets factored in, it isn't worth it to me so I will just wait until they hit the shelf over here

I got to get out today and try a couple of new to me balls. I usually play the regular Zstar. I know it gives a up a bit of pop to the XV, but I just love the feel of it, and take that trade off. I had a pair of Snell MTB-X balls that I played until I lost them, and while a fine ball, this thread is about something else. After losing my last MTB-X, I pulled a sleeve of Diamonds to try. I've been looking forward to trying these, but there hasn't really been a good weather day until today to try them. I did get out Tuesday, but it was so windy, I didn't think it would be fair to try them out for the first time in abnormal conditions. Today was pretty much Chamber of Commerce weather. I have no numbers or data to back up anything, so it's all worth what you're paying for it. I like the ball! Feels a little firmer on all shots than my Z -Star, but not as harsh as the XV. I can't tell you exactly if it's longer than the Z-Star, but the extra firmness sure makes it feel like it's got more horsepower. That's fully subjective, though. It definitely spun well enough for me on wedges, one zipping back about five feet after a neatly picked hundred yard bunker shot. A full 7 iron into two different par threes stopped just inches from it's pitchmark, which isn't something I'm accustomed to with my Z-Star. They generally roll out a few feet. I did reach a long par 5 with a 5 iron second shot, that stopped after only about 4 feet of roll, which made me happy. The long putt I missed for eagle felt almost as buttery as my regular Z-Star. If those aren't just freak anomalies, and something I could come to expect with that particular ball, it's certainly going to become my ball going forward. I definitely enjoyed hitting the ball, and didn't find anything offputting about it. I'd like to put the three brothers together on a monitor with my swing and see what story that tells, but until then, I'm going to just enjoy playing the diamonds.

I picked up a box of Diamonds. I played the ball today for my round. I am extremely impressed. It definitely feels better to me off of the club face than the Z Star XV. It does everything well. I had a couple of chips on winter greens that took that one hop and spin to a stop action that is fun to see. I got up and down 5 out of 8 times, which is pretty good for me on winter greens. I also liked the ball flight very much.

I did notice the cover showing quite a few more groove marks than I usually do. Has anybody noticed durability issues? If this ball were offered in Divide or yellow, I am pretty sure it would be my ball for the year. It still might be, but I have more testing to do.

I picked up a box of Diamonds. I played the ball today for my round. I am extremely impressed. It definitely feels better to me off of the club face than the Z Star XV. It does everything well. I had a couple of chips on winter greens that took that one hop and spin to a stop action that is fun to see. I got up and down 5 out of 8 times, which is pretty good for me on winter greens. I also liked the ball flight very much.

I did notice the cover showing quite a few more groove marks than I usually do. Has anybody noticed durability issues? If this ball were offered in Divide or yellow, I am pretty sure it would be my ball for the year. It still might be, but I have more testing to do.
That's an awesome first outing!

I haven't had any show groove marks. I've had a couple kind of dirty up. Discolor from an impact maybe, but not really scuff. I'm withholding judgment on durability for now.

I was testing some new wedges yesterday with these and noticed some shearing. Not sure if it’s from the club though, which can often be the case. During the filming of our comparison video not too much damage at all.

Get them while you can find them, I was trying to order some for one of my HS kids yesterday and was told the timeline is now in May/June.

Get them while you can find them, I was trying to order some for one of my HS kids yesterday and was told the timeline is now in May/June.

I noticed this over the weekend while trying to order balls... I ordered ZStar XV Divides straight from Srixon, but Diamonds and ZStar Divides are out of stock. Had to get the latter two from Budget Golf.

I noticed this over the weekend while trying to order balls... I ordered ZStar XV Divides straight from Srixon, but Diamonds and ZStar Divides are out of stock. Had to get the latter two from Budget Golf.
Yup, Z Divides are into May/June as well. Ugh.

Changing my mood to Ball Hoarder :ROFLMAO:

Wow lots of stock here locally.
What's on the shelves, is what's on the shelves. Since I use the team program we have to order direct, and the date keeps getting further back by the day. Its wild, but a good thing for Srixon based on demand I think

What's on the shelves, is what's on the shelves. Since I use the team program we have to order direct, and the date keeps getting further back by the day. Its wild, but a good thing for Srixon based on demand I think
Were you considering these for your team this year?

Were you considering these for your team this year?
Yeah, my 1 and 2 would fit well into the Diamond, but, they will get by until their summer season starts and then I can switch them over.

Switched to this towards the end of the round and there is just something about Srixon balls off the tee for me. Maybe moreso than the CSX LS. This thing is sneaky long, even in the wind. That part of the course is real exposed, and it flies into it well and doesn't seem to turn much into a cross. I still don't love the feel off some of the shorter stuff, but it flies and spins well and I continue to just get nothing but great results with it. It's a little frustrating. Lol

Last edited:
Switched to this towards the end of the round and there is just something about Srixon balls off the tee for me. Maybe moreso than the CSX LS. This thing is sneaky long, even in the wind. That part of the course is take exposed, and it fliess into it well and doesn't seem to turn much into a cross. I still don't love the feel off some of the shorter stuff, but it flies and spins well and I continue to just get nothing but great results with it. It's a little frustrating. Lol

I played six more holes today with this ball.. I am slowly thinking it may be the one… spins maybe a little much but I can club down no biggie..

I played six more holes today with this ball.. I am slowly thinking it may be the one… spins maybe a little much but I can club down no biggie..
I knowww, right. Lol I had one that bugged me, but it's basically because I just didn't have it planned. I could plan for it. And it seems to do pretty darn well in the wind which is a little baffling to me. Seems like the known can be pretty darn consistent. Like opposite of how I feel about the B X. This ball is going to be the death of me. I really want to not like it. 😆

I knowww, right. Lol I had one that bugged me, but it's basically because I just didn't have it planned. I could plan for it. And it seems to do pretty darn well in the wind which is a little baffling to me. Seems like the known can be pretty darn consistent. Like opposite of how I feel about the B X. This ball is going to be the death of me. I really want to not like it. 😆

Off the driver it is perfect. Green side and wedge play are very good. Flight is perfect, spin is maybe a smidge high. It’s very liveable.. but. Testing to do and decisions to make.

I used this ball tonight on TrackMan testing out a couple of drivers and the new Rogue ST Pro irons. I really think that this ball would appeal to a very large segment of golfers. It seems to do a lot of things very well and feels softer than the Z Star XV.

20220211_014146.jpg

Put this in the cores thread h but going to put it here too in case anyone is curious and so I can find it later.

Back