Srixon Z85 Fairway Wood Review

I have this in the 75g 6.5 HZRDUS Red.. the ball explodes off the face and its a very very muted sound.*When I tested head to head with my Rogue SZ both in 15 degree, the Srixon had faster ball speed on avg by 3mph. The SZ was very slightly lower spinning but I credit that to my HZRDUS Black shaft vs the Red. Surprisingly the Red shaft does not launch it very high at all in my opinion and the spin was still very low. To my eye the Srixon sits neutral, maybe even slightly closed, where as the SubZero had a fade bias. Overall the Srixon for me was much more accurate and easier to control and consistently about 5yds further then the rogue SZ

Love reading this. Particularly because I ordered that exact setup yesterday!

7D374CDD-6997-4968-BFEC-F9D54711C5AB.jpegI have a 3/15* head on the way. Have a Veylix Alpina 673 waiting to go in. Will post pictures of the club/head when it arrives.

I really like hearing that people are seeing some ballspeed increases. I might have to order one at some point. At only $350 with a tensei pro blue this could be a fun club.

I really like hearing that people are seeing some ballspeed increases. I might have to order one at some point. At only $350 with a tensei pro blue this could be a fun club.

It’s why I jumped. I’m always out for more ball speed.

let me know how you like it.. I'm sold on Srixon woods. both the driver and 3w gave me increases in ball speed. They really just feel great in your hand

Great reviews on this so far, I generally hit my 3W off the tee rather than off the deck so it’s a key club to get right for me.

Similar to what SoIL did I’ll compare to my Epic/V2 combo this week and provide that information here, as my intitial thoughts are in the ATTAS thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like my F85 ships today, me requesting a different shaft in my order weight wise delayed it a touch, but it’ll arrive about the time I’m wrapping up some reviews which will be perfect.

7f0e6683ca3a81d88802275c474771d8.jpg

Drove the green here on a short par 4. Tried to walk 9 but only got 7 in. Hit the Srixon three times and each time was lovely. Rockets off the face, the ATTAS 8X smooth as can be. On the green in one, and 53 and 26 yds left respectively on the other two holes.

Loving this club!!!!

Played around with the 3 wood today. I liked the look and ballspeed. Launch however, was leaving a bit to be desired. I was hitting indoors so that could of played a role.

I finally got the F85 3W out at my home course yesterday and I was seriously impressed, especially in the wet 50* conditions I played in. Distance and dispersion were great, the sound and feel might be the best I’ve ever experienced in a FW, the sound was commented on several times from my playing partners yesterday. I only had one real miss yesterday and it was just a garbage swing, everything else with just marginally decent contact produced good results.

I was previously playing the Rogue 3W and really did like it a lot, it’s been my favorite FW for quite some time and I thought it was a complete lock to stay in the bag for the ‘19 golf season. The F85 is gonna make it really work for that spot now though. I think the ball speeds are gonna be amazingly close, but there’s a couple things about the F85 I already like better. The F85 has a more upright lie angle, which being over 6’ tall is nice. Also it sits more square to me, it may look closed to some, where the Rogue looks like it sits a little open to me and from time to time I would lose shots out to the right a little more than I would like.

However it shakes it this is an important spot in the bag for me and it’s gone be a pretty fun bag battle over the next few months!

I think mine will finally ship this week, pretty excited to try it out.

I finally got the F85 3W out at my home course yesterday and I was seriously impressed, especially in the wet 50* conditions I played in. Distance and dispersion were great, the sound and feel might be the best I’ve ever experienced in a FW, the sound was commented on several times from my playing partners yesterday. I only had one real miss yesterday and it was just a garbage swing, everything else with just marginally decent contact produced good results.

I was previously playing the Rogue 3W and really did like it a lot, it’s been my favorite FW for quite some time and I thought it was a complete lock to stay in the bag for the ‘19 golf season. The F85 is gonna make it really work for that spot now though. I think the ball speeds are gonna be amazingly close, but there’s a couple things about the F85 I already like better. The F85 has a more upright lie angle, which being over 6’ tall is nice. Also it sits more square to me, it may look closed to some, where the Rogue looks like it sits a little open to me and from time to time I would lose shots out to the right a little more than I would like.

However it shakes it this is an important spot in the bag for me and it’s gone be a pretty fun bag battle over the next few months!

I played the Rogue Sub Zero all summer and absolutely loved it!!! Hit the f85 vs the rogue sz in the simulator and saw 2mph increase in ball speed and on average 5 yards carry. Totally right on the upright lie and face angle. My misses with the Sub Zero were nasty slices. With the f85 my misses have actually been big draws, but very easy to keep this club straight. I just wish it wasn't the end of the season here in Chicago cuz I love that f85, even over the Rogue

I played the Rogue Sub Zero all summer and absolutely loved it!!! Hit the f85 vs the rogue sz in the simulator and saw 2mph increase in ball speed and on average 5 yards carry. Totally right on the upright lie and face angle. My misses with the Sub Zero were nasty slices. With the f85 my misses have actually been big draws, but very easy to keep this club straight. I just wish it wasn't the end of the season here in Chicago cuz I love that f85, even over the Rogue

thats a nice little pickup.

That’s a nice gain in ballspeed! I suspected I might have picked some up, I had it out in much cooler conditions than I had been playing with the Rogue and I was still getting the same distance or longer on some shots. I just haven’t had time to confirm the difference in ballspeed and distance yet. Glad to hear others are having some success with this club too, I really didn’t see anything kicking the Rogue out of the bag.

Got the 3W out again today and it continued to impress, it is firmly in the bag! I also let a friend hit it a few times, he’s a scratch golfer who can pound the golf ball, and he loves it! Baby draws that we’re LONG! He said it might be the longest fairway wood he’s hit and he also lived the sound and feel of it. I believe he might be in the market for one before next season.

Have to say, waiting for this one has been trying. Its my fault for going with the 75 HZRDUS Red HC instead of stock and just swapping it out, but at no upcharge I couldn't help it. Cool news is that from what I have been told these have done really well for the company which makes me smile.

Ready to put the F85 to work, and I honestly think its going to make the bag.

Have to say, waiting for this one has been trying. Its my fault for going with the 75 HZRDUS Red HC instead of stock and just swapping it out, but at no upcharge I couldn't help it. Cool news is that from what I have been told these have done really well for the company which makes me smile.

Even compared to your TE CBX?? When I bought my F85 I hit it against the CBX. The CBX had higher ball speed but I hit some bad slices with it. The F85 was much more accurate for me and farther than my Rogue Sub Zero at the time.
I've played the HC Red in my F85 as well and its amazing!!! I wanted to try an experiment so I actually just put my Graphite Design Tour AD BB in the F85 yesterday so I'm hoping to hit the range this week to get some numbers.

Even compared to your TE CBX?? When I bought my F85 I hit it against the CBX. The CBX had higher ball speed but I hit some bad slices with it. The F85 was much more accurate for me and farther than my Rogue Sub Zero at the time.
I've played the HC Red in my F85 as well and its amazing!!! I wanted to try an experiment so I actually just put my Graphite Design Tour AD BB in the F85 yesterday so I'm hoping to hit the range this week to get some numbers.

Won't know until I hit it, but based off of @ddec review on the F85 and other feedback out there, I believe it will compete in ball speed. We shall see!

I will say, based on all I have seen the CBX is definitely more neutral-to-open faced, so the right miss you got isn't all that surprising IMO.

Have a question. I acquired a 3W head and it seems quite heavy to me. Quite a bit heavier than my Epic head feels.
11e92d7983392f9cd846afffdb22ab29.jpg

Have a question. I acquired a 3W head and it seems quite heavy to me. Quite a bit heavier than my Epic head feels.
11e92d7983392f9cd846afffdb22ab29.jpg

Most 3W I have weighed end up in that 210-220 range give or take a bit.

Handcrafted Hzrdus red is an option? I thought it was just yellow and black and EF blue HC?

Handcrafted Hzrdus red is an option? I thought it was just yellow and black and EF blue HC?

Yep, it is a no upcharge option. :)

Yep, it is a no upcharge option. :)

Yeah that’s a game changer. Might have to see what my local GM has in stock later today.

Back