Srixon Z85 Fairway Wood Review

Yeah that’s a game changer. Might have to see what my local GM has in stock later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I had to order it that way (and its why I'm still waiting for them to get new stock of HC Red 75's in), but it was indeed no upcharge!

Most 3W I have weighed end up in that 210-220 range give or take a bit.

Appreciate the reply, thanks. Should be fun on a UST ProForce V2 HL.

To be fair, I had to order it that way (and its why I'm still waiting for them to get new stock of HC Red 75's in), but it was indeed no upcharge!

I figured that’s why it wasn’t listed in the pulldown on the website. Appreciate that they have all ranges of preferred flight in the PX offerings of shaft.

Got my club back from Golf USA turned out great.
efabff21b5d121e4e7e51d0b50fcb6e6.jpg

423101a401df94102f7f460efdc06f09.jpg

Will be in play today.

So was able to get off work early and get out for a round this afternoon. I have to say this club impressed me for sure.
Looks: I like the red and silver combo on the bottom of the club, the crown at address looks great. It sits nicely at address and the little alignment line on top is nice.
Feel: I wasn't sure at first because this club head felt heavy to me with out a shaft in it. I put the ProForce V2 HL 5F3 in it with a GP New Dec grip.
Then it felt really good, you can feel the weight in the head and know where it is in the swing, but it feels very balanced to me. The thing that I did like was that if you where in just a bit of the rough, it felt like you didn't have to worry about any issue of getting down to and thru the ball. Compared to my Epic 3W the Srixon wins by a long shot in this shot.
Sound: Hard to describe for me, not loud clicky but also not muted. You know you hit it, but just a soft sound to me.

Two shots stood out today on the first outing,
1. 223y into a 12mph wind and it ended up at 217 this was shot from the light rough.
2. 238y tee shot, (long 3w for me even off a tee) but it was a rope that just climbed and rolled over and never left its line.

Overall I really like the initial outing with the club and it will be in play Friday and hopefully Saturday.

So was able to get off work early and get out for a round this afternoon. I have to say this club impressed me for sure.
Looks: I like the red and silver combo on the bottom of the club, the crown at address looks great. It sits nicely at address and the little alignment line on top is nice.
Feel: I wasn't sure at first because this club head felt heavy to me with out a shaft in it. I put the ProForce V2 HL 5F3 in it with a GP New Dec grip.
Then it felt really good, you can feel the weight in the head and know where it is in the swing, but it feels very balanced to me. The thing that I did like was that if you where in just a bit of the rough, it felt like you didn't have to worry about any issue of getting down to and thru the ball. Compared to my Epic 3W the Srixon wins by a long shot in this shot.
Sound: Hard to describe for me, not loud clicky but also not muted. You know you hit it, but just a soft sound to me.

Two shots stood out today on the first outing,
1. 223y into a 12mph wind and it ended up at 217 this was shot from the light rough.
2. 238y tee shot, (long 3w for me even off a tee) but it was a rope that just climbed and rolled over and never left its line.

Overall I really like the initial outing with the club and it will be in play Friday and hopefully Saturday.

Glad to see other people are as impressed with this club as I am. This 3w kicked my Rogue SZ out of the bag immediately. The F85 for me was better in every aspect compared to the Rogue. If more people actually give this club a chance they'll be very surprised.

Shot of the round today was with this 3W today. It was just under 50* and the golf balls weren’t exactly jumping off today, but on a par 5 I had 233 in without much trouble. I didn’t really think I had a chance of reaching but swung away anyway, never saw the ball until it came down just clear of the bunker in the front of the green. Rolled up to pin high 6’ left of the cup, made the eagle putt!

This is quickly becoming my favorite FW ever, that’s 2 green I’ve hit with it from 225+ yards off the deck in the handful of rounds I’ve had it in play already.

I got out again today on a course where this club got used a lot both from the fairway and tee. The performance is great. The thing I have noticed is this is a point and shoot club for me as long as I am lined up correctly it holds the line. It launches easily from the fairway. Definitely longer than my Epic 3W was.
I will be on a course tomorrow that this club will be use a lot again, and should let me get to a couple of the par 5's in two.

3rd round with this 3W and I have to say I am loving this club!!!!
This club with the ProForce shaft gets up quick and just wants to go and go straight. Used it off the tee on a hole that requires a layup, when we drove up I was sitting just on the edge of the fairway about 2 feet from going thru but it left me perfect distance from the green.
The other tee shot was on a tight fairway with water down the right side, drilled it straight down the middle.
After todays round, I would consider using this off the tee on almost every hole but par 5's just because of how straight I can hit it. Plenty of distance.
I need to purchase a 5W also. It will be in the bag.

Snickerdog you are really selling this club to me. This just seems like a fun club.

Snickerdog you are really selling this club to me. This just seems like a fun club.

I am a fan of 3W's, but this is one that has me hooked in just a few rounds. It just launches the ball so easily, but doesn't balloon, it just gets up and goes. I hit a small fade today that moved about 10 yards and ended up perfect.
I caught one a bit fat and it didn't lose as much distance as I thought it should have. I think the extra heft of the head helps in that respect.

You should really try one, I liked my Epic fairways, but I really feel these are much better.

Reeeeeeeally hoping this week is ship week for this one. I’m eager to get it out on the course and the GC2

It's good enough I went and picked up the 5W today. Has the stock Project X 5.5 in it right now, but will probably pick up another ProForce shaft for it.

Got out for a quick 9 today. After I hit my shot for score I dropped a couple balls at 200 yards. I was hitting into a 10mph wind and it was cold, 42°. The 5W worked great!!!! I put 3 balls green side (about 3 yards right) one was 3 yards short of green, another was about 1 yard short of pin, and the other was the same distance about 1 yard short of pin. I was right on all of them but that was an alignment issue.
I was happy with the distance against the wind and the ball flight was great. Should be great on a normal 80° day.
I am going to leave the stock Project X shaft in for now, it seems to work okay and will give it an few rounds.

I think mine is FINALLY going to ship this week. Seems like I have been waiting foreeeeeeeeeeeever for the shaft to come in. I'm ready to give it the crack at the 2019 bag.

I think mine is FINALLY going to ship this week. Seems like I have been waiting foreeeeeeeeeeeever for the shaft to come in. I'm ready to give it the crack at the 2019 bag.

Hopefully if yours ships so does mine. I went with the Red 75 also.

You've been waiting for this one for quite a while.

Hopefully if yours ships so does mine. I went with the Red 75 also.

Here's to hoping. I've almost asked for them to just change it to whatever shaft they have a few times, I'll likely change it anyway, haha

You've been waiting for this one for quite a while.

Indeed. Been patient here, so hopefully its worth it. @Ddec and his review have me excited to try it out.

First round out with the 5W and it is every bit as good as the 3W!!
205 to pin, uphill a bit and into 5mph wind, this ball launched and just kept climbing with just a bit of fade. I ended up pin high and 12 feet left.
I have never had good luck with Project X shafts, but the stock shaft in the 5W is great for me.
I really wish Srixon made a 7 wood in this line.

Last edited:
Really needing this one to ship. Hitting up on that point of just cancelling the order. Ugh.

Really needing this one to ship. Hitting up on that point of just cancelling the order. Ugh.

I’m in the same boat. I still want it but I’m over my initial excitement. If it doesn’t ship this week I’m going to cancel mine. Too much other stuff the $ could go towards.

The 3 and 5 woods where just money again today. I am just so please with the performance of the fairways. There is enough forgiveness to help, but if you put a bad swing on it, you will get a bad result.
Shot of the day was the 5W again, 214 to pin and made for a birdie putt of 6 feet. The 5W launches so easy and just climbs.

FINALLY!!!!

This one showed up today, didn't get a shipping note so it was a surprise. Straight to the course it goes, HZRDUS Red 75 6.5 HC and all.

FINALLY!!!!

This one showed up today, didn't get a shipping note so it was a surprise. Straight to the course it goes, HZRDUS Red 75 6.5 HC and all.

About freaking time.

FINALLY!!!!

You will fall in love with this thing, just take what ever it is out of the bag now and insert this in its place!!!!

Back