Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I was really hoping you'd get to go play yours today. ☹ Weather is kind of tough for a lot of people right now.
Thinking I'm going to have to take Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon off, looks to be the only two playable days for the next 10 days to 2 weeks. Cold spell coming in. :mad:

it's sunny here but i only have my trusty 565's...what to do?

Thinking I'm going to have to take Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon off, looks to be the only two playable days for the next 10 days to 2 weeks. Cold spell coming in. :mad:
I’m looking at Wednesday. Looks rough after that.

Take your gorgeous weather and green grass and non ZX clubs and go...

make some birdies and take some pictures for the rest of us.

I'm going to submit a picture of the shaft change for approval when I get home. In my head it looks phenomenal.

Nothing like your new Zx’s coming in and it’s 28* outside... what to do. Yup go hit them. I got the chance to hit them side by side with my z785’s and 585 combo set and I must say the ZX7s feel even better the 785s. I also made a shaft switch (went from Modus 120x to S400 in the ZXs, and def makes it easier for me to control flight) . The ZX5 are also an improvement over the z585. I always felt the 585s could feel funny if you catch it a groove high on the face, it seems the ZX5 feels much more solid across the face.

I will have to travel a considerable distance to see these in person. Mostly interested in the ZX5/Utility combo range. How do these feel compared to JOX Forged? (I’m looking for a more power type iron and also a players set [will be King Tours]

I have not forgotten about my Srixon brethren. My club order is still in process, which I presume was the result of my shaft choice since other configurations seem to be shipping. But that’s ok, I don’t mind waiting a bit to get exactly what I want.

if theres such thing as love at first swing, the zx7's are it. I was testing out drivers and utilities this weekend and Golf Galaxy surprisingly had an entire demo set of zx7's. After I was loose I hit the zx7 7i and saw numbers I normally see from my 6i... the ball speeds from these are seriously impressive and can easily compete with something like a Forged Tec or P790. I couldn't wrap my head around this players iron had such impressive speeds while keeping a lower flight and respectable spin

somehow I gotta find a way to get these in the bag. I just had my Z-Forged irons refinished but that looks like a mistake now after hitting these

I have not forgotten about my Srixon brethren. My club order is still in process, which I presume was the result of my shaft choice since other configurations seem to be shipping. But that’s ok, I don’t mind waiting a bit to get exactly what I want.

I am seriously excited for you to put these in play. Can't wait to hear all about it!

[/QUOTES
Same here...ordered on Dec 19th and still awaiting shipment. Combo set w/recoil 95's. Wanted the lie adjusted 1 flat but other than that, no real custom changes. Kind of curious as to the delay.?.?

I saw them for the first time in person yesterday and I don’t think I’ll be able to resist replacing my Z765/565 set that I got back in September of 2016 when they were released. I normally keep irons longer than that but the new and shiny is fun!:p

I really just need the 5-GW and through my club the 7 iron set would only be about $900 plus tax, a small price for such pretty clubs.

I saw them for the first time in person yesterday and I don’t think I’ll be able to resist replacing my Z765/565 set that I got back in September of 2016 when they were released. I normally keep irons longer than that but the new and shiny is fun!:p

I really just need the 5-GW and through my club the 7 iron set would only be about $900 plus tax, a small price for such pretty clubs.
Going on 5 years is plenty long enough to feel responsible about it. And they are shiny. SOFT though. In your bag they won't stay pristine for long if I'm remembering it right. Seriously good out in the turf though. I had no thoughts of playing mine today, until I saw the thread bumped. Now I'm a little twitchy about it. Lol

Going on 5 years is plenty long enough to feel responsible about it. And they are shiny. SOFT though. In your bag they won't stay pristine for long if I'm remembering it right. Seriously good out in the turf though. I had no thoughts of playing mine today, until I saw the thread bumped. Now I'm a little twitchy about it. Lol

I won't baby them or do anything crazy like put iron covers on them, that's for sure. :)

The winds finally died down here so I had a chance to take the new ZX5s out for an extended range session today. They were absolutely fantastic. They are solid at impact with a high trajectory that doesn't float. They were throwing absolute darts.

A very small part of me wondered about a combo set. I didn't' get a chance to hit the ZX7s at a grass range, so it may be better that I just don't know.

These are replacing my 565s. I'd bought them at the end the cycle in January 2019, so I really didn't need new irons. I tend to keep irons for 4 years. But I made an exception because these looked so damn good.

Got the ZX7's out today for a round. 11/18 GIR so was a good day for me. This is 4 above my average of 7 and I think this will continue to rise.
Nice medium high shots that would stay on line. I did have one that I pulled today but that was more of an alignment issue.
One thing that stood out today was being able to flight a ball down a bit when needed. I had 2 times that I needed to do this to execute a shot. Not something I do regularly but nice knowing I can do it with these irons.
Feel is amazing with these irons. Playing a chrome soft ball there where times I barely felt the ball leave the face. I did play a new ProV1X today and it felt good also, but had a touch of click to it.
Seeing plenty of spin and holding greens well. 160 down wind today with a 6 iron, ball landed on the flat and was only 4 feet from the ball mark. That is more than acceptable to me.

Got the ZX7's out today for a round. 11/18 GIR so was a good day for me. This is 4 above my average of 7 and I think this will continue to rise.
Nice medium high shots that would stay on line. I did have one that I pulled today but that was more of an alignment issue.
One thing that stood out today was being able to flight a ball down a bit when needed. I had 2 times that I needed to do this to execute a shot. Not something I do regularly but nice knowing I can do it with these irons.
Feel is amazing with these irons. Playing a chrome soft ball there where times I barely felt the ball leave the face. I did play a new ProV1X today and it felt good also, but had a touch of click to it.
Seeing plenty of spin and holding greens well. 160 down wind today with a 6 iron, ball landed on the flat and was only 4 feet from the ball mark. That is more than acceptable to me.

Nice round. Sounds like the ZX7's are a great fit for you. I talked to the fitter today and mentioned my interest. He sounded excited. I can't wait to hit these tomorrow.

I played nine today in very wet conditions. ZX5’s were on point, they launch so easily. I can’t get over the difference, I am 15 grams lighter as well in the shaft. I had to hit the 6 & 7 a lot today because of the sogginess and I hit 6/9 greens.

As a 4-iron replacement for a ZX5/7 combo set, would you guys go for a ZX Utility (23 deg) or a ZX4 4-iron? Which would be easier to hit both off the deck and off the tee?

As a 4-iron replacement for a ZX5/7 combo set, would you guys go for a ZX Utility (23 deg) or a ZX4 4-iron? Which would be easier to hit both off the deck and off the tee?
Haven't had a chance to hit a the ZX4 so can't say how it might be. I like Srixon utiltiy irons though and they launch easy.
Could you also slot a hybrid in that spot or do you not like a hybrid?

ZX7 will be my next iron set. No question, these are the ones. I will likely go 4-AW. Shaft will take some thinking. The best fit LAGP shaft from my fitting is a lot of $. Maybe mmt 105?

Hands down the best irons I have ever hit. Feel, flight, spin, appearance. They are brilliant.

Back