Still Can't Beleive It!

Maddog701

Reaction score
Handicap
14.2 ghin
It is still hard to believe that I will be representing THP in the 2016 Granddaddy!!! It has been 5 days and I am still excited as the first day I found out! The support here at THP has been fantastic, thanks to all that have reached out to congratulated me and offered their support. Also thanks to the past Granddaddyins that have offered their advice, I know I will be reaching out to them in the future.

I will be working my tail off this summer. I know the ZOOCrew wants to keep the belt. I am going to do everything in my power to help THP bring it home this year!!!! Having Captain Canadan leads us, I am extermly confident a team not from THP is in for a good a$$ kicking !!!!!

One benefit I have this summer, I will be getting a good taste of friendly competition to help prepare for the Granddaddy. It will be against other THPer's in the NY/NJ vs NE Regional Rivalry. I am looking forward to experiencing a little gamesmanship a little pressure and good time at the RR to help prep for the Granddaddy.

I am starting today, I am taking Six4three5's advice and I will be going to a local County Club and will be trying out their selection of Odyssey putters. I will want to have the feel of a new putter, it has been since 1972 since I have had to break in a new putter! I am a Callaway guy now, razor x irons and Xhot woods. I have the feel of great quality irons and woods already.

Looking forward to following along with your adventure.

I think it's really smart to give a new flatstick a try now, especially an Odyssey. It wouldn't surprise me if that's one of the big advantages the ZooCrew has year after year, is that the THP teams are coming in with brand new (amazing yet unfamiliar) putters.

I'm soooo happy for you! You're in for a trip of a lifetime, trust me! Some how, every year, they make it better than the last! Practice, practice, practice! Work on your short game more than normal, too. These green are quick, but they have some birdies to give, too. NO need making some swing changes, just dial in the swing you have and bring that confidence way up! You've got a SOLID 7 months, no need to burn yourself out. You just need to peak at the end of November. Were behind you and the rest of the team 10000%. Most importantly, have fun with this entire ride!

You'll have a heck of a time getting ready for this event and even more fun once it starts.

Strongly recommend you break in a new putter sooner than later. You don't have to get brand new, but even a couple seasons old would do wonders for you. I'm sure if you threw out a WTB for an odyssey putter once you found something you liked, you'd get a heck of a deal on one as well.

It is still hard to believe that I will be representing THP in the 2016 Granddaddy!!! It has been 5 days and I am still excited as the first day I found out! The support here at THP has been fantastic, thanks to all that have reached out to congratulated me and offered their support. Also thanks to the past Granddaddyins that have offered their advice, I know I will be reaching out to them in the future.

I will be working my tail off this summer. I know the ZOOCrew wants to keep the belt. I am going to do everything in my power to help THP bring it home this year!!!! Having Captain Canadan leads us, I am extermly confident a team not from THP is in for a good a$$ kicking !!!!!

One benefit I have this summer, I will be getting a good taste of friendly competition to help prepare for the Granddaddy. It will be against other THPer's in the NY/NJ vs NE Regional Rivalry. I am looking forward to experiencing a little gamesmanship a little pressure and good time at the RR to help prep for the Granddaddy.

I am starting today, I am taking Six4three5's advice and I will be going to a local County Club and will be trying out their selection of Odyssey putters. I will want to have the feel of a new putter, it has been since 1972 since I have had to break in a new putter! I am a Callaway guy now, razor x irons and Xhot woods. I have the feel of great quality irons and woods already.

So freaking happy for you man!
This is an awesome event, and I am glad you get to take it all in!

You are not helping my jealousy level!!!! Soak it in for the whole year! I know I would. I hope you have the best time of your life!!!

I am going to miss that putter buddy! Congrats again!

Beyond happy and excited for you. It's going to be fun following your journey and hopefully I get some rounds in with you this year when I'm back home.

Awesome to see you get into the Grandaddy, Team THP gained a great golfer.

I can't wait to see your reaction after the event. Based on what previous participants have had to say I reckon you are going to have a bit of a special time....

Good luck with the journey to December

Once again Maddog, this is so fantastic. I have no doubt you will prep like hell for it, and having the likes of Jimmynumbers at your side the whole way can only help, plus all the experience youu'll get from the RR and other events you make it to throughout the year will pay huge dividends along the way. I can't imagine what the anticipation of almost 8 months will be like.

Congrats, again, Maddog, and I hope you really enjoy the ride!

Congrats again!
If I remember right, some folks mentioned getting some putting practice on fast greens. I think that along w a new/different putter is really smart practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats again man, I can't wait to read about your journey to the Grand Daddy

Going to love following your life changing journey as you prepare for #TheGrandaddy !!! You will be ready for December I guarantee it as Jimmy is going to prepare you for it.

Believe me when I say this. The excitement will not wear off no matter how far away the grandaddy is and it won't ever really sink in what you will go through in Cali. I'm so pumped for you!

Congratulations again on being selected. Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

Congrats Maddog! You're a fine addition to the fraternity that is #thegrandaddy

I cannot even imagine how many messages you have received! Really looking forward to following your progress!

Live it up! Enjoy it for all it's worth. :)

Congrats again Maddog! Can't wait to see you bring it in December.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

You are an asset to the THP Community and you will represent all of us well. Good luck in your journey.

Get used to the feeling! You will have your jaw hit the floor on many occasions; before, during and after the event!

Enjoy the ride, play hard and definitely get your hands on some Callaway putters, it can only help. Can't wait to follow along and see the rest of your team assembled in the coming months. Congrats Maddog!

Back