Stitch Golf SL2 Air Walker Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
In mid-November, we got our first look at Stitch Golf’s new, ultra-lightweight carry bag, the SL2 Air Walker. In case you didn’t know, SL stands for “superleggera”, which is Italian for superlight. The Air Walker joins an already robust line of bag offerings from Stitch but manages to carve out its own unique space with features that marry minimalism and comfort. This bag is unapologetically geared towards walking and carrying. We recently spent time with the SL2 Air Walker on our back and found plenty to love.

Continue reading...

Seems like really good storage for a bag this light weight.
That 4 way top is darn near perfect by the looks of it.

I like it and the quality of stitch gear seems unmatched.

I think it’s smart to provide good storage but at the same time limit it since it’s supposed to be a carry /walking bag.

Really good write up, thanks for sharing.

• Staff
I like it and the quality of stitch gear seems unmatched.

I think it’s smart to provide good storage but at the same time limit it since it’s supposed to be a carry /walking bag.

Really good write up, thanks for sharing.

It's funny, because I'm not sure I've ever had a bag like this and it did take a minute to readjust my intentions with it. What I realized is that many of the "carry" bags that we see out there are approaching being light cart bags that have straps and stand mechanisms. When I figured out what the bag was really trying to lead me towards, I was able to make better choices when it came to choosing what to pack into it.

Now, would I take it for a 5 day trip when I was going to be riding in a cart the whole time and needed to bring more with me? Maybe not, but it's certainly not out of the question.

I was checking out the Stitch bags the other night, very nice! I'm definitely in the market for a new bag but I'm committed to waiting until after the new year to see all the new offerings before I make up my mind. With that said, of what's out there right now, this one is my leading contender.

Sounds like a very solid carry bag. Storage is way more than sufficient for me. If I were still able to carry, this bag would certainly be under heavy consideration.

It's funny, because I'm not sure I've ever had a bag like this and it did take a minute to readjust my intentions with it. What I realized is that many of the "carry" bags that we see out there are approaching being light cart bags that have straps and stand mechanisms. When I figured out what the bag was really trying to lead me towards, I was able to make better choices when it came to choosing what to pack into it.

Now, would I take it for a 5 day trip when I was going to be riding in a cart the whole time and needed to bring more with me? Maybe not, but it's certainly not out of the question.
I think that's really the key is the intention of the product. Let's pretend that funds are either not an issue or that you're already looking at something new in the $300 range. If you already have a cart and a stand bag - why wouldn't you add something like this to your bag selection? It seems like a great choice that's (and I'm not going THERE) closer to a Sunday bag than a cart bag - giving you lightweight flexibility while still performing it's function. It's the same reason we have winter books, hiking boots, running shoes, casual shoes etc. They fill in for each other if they have to, as they all serve roughly the same purpose but some are intended for slightly different things.

• Staff
I think that's really the key is the intention of the product. Let's pretend that funds are either not an issue or that you're already looking at something new in the $300 range. If you already have a cart and a stand bag - why wouldn't you add something like this to your bag selection? It seems like a great choice that's (and I'm not going THERE) closer to a Sunday bag than a cart bag - giving you lightweight flexibility while still performing it's function. It's the same reason we have winter books, hiking boots, running shoes, casual shoes etc. They fill in for each other if they have to, as they all serve roughly the same purpose but some are intended for slightly different things.

To me, this 100% would fill every need as far as a stand bag goes for sure. I prefer to carry if I'm walking anyway and most of the time I have a bunch of unused pocket space.

Great write up @Hawk! I’m interested in how this holds up. Ironically, I’ve seen 3 or 4 of the SL2 bags have stitching problems.

Quality seems top notch, and honestly I am a bit surprised at how much storage it has for being a "lightweight" bag. Typically when going for weight savings to storage takes a massive hit, but this seems like it offers enough storage for your needs during a round as well as being light.

Love my SL2 bag, Love everything I own from Stitch. Quality is great across the board. Stitch and Caddy Daddy are my BEST OF for 2023.

I just switched to the SL1 for the winter/walking/travel months and I think after this season will be ready to upgrade to one of these, they look so nice.

Really well written review/article. Thanks. I am not the target market - but Stitch is one of my 2 or 3 favorite shirts and I have looked at their bags frequently. They will get another look when I am looking for another bag.

This one seems to check all the boxes that a dedicated walker would want or need.

Those are nice, I prefer lightweight carry bags.

Have the Onyx version. Wonderful quality, sneaky light, much better pocket access due to the material, plus the two side pockets seem larger. But there are not the two upper small pockets like the SL1.
Three comments, not gripes:
1) No rain hood, stitch rep told me this bag is not water resistant and so they won’t include any cover.
2) no single strap option. Unless you buy the SL2 colorback that comes with both straps.
3) a larger metal towel ring would be nice.

Otherwise - great bag and the 4 way top will accommodate 14 clubs with standard grips.

And - solid review Hawk.

Last edited:
Very well done review. While this is not my preferred style of bag, I can definitely see the appeal. I would even consider buying one just to use as a range bag.

Great write up Hawk. I am going to consider adding one to the mix in the spring.

Great write up Hawk. I am going to consider adding one to the mix in the spring.

I think you'll love it. I know you are counting ounces due to needing something as light as possible. It's an extremely comfortable bag.

If there’s any criticism of the nylon outer shell, it’s that the design is very understated. Aside from the few small adornments, the monochromatic color scheme could even be considered boring to some, but there’s just as many people looking for a clean looking bag that is void of gaudy designs and oversized company logos. The Air Walker’s ornamentations are simple – the classic, orange Stitch label and a small plate intended for your initials.
Good write up @Hawk the part above from your review caught my eye and you nailed how there is a good chunk of us that feel the opposite. I'm a guy that wants my bags to be as minimalist as possible. I don't like big logos and text that make me feel like I'm a walking billboard for a club OEM.

Sometimes it's hard to find bags that fit this bill. If I walked and carried it would be a bag I would check out. Currently, though I'm looking for a bag that will sit well on a Motocaddy. Did you have an opportunity to test it on a push or motorized cart at all?

Good write up @Hawk the part above from your review caught my eye and you nailed how there is a good chunk of us that feel the opposite. I'm a guy that wants my bags to be as minimalist as possible. I don't like big logos and text that make me feel like I'm a walking billboard for a club OEM.

Sometimes it's hard to find bags that fit this bill. If I walked and carried it would be a bag I would check out. Currently, though I'm looking for a bag that will sit well on a Motocaddy. Did you have an opportunity to test it on a push or motorized cart at all?
I have not, but it doesn't lead me to believe it would be any more troublesome than other stand bags. There's a system for locking down the legs and the base is flat. I think one area it might be better than some other is that the body of the bag isn't really "squishy". Sometimes the straps on push carts struggle with that.

That is a sharp looking bag, I really like that color. If I was carrying, this would certainly be high on my list, as always have been a big fan of Stitch. Great write up @Hawk, really enjoy reading your reviews.

Not knocking anyone that likes this bag, but I just don't see anything special about it. Feel pretty much the same about some of the niche golf bag brands like Ghost and Vessel. Esp. considering the prices. Since I don't walk much anymore, I recently bought a GT house brand bag at 50% off, and it's every bit as good as any higher end Sun Mountain or Ogio I ever had.

Great write up @Hawk, good looking bag there. It seems like my SL2 MIY made of lighter material. I agree it has ample storage for any walking golfer.

Great writeup! That is a great looking bag with what seems to be a good amount of storage. Interested to see how this holds up.

Not knocking anyone that likes this bag, but I just don't see anything special about it. Feel pretty much the same about some of the niche golf bag brands like Ghost and Vessel. Esp. considering the prices. Since I don't walk much anymore, I recently bought a GT house brand bag at 50% off, and it's every bit as good as any higher end Sun Mountain or Ogio I ever had.
I'll never disagree outright when it comes to perceived value. We all have our range of acceptable pricing for different types of products. I don't completely agree with your opinion that all (or most) bags are equal, especially when it comes to my experience with durability on things like zippers, stand mechanisms, and dividers. Appreciate you taking the time to read the article!

Back