Stock Market & Retirement Planning

My gut says people that are cutting the cord right now (early adopters) were already subscribers.
A couple of weeks ago, I had this thought on what number to jump out. Would it be the APPL that runs and runs (until recently) or would it be Blackberry, that was first, best and then fizzled.

As long as NFLX doesn't insist on keeping a physical keyboard...

FWIW, neither did Blackberry.

Guess I should've written "initially".

We will see how many people really 'cut the cord' and how big the pie actually is. I think the biggest threat to NFLX is the major content creators agreeing to share a single platform to stream their IP through...a streaming 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' if you were.

This is a big earnings day for the market.

not a good day for AAPL as the slide is about to get bigger. TWTR came up short too.

No surprise here, Chipotle getting hammered

not a good day for AAPL as the slide is about to get bigger. TWTR came up short too.

If it breaks below $92 I see it going to $85. Not a stock for the squeamish. I don't think Apple is done growing but it's tough to recommend owning this stock right now. I don't see a lot of downside or upside in the next 6 months.

Thanks. I've given up on The Verge because it has gotten so bad.

Yeah, it's not great, but I don't have a WSJ subscription, first google link. :act-up:

For those interested, Cramer has CEO from AAPL coming on shortly. Should be interesting.

For those interested, Cramer has CEO from AAPL coming on shortly. Should be interesting.

I thought the interview was good.

I thought the interview was good.

So did I. I have low expectations for the stock over the next 6-9 months but over the next 2-3 years I think Apple can easily go to $150. Not a stock I would trade but I do own it for the long term. AAPL is now a safe haven stocks with it's P/E ratio at 9.71, its huge cash flow, a 2.5% dividend, and a $230,000,000 pile of cash.

Hope you Tesla investors got out before this drop. Simple money was getting out right after deposit launch.

So did I. I have low expectations for the stock over the next 6-9 months but over the next 2-3 years I think Apple can easily go to $150. Not a stock I would trade but I do own it for the long term. AAPL is now a safe haven stocks with it's P/E ratio at 9.71, its huge cash flow, a 2.5% dividend, and a $230,000,000 pile of cash.

Totally agreed - Just seems like every time the stock tanks, Apple buys their own stock and 12 months later, we realize it was a buying moment. And Tim Cook needs to do this more.

On its down day, I picked up X for a long play. I think immediately there could still be some shake outs, but it hit my price, since I missed out on it a few weeks back.

Holy heck, how bad does TSLA look right now? $240 to $206 in 5 days.

Disney call going on now. Going down in extended hours and I might grab more. Iger has everything heading in the right direction.

With marvel, Pixar and lucasfiln Disney has a minimum 1 billion domestic and 3 billion international a year in movies alone for the foreseeable future.

With marvel, Pixar and lucasfiln Disney has a minimum 1 billion domestic and 3 billion international a year in movies alone for the foreseeable future.

No question about it. The movie business is fantastic. Its ESPN and will continue to be ESPN that will kill them. The station is so far downhill its absurd and cord cutters dont care about it at all.

No question about it. The movie business is fantastic. Its ESPN and will continue to be ESPN that will kill them. The station is so far downhill its absurd and cord cutters dont care about it at all.

Tirico jumping to NBC. ESPN not what it used to be.

The government blocking staples and office depot merger is laughable. Have they not heard of the invention of the internet?

The government blocking staples and office depot merger is laughable. Have they not heard of the invention of the internet?

I still dont understand the issue for blocking them.

Back