Streamsong building a fourth course

MWard

I do not play well with others
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Streamsong is pleased to announce the addition of a fourth golf course to its award-winning slate of golf offerings. The iconic design team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw (Coore & Crenshaw Design) are partnering with Streamsong once again to create the newest venue, a short course, within a short walk from the Lodge.

The course will wind through the centuries old native oaks, mine cuts and along the banks of Little Payne Creek. Dramatic elevation changes exist on the land bringing drama, strategy and fun into play throughout. Early routings on the roughly 100 acre site include holes ranging from 70 to nearly 300 yards.

I need to make a trip down that way...
Seems like this will be a shorter course based on the description

I am not surprised. The place has been absolutely packed and must be doing well financially. Very much an if you build it they will come success story so far. I love me some Coore & Crenshaw so I bet they make some fun holes here.

I am not surprised. The place has been absolutely packed and must be doing well financially. Very much an if you build it they will come success story so far. I love me some Coore & Crenshaw so I bet they make some fun holes here.

they absolutely had me with Coore and Crenshaw. I am picturing the match course like at PGA national, but with their twist on things.

I am also still wondering what designer is going to build the eventual rumored White course.

they absolutely had me with Coore and Crenshaw. I am picturing the match course like at PGA national, but with their twist on things.

I am also still wondering what designer is going to build the eventual rumored White course.

I hope so, it would be awesome, especially on days you don't want to walk 36. My understanding is they own literally ALL the land around there for miles, so can easily build another full one. Get Tiger to build it.........

More courses is good. Never been but sounds like a fun place

I hope so, it would be awesome, especially on days you don't want to walk 36. My understanding is they own literally ALL the land around there for miles, so can easily build another full one. Get Tiger to build it.........

Realtor mode, let me check that 😇

4th is 18 hole par 3 course. Got note on this from GW staff.

A short course as an option to the other courses there makes so much sense. Many reasons why some may want to play a short course as opposed to one of the existing courses.
And to have that design team.

At least C & C will get to stay in the nice hotel this time. I believe the last time they were there building the red they stayed at the Days Inn like 20 minutes away as that's all that was there.

Something to do while you are waiting for service in the hotel...................:at-wits-end:

By my math and from what I can see, they currently own 2284.5 acres of land. There is quite a bit not developed. They could probably build another 3 courses there if they wanted :oops:

Something to do while you are waiting for service in the hotel...................:at-wits-end:

Should try going in the summer when it's their down time and they're on their "non busy" staff. Good Lord is it slow.

By my math and from what I can see, they currently own 2284.5 acres of land. There is quite a bit not developed. They could probably build another 3 courses there if they wanted :oops:

Yup. There is definitely going to be another full one coming. They are very much benefitting from the current golf boom. We'll see how long it goes. The biggest thing they have going for them is that its one of the few destination resorts that you are guaranteed good weather in during the winter. They crush it during that time period.

Played Streamsong when it was just Red/Blue and thought it was such an awesome experience being so far away from everything but golf.

It looks like they're doubling down on competing with the likes of Bandon and Cabot as a golf-exclusive destination. Can't wait to get down there again.

Yup. There is definitely going to be another full one coming. They are very much benefitting from the current golf boom. We'll see how long it goes. The biggest thing they have going for them is that its one of the few destination resorts that you are guaranteed good weather in during the winter. They crush it during that time period.

They need more than just that hotel there. Like, need. Nearest gas station is about 15-20 minutes away. Off property restaurants? Good luck. There's a reason I do day trips over there when I play, and it's because I'd rather just drive home where I can actually eat more than just what the crowded restaurants have to offer.

They need more than just that hotel there. Like, need. Nearest gas station is about 15-20 minutes away. Off property restaurants? Good luck. There's a reason I do day trips over there when I play, and it's because I'd rather just drive home where I can actually eat more than just what the crowded restaurants have to offer.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have plans for that. I could see villas being built along with another restaurant or two.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have plans for that. I could see villas being built along with another restaurant or two.

Villas would be absolutely badass. I look forward to seeing that property when it's fully completed and just how far along it will have come.

Villas would be absolutely badass. I look forward to seeing that property when it's fully completed and just how far along it will have come.

Same. First time I was there the hotel wasn't even built yet. I stayed at that lovely Days Inn that smelled like a wet dog haha. Crazy already to see what its like now. They haven't upped their greens fees much yet, but they definitely have the hotel price and other stuff. Hope they don't go overboard.

Same. First time I was there the hotel wasn't even built yet. I stayed at that lovely Days Inn that smelled like a wet dog haha. Crazy already to see what its like now. They haven't upped their greens fees much yet, but they definitely have the hotel price and other stuff. Hope they don't go overboard.

They haven't, but that's a relative term. Spending current prices, no way do I want to play there. Summer time when you're wondering when death will be approaching due to heat stroke? That's a bit more my jam and cost haha. It's not uncommon to go through 7-9 bottles of water during that little trek across property.

Should try going in the summer when it's their down time and they're on their "non busy" staff. Good Lord is it slow.

bonus points for also being made to feel like they don't really want you there

To be fair, they were getting paid to do nothing before people showed up. GREAT, now I have to do actual work. I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL!

There is a bartender though at the red/blue clubhouse though that makes a fantastic old fashioned and she is a delight. Very cute and very snarky if you say something dumb. "Don't order a salad and be surprised it takes a while, no one orders a salad here." and the laughter from 5 other guys as this one guy was just dejected. No, it was not me.

I have to be honest I have never had that experience there. Sorry to hear you and others have. Really my only "bad" experience was with a bad caddie.

Back