Stupid Corporate Sayings

"We'll go ahead and parking lot that one." Refering to someone in a training class asking a question that no one, including the trainer has the answer too. I have yet to get an answer from any question that was parking lotted.

We went through a phase of all sorts of sayings that a few people decided to play bull**** bingo with them in meetings...luckily I managed to avoid those meetings haha

Every review cycle, the word 'tight budget' is thrown around nonstop.

Touch base - hate this one too like it was said earlier.
I'll reach out to you - through what, your monitor?

Here's a good one from a couple of years ago...

"Our percentage of utilization is not at the level to cause the paradigm shift that we are looking for."

And the one that has always given me fits is the reference of employees as being .... "Associates". Puleeeeeze!

Fun thread!

I'm a recruiter and management will never use the word "job" instead it's a "career opportunity"
"performance-based pay" = full commission
Some other's that drive me nuts!! : We need to dove-tail our efforts, hit the ground running, and the word Bifurcate!!

hahaha I'm a Recruiter too and I agree with you 100%

I've been to a lot of RCA (root cause analysis) meetings it's part of my job. In every meeting they always say "we're not here to point finger blah blah......." REALLY?! Then why da hell we have this meeting for.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Don't rest on your laurels, you're only as good as your last sale.

You have to find a way to do more with less, margins are getting smaller and costs are going up lol.

You have to overcome the competitions deep discounts with value added services. ( now a days you need deep discounts and a ton of value added services, for now, cash is king)

My favorite always at the end of the year is that we need to be more streamlined, and flex staff, which really means we are close to budget, and administration wants their bonus.

I wanted to circle back with you on that topic.
This is how we are trending.

TapAhoy!

I feel like I'm reading a Dilbert comic strip lol. I'm in construction and we have our own lingo, but most of it probably shouldn't be posted here.

My most hated one is "Would it be possible to...[fill in this blank with something completely absurd that is totally possible]" It's 'possible' to tear down a 60 story building, clean up the mess, and build it all over again but it's just stupid.

"Let's not get down in the weeds on this one"

Then they wonder why something goes wrong because they didn't bother to look at the details (weeds)

"Where did we decide to land on that one"

What the hell did we just decide?

Oat meal is better than no meal.

Near Shoring.

BAU - Business As Usual: translation = the day to day grunt work

Informatics: so widely misused

Advisor: corporate sales

Back