ttucliffhanger

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Aqua Men
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking at some Sub 70 irons. Anyone here have the 699 pros or the 639 MB/CB combo set and what are your thoughts? I currently have the 2019 standard Apex. Just seen some chatter about these and got me wondering about them.

Looking at some Sub 70 irons. Anyone here have the 699 pros or the 639 MB/CB combo set and what are your thoughts? I currently have the 2019 standard Apex. Just seen some chatter about these and got me wondering about them.
I’d love to try some. There’s lots of positive feedback on them out there, and regardless of their design methods, positive feedback is positive feedback.

Buddy just got the 6 & 9 in the cb’s along w/ the 6 in the 699’s from their demo program. $20 & they pay for shipping.

Buddy just got the 6 & 9 in the cb’s along w/ the 6 in the 699’s from their demo program. $20 & they pay for shipping.
Yeah I saw that but I want to be fit. Since being fit at the Grandaddy I won’t buy another set of irons without being fit. I guess I could drive to Illinois lol

Yeah I saw that but I want to be fit. Since being fit at the Grandaddy I won’t buy another set of irons without being fit. I guess I could drive to Illinois lol

I’d reach out to em via phone or email and see what they say?!

I’d reach out to em via phone or email and see what they say?!
Already speaking with the CEO via text. Being fit changed my game so much over the last 2 years.

I haven’t tried the irons yet, but my son got the 939x hybrid and fairway a week or so ago and they are performing really well. Enough so that I’d consider the 699 Pro’s. Their other irons just look bad to me with the milling lines.

I haven’t tried the irons yet, but my son got the 939x hybrid and fairway a week or so ago and they are performing really well. Enough so that I’d consider the 699 Pro’s. Their other irons just look bad to me with the milling lines.
12270241-F81E-4341-AC67-F3CC3C155506.jpegI think these things look good more so in the black but not sure how the finish would hold up.

View attachment 8969818I think these things look good more so in the black but not sure how the finish would hold up.
Those look nice. I'd game them. (y)
I like how this brand could get traction with local fitters, and then do their direct to consumer model after a fitting. Hogan as well.
These companies are putting out irons at a price point we used to be more accustomed to, at least.(y)

think these things look good more so in the black but not sure how the finish would hold up.

I don’t always like black finishes, but in this case I agree with you. It makes the milling less glaring in my opinion. The straight lines on the 699/Pro models don’t bother me like the fish scale style milling does on the other clubs.

They don't catch my eye, but the price is right.
There are definitely better looking irons out there for sure like the new TM 770s but price is out of this world on new OEM irons.

There are definitely better looking irons out there for sure like the new TM 770s but price is out of this world on new OEM irons.
I think there is some truth to this. With that said part of that, at least to an extent is definitely R&D. When there is none, there are no costs in that column.

Not saying that to take away from Sub70. Hurricane Golf wanted a club company and it exists now. Of the clubs are enjoyed that is all that matters.

I game the 699 7iron thru wedge, 50,54,60 in the CNC milled wedges, 939x hybrids 3,4,5,6 and the Pro Fairway 4 wood. Been playing them for 2 seasons now. I live about a mile from their facility, which is defintely a plus. I was always a second-hand OEM Player, buying off eBay or Craigslist or IMG_20200814_074038.jpgwhatever. Much happier now and I'll be sticking with these clubs for years to come.

I think there is some truth to this. With that said part of that, at least to an extent is definitely R&D. When there is none, there are no costs in that column.

Not saying that to take away from Sub70. Hurricane Golf wanted a club company and it exists now. Of the clubs are enjoyed that is all that matters.
Oh yeah I understand it to a point. Just hard to stomach paying that much for irons, but one drawback is not being able to go to somewhere like Edwin Watts or another golf store and getting fit. At least with the OEM you can physically get fit into the clubs. Only option to really get fit for Sub 70 is to go to their HQ in Illinois.

I game the 699 7iron thru wedge, 50,54,60 in the CNC milled wedges, 939x hybrids 3,4,5,6 and the Pro Fairway 4 wood. Been playing them for 2 seasons now. I live about a mile from their facility, which is defintely a plus. I was always a second-hand OEM Player, buying off eBay or Craigslist or View attachment 8969833whatever. Much happier now and I'll be sticking with these clubs for years to come.
I would love to take a full set of the 699 pros and the 639 MB/CB combo for a spin. Like have some time to use them to see if it’s a viable option. I know they have a trial program that sends you a 6 and 9 iron but a man can wish can’t he haha.

I would love to take a full set of the 699 pros and the 639 MB/CB combo for a spin. Like have some time to use them to see if it’s a viable option. I know they have a trial program that sends you a 6 and 9 iron but a man can wish can’t he haha.

yeah, i looked at that as well...i almost never use my 6i. if it was 7 & 9, i'd be allover trying these out.

yeah, i looked at that as well...i almost never use my 6i. if it was 7 & 9, i'd be allover trying these out.
Same. 6 iron doesn’t get a lot of use from me either.

I have a 699 7i if anyone wants it

If no one else claims it I’ll hit it and pass it on to another THP’er to try...

Standard, I’ve had it for a long time. I don’t think the Pro’s were out yet when I got it
What shaft is in it?

They probably don’t have wrong sided clubs...

Just saying!

Back