underwhelming as I never improved like I had planned. I actually got quite a bit worse for a few weeks. I came out of the gates strong, and finished strong, its just those 40 rounds in the middle that could've been better.
Still won the club championship, so there's that for the positive I guess.

I actually exceeded expectations this year. Sitting at a 13 handicap according to the Grint app. I've had only two rounds this year in the 90's, the first was due to very poor putting the other was due to moving into a new house Labor Day weekend and was the first round back after a month layoff. I'm striking the ball better than i ever have so i'm heading into the offseason with high spirits for 2019.

Didn't play as much as I wanted to, so I didn't improve much overall. League play was disappointing because my partner really needs to practice more. I'm going to try to find a way to set up my practice net over the winter.
The driver was working much better this year compared to prior years so I still see potential.

I did achieve two of my goals: to make it to at least one THP event (New England fall event, thanks OITW!) and playing a well-known course as part of a week-long conference in Orlando in September (Disney's Lake Buena Vista). I didn't score as well as I wanted in either case but was grouped with a great bunch of guys for both and had a blast.

I've had my best year ever. I've dropped my cap from an 18 to a 10.8, and hopefully it's not finished.

It was a rollercoaster. Started off slow and steady, went up to a pretty good height of shooting a 79, and rocketed back to earth to end with a 110. Well, I might be able to sneak a few more rounds in and hopefully level back off to where it started so I can disembark this crazy ride.

I've had my best year ever. I've dropped my cap from an 18 to a 10.8, and hopefully it's not finished.

Wow, that's an impressive drop in strokes, congrats!

This year was pretty uneventful as far as my game went. Only got in 12 rounds (unfortunately, 8 of those were on my golf trip in May). The last 2 rounds, I believe I was able to figure out why I was pulling my driver since that became more consistent. So that's a bonus.
On another note, I walked more courses this year as a spectator than what I have played. I was able to watch my son start his High School career on the JV team . That I would consider my season highlight and was very proud of the season/progress he made with his game.

Attending the greatest collection of golf trips ever assembled in a calendar year and humbled because of it.

Had 2 goals: get a handicap and break 80. Got my handicap and still have a little time to break 80. Year 2 in a new job had my responsibilities increase and had my first child at the beginning of this year so I played much less golf and spent much less time on THP than I would prefer, but love being a dad so it's worth it.

Putting improved but driving still blows. Minimal practicing so short game has suffered. GIR is a dumpster fire. Started year at 11.9, latest revision has me at 14.1. Shot a bunch of low 80's including several 81's but also shot bunch of high 90's where I had nothing.

Joined THP First week of Jan ↑
Won a prize pack for making a post with 10 replies (Beanie, Balls, Towel) ↑
Won a Golden Ticket for any THP Event Jan ↑
Played Feb Golf with my first set of fitted clubs ↑
Played Mar Golf ↑
First THP Event (Cleveland Game Changer with Jamie Sadlowski) ↑
Found out while I was at the Game Changer that we are expecting our first kid after being married 14 years...The Real Game Changer ↑ :D
Played solid golf May-June (Mid-Low 80's) ↑
Mid June-August Golf was atrocious(100+, when I kept score or even finished a round) ↓↓
Won a Aldila Rogue 130 MSI from THP ↑
Took lessons and got my swing straightened out(mostly)↑
My game came back together in August (Mid-Low 80's) ↑
Playing in that same score area since then (Mid-Low 80's)↑
Won a THP Twitter Contest ↑
THP has definitely been a boost to my year!

Definitely more ups than downs!

Dropped from GHIN 32.0 to 20.3 after working with a new instructor.

Met goal of getting down to 22.0 by September.

Joined THP and made several new, regular golf friends.

Had a great time at the Ultimate Gathering.

Most importantly, I've just begun learning how to just have fun and relax playing golf vs. obsessing over the need to continuously improve.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Almost quit the game after a Golf trip last April to Torrey Pines and LaCoste..such beautiful courses and I played so awful..
Handicap peaked at 23+ in May..
Got fitted..Invested in new equipment (based upon THP reviews)
Took 3 lessons..made a commitment to play at least two times a week..rain or shine..
Handicap is now down to 14.8..
Working hard on Pitching and Chipping....and the small things I do poorly..
Played last Saturday in the wind and cold rain here in New England on a tough course with 3 of my best buddies, they were amazed how much improved my game is..I carried my partner through 11 holes and I know he weighs 178 pounds..:)
a couple of birdies and some pars just make you feel so much better..
Thanks to all of you guys for the equipment reviews, they made my buying decisions so much easier.
Love the game again!

Frustrating at the beginning. Coming to a realization 3/4 of the way through. Then progressing towards the end of the year.

Bad year overall, even though I had career lows I just never got it all working at once often.

Driving was a struggle most of the summer, then I finally got it working and my short game, which was money, is suddenly lost, like more lost then ever in my golf life, especially bunkers and putting.

Golf is hard.

Joined THP First week of Jan ↑
Won a prize pack for making a post with 10 replies (Beanie, Balls, Towel) ↑
Won a Golden Ticket for any THP Event Jan ↑
Played Feb Golf with my first set of fitted clubs ↑
Played Mar Golf ↑
First THP Event (Cleveland Game Changer with Jamie Sadlowski) ↑
Found out while I was at the Game Changer that we are expecting our first kid after being married 14 years...The Real Game Changer ↑ :D
Played solid golf May-June (Mid-Low 80's) ↑
Mid June-August Golf was atrocious(100+, when I kept score or even finished a round) ↓↓
Won a Aldila Rogue 130 MSI from THP ↑
Took lessons and got my swing straightened out(mostly)↑
My game came back together in August (Mid-Low 80's) ↑
Playing in that same score area since then (Mid-Low 80's)↑
Won a THP Twitter Contest ↑
THP has definitely been a boost to my year!

Definitely more ups than downs!

Man that’s awesome.

My season is still going (thankfully) so there is still time for some improvement, but the year for the most part has been real up and down. I tied my personal best of 81 and had several sub 85 rounds, but still I had a lot more stinkers than I would have imagined and one of those was this past weekend. I couldn't hit the darn ball most of the day. One of my goals was to improve my driving, but the exact opposite has happened. It seems like I can barely find the fairway right now and I have lost distance, but my irons and wedges have gotten better over all. So, yeah, a real up and down year.

Played about 1/3 of the rounds I did last year.

Regressed with my game significantly from last fall / winter.

Played golf and spent time with a bunch of good friends and some new peeps in Orlando...low stress, high fun weekend.

Didn't really try for an event this year due to personal tragedies, new job, etc.

Retired my Grandaddy clubs by giving most of them to my son who is kicking ass.

Will keep playing through the fall and winter because Georgia.

Overall, my year golf-wise was great. The highlights were:

- Going to The HandCrafted Experience with THP and Project X in May. Amazing experience with a great group of people.
- Shot 67 at my home course, where I've been trying to break 70 for a couple years.
- Became a + handicap for the first time, even if it only lasted a couple weeks.

There were a few things I didn't do all that well though:
- I wasn't nearly good enough about taking my boys with me to the course. I need to do it way more often next year.
- I did nothing to try to get into better shape. If anything, I went the wrong way.
- My short game was really streaky and my chipping seemed to regress after about the beginning of August.

Started the year at 13. Decided to have short term memory loss after bad shots and improved to 5.2. But, the most enjoyment I had all year was watching my buddy, who has only been playing for 2 years, improve has game by 10 strokes. That is fun to watch.

Man I hate getting old. Lost 10 - 12 yards off the tee and one club with the irons this year from last year. Short game & putting saved most rounds this year. I practice chipping & putting for 10 - 15 minutes priot to each round, that's where you save strokes. Nothing can be done about more restricted swing as I get older, 74 now, but chipping & putting helps.

Not enough golf or THP

Back