Super Bowl Food Thread

Not a ton, mostly just to render the fat to cook everything else in. Definitely not traditional obviously, but it's delicious.
I shall give it a try. I usually use the sausage grease for that, but the bacon could be delightful.

Thick crust pan pizza
Nachos
Beer

I’m all set

My wife and I had a big spread and menus picked out for our party. We decided tonight that we would rather just cater/order out.

We are going to be nervous wrecks as Chiefs fans and just want to enjoy the game as best we can rather than worry about cooking/hosting.

The first Mahommes SB, we went overboard and barely got to watch the game.

Should I smoke some wings?

Buff chicken dip
Pizza
Mac and cheese for kids
Chips and salsa
Brownies

It's my MIL's birthday on Friday and we're going to their place on Sunday during the day to celebrate, so we'll probably be stuffed from that when we get home.

All that to say we're not doing anything.

My middle son (8th grade) is having 10 friends over for his annual SB party, so there will be 15 total. Right now thinking about:

- ham & cheese sliders (smoked a couple hams for pulled ham)
- chicken, bacon & (homemade) ranch sliders (breaded chicken)
- buffalo (shredded) chicken quesadilla cones (most requested repeat from last year's SB party)
- fruit tray
- chips & dips
- cookies

Chips and dip
Detroit Style Pizza
Chicken Taquitos
Roast Beef and cheese sliders

Maybe this. Redneck Poutine.

Nothing at the moment. Our whole main of the house is being patched and painted and. I may not have a kitchen by then.
Hey you can always get some to go or a sub tray!

We have a plan for cafe Rio style tacos.

I don't know the full party menu, but I'm bringing Lit'l Smokies wrapped in bacon that has been dredged through brown Sugar.
You cant go wrong with Lil Smokies!

Last year's SB I made Rocco DiSpirito's Chili Crisp ribs. They basically braise in the oven on high heat for 2 hours, pan sealed in foil. Then glaze & broiled 5 minutes. They're super easy compared to smoking ribs & I've got some great feedback.
Ribs are on sale this week so that's likely gonna be it again.

Last year's SB I made Rocco DiSpirito's Chili Crisp ribs. They basically braise in the oven on high heat for 2 hours, pan sealed in foil. Then glaze & broiled 5 minutes. They're super easy compared to smoking ribs & I've got some great feedback.
Ribs are on sale this week so that's likely gonna be it again.
I need to do some ribs like that soon myself. Last time we cooked them in the oven they were amazing!

I need to do some ribs like that soon myself. Last time we cooked them in the oven they were amazing!
The recipe calls for saran wrap then foil and I did that the first time. The idea being its a really tight seal. And the moisture on the inside keeps the temp below the melting point of the saran wrap. Well, practically this wasn't my experience so I had to get that melted stuff off.
I just went double foil the last time and the seal was still tight and no worries about melted saran wrap.

We made these Big Mac sliders. Should have made more.

IMG_9950.jpeg

Still waiting on Pizza and wings to get here. But have this so far.

Taco Dip

IMG_9951.jpeg

Mac and Cheese balls

IMG_9954.jpeg

Chili

IMG_9952.jpeg

Then some mini hotdogs and cookie cake.

IMG_9953.jpeg

IMG_9949.jpeg

Ran out of charcoal, so finished in the oven and didn't get as much smoke as I'd like, but still delicious.

IMG_3506.jpeg

And some Sharkoochie

image.jpg

Back