Super Stroke Putter Grips

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Who is gaming them, which one, and why? Do you think the shape and size make a big difference for you? Did you like the change between the older version of a couple years ago to what they have today?

I've been pondering a bit of an experiment. No reason not to tinker in the cooler months when most of my putting is done in practice sessions.

I am.
Although I think I will be switching to the Lamkin Sink, as I love the look and feel of it.

I am.
Although I think I will be switching to the Lamkin Sink, as I love the look and feel of it.

I see some similarities in the RND-11 to the Super Stroke, however the weight is quite a bit different. Double, it seems.

I have had pretty much every size super stroke on putters but shortly i will have my first Flatso and i am really looking forward to it

I had the mid slim 2.0 on my SeeMore m8 and really liked it. The Odyssey I'm waiting on has a 3.0 on it and I've enjoyed the feel of it since it keeps my hands from getting too wild.

Who is gaming them, which one, and why? Do you think the shape and size make a big difference for you? Did you like the change between the older version of a couple years ago to what they have today?

I've been pondering a bit of an experiment. No reason not to tinker in the cooler months when most of my putting is done in practice sessions.

2014's version of the flatso, the ultra 1.1 I believe, has been the best grip they've had IMO. Feels a tad smaller than the new flatso 1.0, but I feel the flatso is the best shape by far they offer. Just fits in your hands so well.

I'm gaming them on all my putters. 2.0 Mid Slim & a 1.0 on my 6M. I switched because with the smaller pistol grips i had a tendency to get to "wristy" with my putting stroke and the SS grip has quieted my hands allowing me to put a more consistent putting stroke on the ball. the new design is all i've known so i can't comment on how the older version was.

I preferred them when they first came out. They felt great and almost felt slick for a lack of a better word. I don't like the texture that is on them now. So I'm back to a normal putter grip from golf pride and I've been enjoying it.

I love the THP 2.0 and 3.0 on my Cure, and the odyssey tank stock is a great one too, I keep wanting to game a flatso, but don't want to mess with what's working!

I have a SS 1.0 on most of my putters, but have a Lamkin UTx on my Z3C. I have been working lately with my 1W and the Z3C, I am finding that after initialing not being a fan of the UTx grip on my putter, I am liking it more and more. I may add one to my 1W.

I have a SS 1.0 on most of my putters, but have a Lamkin UTx on my Z3C. I have been working lately with my 1W and the Z3C, I am finding that after initialing not being a fan of the UTx grip on my putter, I am liking it more and more. I may add one to my 1W.

You'd had a rocky relationship with that thing.

You'd had a rocky relationship with that thing.
I really have but I am coming around on it. Of course it could be a different story in a week or two. Haha

I tried the 3.0 and hated it, currently using the 2.0 on both my putters...while I initially liked it I think I may be going back to a more traditional grip this season. I definitely do not think it has improved my putting.

I have a Mid Slim 2.0 on my Betty, the THP Mid Slim 2.0 on the Cure RX2 and have either a Mid Slim 1.0 or 2.0 to put on the Milled Collection #2 I just picked up. I love the feel of the grips and they really help me with how much pressure I have in my grip. I feel I am able to have less pressure with more control because of the size but that is just my opinion.

Using a Flatso 3.0. Tried the others but this just felt better.

SS mid slim 2.0 the 3.0 just felt to big for me and the 1.0 just too small. Stabilizing my grip pressure and helping take my hands out of the stroke and make the swing with my shoulders were the single biggest improvement in my putting, since going to the SS grip I very rarely 3 putt anymore. When I do 3 putt is is almost always due to me making a bad read on a lag putt and leaving it too short.

Gaming a fatso 5.0 on my SeeMore. Helps with minimizing unnecessary wrist turn.

I have a Flatso 1.0 on a SC Newport, a SS 3.0 on a SC Futura, and a Fatso 5.0 on a Mizuno Bettinardi BC2.

For me the 5.0 is too much of a pool noodle, but that's also the putter that spent the most time in my bag last season.

I've got a new Seemore on the way, and I'm going to at least start the year with the oversize grip that's on it. If I upgrade to a SS I'll be try to decide between the 2.0 and 3.0 models.

Tried a few different SS grips but I'm having difficulty warming up to them. Just like the shapes texture and feedback better from some other grip manufactures. They are also a PITA to remove with compressed air when compared to most others.

I have used pretty much every Super Stroke grip out there but every since last year I have been torn between the Flatso 1.0 and 2.0...after much deliberation and testing I now have the two figured out. A Flatso 2.0 is a perfect fit for me when I am using a Mallet putter and the Flatso 1.0 is better when I use a blade putter. For some reason the "bulky" fits with the "bulky" and the "skinny" fits with the "skinny". My only complaint is that the Flatso grips seem to be a little slick for my liking once you first put them on. I actually take sandpaper to them to roughen them up a little. Once they have been used for a while though they are absolute money. I am a big believer in the Super Stroke.

I've got one on my putter. Not sure which one though. I want to say it's a 2.0. I like it so far. I've only played a couple rounds with it so I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it.

I have had the 3.0 and the 2.0 and personally I prefer the 2.0. I am not one who has liked the huge putter grips. I have the SS on a few but I mainly use Iomic and lamkin I-Lines. Not sure how much help I can be but my opinion is the size and shape make a huge difference. and for me its not a good outcome.

I have a hard time with Super Stroke grips. Until last year I could not find one that worked well for me. Everything from a 2.0 and larger just seemed strange. The Fatso grip that came on a Scotty I bought may be the worst I ever attempted to use.

Saying that though, when I grabbed my Tank Cruiser, that had the counterbalanced Super Stroke grip on it, it just clicked. I can't imagine using something other than this grip anymore.

I use the SS2R grip. For some reason I feel really comfortable with the square shape.

I've got a few...

94ccdf06facbb35ccf594d3168df5ec4.jpg

The 2.0 is my favorite, but the flatso 2.0 is up there. The ss2r doesn't seem to feel as good in my hands, but its always fun to blow different grips on different putters and play around.

Back