SuperSpeed Golf Review

This has been my approach!

I'm on about week 3 right now. I don't have a radar but it's definitely feeling faster. Will be playing a sim round next weekend so should get an initial read on results then!
Drop the cash on the radar...it adds to the fun! I did without one and then knowing you have to beat one makes it more fun...kinda like beat the clock

Drop the cash on the radar...it adds to the fun! I did without one and then knowing you have to beat one makes it more fun...kinda like beat the clock

I'm sure it will be. I just can't justify dropping it right now as I just bought 80% of an entire new bag of clubs :LOL: Looking at maybe March my budget will have some room for it, unless I can sell some stuff this month.

Do you guys just use the PRGR one that SuperSpeed recommends on their site or is a different one better?

I'm sure it will be. I just can't justify dropping it right now as I just bought 80% of an entire new bag of clubs :LOL: Looking at maybe March my budget will have some room for it, unless I can sell some stuff this month.

Do you guys just use the PRGR one that SuperSpeed recommends on their site or is a different one better?
I use PRGR. It has good reviews everywhere you look. And each new version has improved.

Anyone find a good case to put the sticks in? May start using them in my office before I start for the day and wanted something to carry these into the office with..thinking like a nylon type case.

I was thinking something like this would work:

Last edited:
Anyone find a good case to put the sticks in? May start using them in my office before I start for the day and wanted something to carry these into the office with..thinking like a nylon type case.

Nice idea. Could fit sticks, glove, radar easy.

Need to get started again. Completely out of golf shape. Try to get going by March usually but want to do a driver fitting in the next few weeks and need to get closer to my actual game shape.

Need to get started again. Completely out of golf shape. Try to get going by March usually but want to do a driver fitting in the next few weeks and need to get closer to my actual game shape.
I hear ya. I usually work out over the winter but this year work has been a bear to where I can’t get to the gym. Want to start the speed training at least during my lunch break. We have a little walking treadmill area at our office I could use. Need the motivation

I think they definitely work I just wish I could find somewhere to swing them regularly. I am trying to get to the simulator a couple of times a week to swing them but it can be hard. I don't have anywhere else with room for it indoors and it is way too cold here.

I've been off and on with the program. Sim session this morning maxed out at 118. Thats all I could give it. Felt really good around 112 with solid contact. Only up from here

I think they definitely work I just wish I could find somewhere to swing them regularly. I am trying to get to the simulator a couple of times a week to swing them but it can be hard. I don't have anywhere else with room for it indoors and it is way too cold here.

I'll say this, I'm in PA and I did this yesterday outside when it was about 15-20 and it wasn't an issue. Just went inside and warmed up during the 60-90 second breaks before the red stick. Do have to pre-check your area though to ensure good traction - I did it on my driveway and had to pick the spots that got a little more sun and where the salt was more effective.

I'll say this, I'm in PA and I did this yesterday outside when it was about 15-20 and it wasn't an issue. Just went inside and warmed up during the 60-90 second breaks before the red stick. Do have to pre-check your area though to ensure good traction - I did it on my driveway and had to pick the spots that got a little more sun and where the salt was more effective.
I do the training in my garage while the wife is at work or just out.
I have tall garage and can swing freely.
I did hit the door rail once and scared the (bleep) out of me.

I can feel it working b/c I know I'd, swing the red and blue faster.

Might have to bit the bullet and get the PRGR thingy.

Even if I don't get faster, it's great to swing during the offseason, all 4-5 months of it.

I attribute this to muscle memory. 3 days into the program my driver is back up to 116. 120 if I go after it. 7 iron 92. Going to keep trucking along and see what comes of it.

Ended up picking up this tripod bad to carry the sticks in. For anyone wanted to transport these to the gym, office or just to have a case to keep them safe its a pretty good option.
When they say its a 45" bag its bang on 45" which are what the sticks measure. I had to put one end in and sort of pull the other end of the bag to fit them inside. Plenty of room. Wish the bag wasn't so tall but it works. Also enough room to get the little gray and blue swing speed radar in the side pouch. It has both handle straps and a shoulder strap.
Here are some pics:

5A090A3B-FA41-4BAA-88BA-B45D3BD5D1E1.jpegCE1E8D5C-1D7C-4C55-B3E6-0B7FF0B75BE2.jpegA83C1977-8E62-421B-AEE0-FA223FD2DD5C.jpeg056150C6-F9FF-45B3-8C53-69D67D9504EA.jpeg96519E3E-2313-4A45-80CF-E82F13869C97.jpeg9CBDDEF2-8F10-40F1-B7C1-40868FE94CF0.jpeg

Hit the sim for the first time in 6 weeks. Am on 4th week of phase 1. Driver is up from 101 to 104. Not a huge gain but didnt expect much after such a short period. Nice to be trending the right Way.

Well another week another sim check. Topped at 109!!! Swing faster and easier than last week. Over the moon. still in phase 1 of superspeed but ive picked up 8 mph in a month.
best thing is i thought 110 would be my limit but i feel like i can get to 115. So excited when i saw 109 pop up on the screen. Decent hit too, slight draw with 2400 spin. So excited ti get playing in april.

I am currently on a ski trip so I'm gonna lose some ground on this probably... Hope to pick it back up again shortly. Haven't checked SS directly yet but I did hit a drive about 290 with roll on the sim last week which is about 15 yards further than my previous longest!

Had 4 days of this in over and a week and a half and then covid hit me hard. It's been almost a month since I picked one up, but hoping to have the energy and strength to. Star back again soon. I had picked up 3 mph in that week and a half so I know there's more to unlock. Definitely going to start back at day one though.

I also felt like it was really helping with the sequencing of my swing as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I picked up another set of superspeed sticks after going through the program a couple years ago with no radar. This time I got the swing speed radar so I can measure progress.

Last night I set it up and just wanted to get used to it. I messed around with the radar positions a bunch but I never was able to get it to read consistently. One swing would register in the 120’s and the next in the 80’s or 90’s. Was really frustrating as inconsistent feedback seems worse than no feedback.

I replaced the batteries. Made sure it was set up perfectly upright. Says 8-10” from the radar and it felt like I needed to be even closer to get results. I’m afraid I’m going to shatter this thing lol.

So my thought is I possibly got a defective unit (it’s used) or my release is just ridiculously late since there’s no ball in front of me. Would something like the prgr radar be a better solution for me since it sets up down the line?

I originally had the swing speed radar for a couple years and had no problems with it till the end when it became inconsistent. It sounds like yours is not working properly. I ultimately did switch to the prgr and like it more than the swing speed radar. and the way it sets up. It works great and is easy to place.

So I picked up another set of superspeed sticks after going through the program a couple years ago with no radar. This time I got the swing speed radar so I can measure progress.

Last night I set it up and just wanted to get used to it. I messed around with the radar positions a bunch but I never was able to get it to read consistently. One swing would register in the 120’s and the next in the 80’s or 90’s. Was really frustrating as inconsistent feedback seems worse than no feedback.

I replaced the batteries. Made sure it was set up perfectly upright. Says 8-10” from the radar and it felt like I needed to be even closer to get results. I’m afraid I’m going to shatter this thing lol.

So my thought is I possibly got a defective unit (it’s used) or my release is just ridiculously late since there’s no ball in front of me. Would something like the prgr radar be a better solution for me since it sets up down the line?
Did you aim it on a 45* angle back towards impact ?

Did you aim it on a 45* angle back towards impact ?
Yep. Seems to be worse at that angle. Honestly it could me being scared of smoking the unit and pulling back through the impact zone. Feels like I would have to be even closer from that angle.

Yep. Seems to be worse at that angle. Honestly it could me being scared of smoking the unit and pulling back through the impact zone. Feels like I would have to be even closer from that angle.

I know with using a driver or another club if you close the face alot through impact it will read higher because its catching the toe end of the club which is closing at a faster rate than the rest of the head. I used mine for the first time with a driver (sans ball) last week and it kept reading 84 up to 94 (I usually average 89-92 when hitting a ball).

But with the Speedsticks I always found the little gray/blue unit to read pretty consistent.
I did always place the unit at the same exact spot every session by placing a towel down on my garage floor marking it and the marking where I had the unit with a sharpie marker. Maybe that helped.

Another sim yesterday. Hit the 110mph club barrier and the 160 ball speed, as well as a couple of just over 300 yard total drives.
just need this snow to piss off. Cant wait to get out on the course.

also added a nice but of distance to my irons even with smooth swings. 7 iron was around 160 and up to 165 with a poke, goes around 170 now and im not even trying to kill it.

Last edited:

Another option if you're looking. Seems to have similar results to the PRGR radar with it costing less. I've had a good experience so far using it! https://rypstick.com/products/ryp-radar

When doing speed training does your speed correlate from iron to driver?
Driver shows 112 7 iron 90. Does this sound right? Is there a formula for this?

Back