SuperSpeed Golf Review

I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and buy the PRGR. Did you guys who have it buy it directly from PRGR or from SuperSpeed? Or through another source?

I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and buy the PRGR. Did you guys who have it buy it directly from PRGR or from SuperSpeed? Or through another source?
I got mine from SuperSpeed. How long ago did you get your SuperSpeed set ? Was the bundle available then I think they may give you the bundle price on it if you check with them. It is worth every penny.

I got mine from SuperSpeed. How long ago did you get your SuperSpeed set ? Was the bundle available then I think they may give you the bundle price on it if you check with them. It is worth every penny.

Thanks. I got the set used so it wasn't direct from SuperSpeed so I'm guessing they're not going to give me a discount! :censored: I was mainly just seeing what was most reputable, plus they are charging almost 20 bucks to ship it so I was wondering if anybody is offering free shipping :p

Thanks. I got the set used so it wasn't direct from SuperSpeed so I'm guessing they're not going to give me a discount! :censored: I was mainly just seeing what was most reputable, plus they are charging almost 20 bucks to ship it so I was wondering if anybody is offering free shipping :p

Think this is the same one. Shippings free with prime.

PRGR incoming :cool: Can't wait to try it out both with the SuperSpeed sticks and on the range.

Out of curiosity, do you guys avoid doing SuperSpeed on a day you're playing golf or hitting the range? My initial take is to not do both on the same day, but I don't see any official SuperSpeed guidance on the subject so I was curious everyone's approach.

Out of curiosity, do you guys avoid doing SuperSpeed on a day you're playing golf or hitting the range? My initial take is to not do both on the same day, but I don't see any official SuperSpeed guidance on the subject so I was curious everyone's approach.

I've used the SS/Stack training on days where I played, but only before. The biggest issue I find with both of these systems is that they mess with my tempo. So after I do the day's workout, I spend a good amount of time with my orange whip to dial myself back a bit. Then I do the same thing before hitting balls at the range. The OW helps me reset my tempo in my brain.

I've used the SS/Stack training on days where I played, but only before. The biggest issue I find with both of these systems is that they mess with my tempo. So after I do the day's workout, I spend a good amount of time with my orange whip to dial myself back a bit. Then I do the same thing before hitting balls at the range. The OW helps me reset my tempo in my brain.

The tempo thing definitely makes sense and I can imagine it would screw me up too. That said, I notice that in order to get the additional speed with a real club, I do have to consciously go after it a bit (at least so far). I wonder if there's a balance that needs to be struck once you know what the max you're capable of is.

Which does bring up another question in my mind: those of you who've seen significant speed gains, are you finding that you need to consciously go after it more when swinging at a ball, or has it become essentially unconscious after a certain point? So far (admittedly only a few weeks of consistent training in now), I definitely have an awareness that I can generate more speed and have translated it on some shots, but only when I make a decision to try and swing faster.

The tempo thing definitely makes sense and I can imagine it would screw me up too. That said, I notice that in order to get the additional speed with a real club, I do have to consciously go after it a bit (at least so far). I wonder if there's a balance that needs to be struck once you know what the max you're capable of is.

Which does bring up another question in my mind: those of you who've seen significant speed gains, are you finding that you need to consciously go after it more when swinging at a ball, or has it become essentially unconscious after a certain point? So far (admittedly only a few weeks of consistent training in now), I definitely have an awareness that I can generate more speed and have translated it on some shots, but only when I make a decision to try and swing faster.

For me I try to never go all out on the course unless my driver is super on. I’ve found that the gains I see on all out swings translate down though so my 80/90% swings go farther than they did before.

I use it to warm up some days and some I don’t. I’ve never had an issue but can see how it gets some people out if sorts

If I want to hit 110 I have to really go at it. But now if I swing a bit easier and make a nice swing I'm still going 106 with control which is kind of the subconscious swing you mention. Its still miles better than my original 100 max out. I figure I'll use that swing and step on it everynow and then if i need to or for fun

I went to the range today and was able to hit 129 with absolutely no control over the driver. The program works but not to be used on course. Where I’ve noticed it helping is a speed increases on shortened swings. If my back gets completely to target it’s either a huge pull or I nearly miss the ball. My iron shots are much higher now. It’s likely going to lead to new irons soon.

Did my first session with the PRGR today. First of all, thing is dead easy to use, so that's super nice. Hit 113 with the green stick, 106 with the blue and 99 with the red. My previous max speed I measured was 102 ish with driver so seems like I'm in similar territory so far. Excited to try and push it though and this live feedback will be great to have.

Starting to get back into shape this year. 1st time running (cardio) in a couple years, and going to do some strength training and yoga as well. I am a strong ponder on adding the SSG mens set to the training arsenal. Beginning of the golf season seems like the perfect time to get started. Read through this thread (going back a few years), and it seems like those that have stuck with it saw some gains. The biggest part is probably sticking with the program (just like most regimens).

I need to dust these off and start swinging them again.

I know it's intended to increase your swing speed, primarily, but I think it helped with my iron ball-striking, as well. I can't quantify that, but when I stopped using them because of a hip issue, my iron play went (back) to crap.
Still in the box, 🤬 it.

So, @MWard - we doin' this?

I think I want to get a set of these for when I’m at work at night. I don’t have room at my condo to swing them but there is a huge warehouse at work where I’ve been known to hit wedge shots off a small mat.

I feel like form is the main thing holding me back from getting the most out of my current speed. I guess I just worry that adding more speed will just make me go further right than further towards the hole.

I feel like form is the main thing holding me back from getting the most out of my current speed.

I feel you on this. I had a lesson yesterday and was enlightened to the fact that I wasn't keeping my arms straight through the takeaway and therefore the impact area. Did a couple drills to fix it and though speed has initially dropped because it feels weird, I actually netted the same or more carry distance and a WAY tighter grouping. I now need to figure out how to balance the takeaway correction drills with SuperSpeed training.

Guess I did ok with the takeaway at least speed wise - up a couple mph from Tuesday's session (below the line is today). Hit 116 with the green stick. Progress!

16481626951691241605445905834786.jpg

118/111/104 max with the green/blue/red sticks today. Couple more mph of progress!

That said, one question I have. I find that I am faster with the stationary swings than the stepping swings, is this just me? It seems like SuperSpeed expects you to get a little more, but it doesn't work out that way for me.

Speedsticks on the way. This is the year I'm getting back into shape a little more, started running for the first time since Covid hit, going to add in some SpeedGolf training too. I won't have a radar to measure progress, but I know where I consistently drive the ball on my home course, so that will be my measurement for now.

118/111/104 max with the green/blue/red sticks today. Couple more mph of progress!

That said, one question I have. I find that I am faster with the stationary swings than the stepping swings, is this just me? It seems like SuperSpeed expects you to get a little more, but it doesn't work out that way for me.

I’m faster standing than the step drill too.

I've been pondering going this route for a few days now.

Back