SuperSpeed Golf Review

When doing speed training does your speed correlate from iron to driver?
Driver shows 112 7 iron 90. Does this sound right? Is there a formula for this?
Yes i think so. I know my driver has gone from 100 to 110 and my 7 iron has increased too. I think its around 90 now

Yes i think so. I know my driver has gone from 100 to 110 and my 7 iron has increased too. I think its around 90 now

Those are killer results in a short time dude. I really need to get back into SuperSpeed after I get back from this next week of travel. I also plan to bite the bullet shortly and get a PRGR, I just really need to be able to track the progress a little more real time to keep myself motivated...

Those are killer results in a short time dude. I really need to get back into SuperSpeed after I get back from this next week of travel. I also plan to bite the bullet shortly and get a PRGR, I just really need to be able to track the progress a little more real time to keep myself motivated...
I'm trying to decide if i need the PRGR unit.
I feel faster already.
I did a little training pre XMAS.
I've done the training consistently since the the New Year.
I cannot wait to get to a driving range next month to see if I can match path/face at the new speeds.

I feel faster already.
I cannot wait to get to a driving range next month to see if I can match path/face at the new speeds.
I dont have a radar at home. I go to the sim once a week to check and keep a record. Great thing with the trackman I go to, it emails the session to you so i have records.
Like you, I could feel faster and the swish was coming at/after impact.
Youre going to see some great numbers when you test!!

Last edited:
I feel faster already.

I feel faster too but short of a sim golf session where I hit one drive 290 I just can't quantify it, which is making me struggle with motivation. I think if I actually see the speed changes real time it'll be easier to stick with it.

I feel faster too but short of a sim golf session where I hit one drive 290 I just can't quantify it, which is making me struggle with motivation. I think if I actually see the speed changes real time it'll be easier to stick with it.
I always use the radar. And absolutely it is a source of motivation and for me pushes me to work harder and try to achieve goals. I know there are those who don't use it and feel good and are getting good results and no doubt the program works whether or not you use a radar. But the things you have said remind me of me and how I feel about it and I have no doubt you will love using the radar.

Without doubt.
My first check after 3 or 4 weeks saw a modest rise to 104. I was happy it was up but i thought/felt faster than that. But i wasnt discouraged. 2 weeks later i checked again and I hit 108. Up to 110 now. I was over the moon!! I was so excited and it was the exct encouragement i needed.
Get to a sim as soon as you can. Its immensely beneficial to see the numbers rise

Weekly sim update. just started stage 2 of superpeed this week which adds the heel stomp.

im easily averaging 109 Driver and have peaked in previous weeks at 110. hit 111 And then 114 yesterday!!! Strike was pretty bad and ballspeed was 149 but i am absolutely amazed at my increase.

Weekly sim update. just started stage 2 of superpeed this week which adds the heel stomp.

im easily averaging 109 Driver and have peaked in previous weeks at 110. hit 111 And then 114 yesterday!!! Strike was pretty bad and ballspeed was 149 but i am absolutely amazed at my increase.

What was your ball speed before u began speed training ???

What was your ball speed before u began speed training ???
Mid December I went to the sim to see where I was Speed wise and I was around 97-99 on average with the odd 101. Thats when I decided to try Superspeed as I thought I was still around 105 but I just couldn't get near it. Now I can easily hit 110 and maxed at 114 (once)

I just turned 50 so I know I was slowing but it was worse than i thought.
I was in a sim about 10 years ago and have a screenshot showing 110 so I'm just trying to get back what I had and hopefully a little more.

Last edited:
When you guys do the routine do you try and make a normal feeling golf swing with solid form ? Reason I ask is when I did this 2-3 years ago I tried to just swing without any regard to form as I thought this was recommended by the Superspeed people. Like I’m talking falling over type swings. Nothing resembling my normal golf swing. Results were awful and it wrecked my swing and play on the course. Had to get it back by quitting and using the orange whip.

When I saw guys on YouTube adopting speed training they swung the sticks with the same form as their usual swing.
I got a new set of sticks but haven’t had a chance to use them and was wanting feedback before I do

Mid December I went to the sim to see where I was Speed wise and I was around 97-99 on average with the odd 101. Thats when I decided to try Superspeed as I thought I was still around 105 but I just couldn't get near it. Now I can easily hit 110 and maxed at 114 (once)

I just turned 50 so I know I was slowing but it was worse than i thought.
I was in a sim about 10 years ago and have a screenshot showing 110 so I'm just trying to get back what I had and hopefully a little more.

I was wondering about Ball Speed not club head speed.....I have gained clubbed speed using the stack system but cant seem to get the corresponding ball speed increase.

When u were at 100mph, what was the ball speed ?

When you guys do the routine do you try and make a normal feeling golf swing with solid form ? Reason I ask is when I did this 2-3 years ago I tried to just swing without any regard to form as I thought this was recommended by the Superspeed people. Like I’m talking falling over type swings. Nothing resembling my normal golf swing. Results were awful and it wrecked my swing and play on the course. Had to get it back by quitting and using the orange whip.

When I saw guys on YouTube adopting speed training they swung the sticks with the same form as their usual swing.
I got a new set of sticks but haven’t had a chance to use them and was wanting feedback before I do
I would describe it as an all out but in balance swing . The swing form is traditional just all out. I think balance and form using core strength is the way to go but they do say and I try to go one hundred percent all out and with everything I have while maintaining balance and form the same as I would swing with my driver.

I would describe it as an all out but in balance swing . The swing form is traditional just all out. I think balance and form using core strength is the way to go but they do say and I try to go one hundred percent all out and with everything I have while maintaining balance and form the same as I would swing with my driver.
That makes sense. I just know when I did it the last time, I would just take 3 rips without really stopping between swings. It wasn't pretty looking to say the least :)

I need to get back into the gym and work on my body before starting this back up as lately when I go to the range my lower back and glutes are usually sore cause I am so out of shape.

That makes sense. I just know when I did it the last time, I would just take 3 rips without really stopping between swings. It wasn't pretty looking to say the least :)

I need to get back into the gym and work on my body before starting this back up as lately when I go to the range my lower back and glutes are usually sore cause I am so out of shape.
The gym I go to has a back extension machine like the one in the picture. I have been using it for years and i think it really helps. I do my superspeed workouts at the gym on the nights i do legs and lower body. There is a room there that is perfect for that. If you get back to the gym i really think it helps and you will feel the difference .
0B270E1A-D58B-4EB5-B76E-DDADA7EEA9CB.jpeg

I was wondering about Ball Speed not club head speed.....I have gained clubbed speed using the stack system but cant seem to get the corresponding ball speed increase.

When u were at 100mph, what was the ball speed ?
Ball speed was around 145. Now its around 160.

Ball speed is a factor of strike quality. Once you get the speed you might need some lessons to help improve impact?

Superspeed green stick 137. Driver 120. If you are really looking for gains go check out Martin Borgmeier on YouTube.

Ball speed was around 145. Now its around 160.

Ball speed is a factor of strike quality. Once you get the speed you might need some lessons to help improve impact?

I believe there are some discrepancies in how smash factor is calculated....ive seen some terrible golfers get 1.47-1.49 smash factors while i often see some very good ball strikers ( Matty on TXG ) get smash factors of 1.4-1.42.

I here ya. Speed training can get chaotic with trying to maximize as much speed as possible and not focusing on your swing. For me, it was finding the right combination of focusing mainly on speed and working on my swing. I was actually able to implement the swing fixes during my speed sessions to increase speed and have a more efficient and effective swing. I used the RypStick and they have swing fixes and tips on their website and Instagram. They use speed training as an opportunity to improve your speed while improving your swing. Might be a good resource for you to take a look at: https://rypstick.com/pages/swing-fix-training

Heavy kettlebells have been my biggest friend in speed training. Worth a look for everyone. Superspeed has helped a lot as well with converting power to speed, but power built through the round anvil with a handle.

I play stiff flex and am close to needing xstiff. Will making big gains with a speed training program impact my ability to play stiff flex? I’m just curious if anyone has had this issue or how it impacted them?
Thanks!

hahahahaha.......that would be a great problem to have. Its like having too much money and having to buy a bigger vault......ive been using the stack system and gained about 6 mph in swing speed, im already using a x-flex so there is no need to change.If anything im loading my shaft a little better. I think it just depends where u are in terms of swing speed and how u load and your tempo. If you were swinging 108 with a aggressive tempo and heavy load with a stiff flex, jumping up to 125 with the same tempo and swing load is gonna require a stiffer shaft

ee318c742aaa5c21198282d81d4048f9.jpg

Never in my wildest dreams. I thought 300 was long gone. Tight draw too. Now let’s get rid of this snow and get these courses open!!

Hit 300 quite a few times yesterday but dispersion wasn’t good for playing parameters.

Turned it down to 90% and was hitting tight draws down the middle to ~290 with 106 club speed. Pretty tight grouping.

I haven’t spent any time tuning it down to playing level with the driver yet. Red stick today hit 122mph. I’m hoping to play at 115mph. I’ve decided fully that 280-285 playable is better than 315 in the junk. I did the latter last year. Let it spin. I will draw it if I need to

Big results in here for a few of you! I still need to get me the PRGR but had another sim session with a couple drivers out in the 270 carry range so I'm seeing initial promising results. I think I still have a little bit of a mental block in actually swinging a club with the intensity necessary, so it takes me a while to get there in a given session. I also haven't really seen any increase with irons yet - but then I'm also still getting used to different shafts so it might take some time.

I think based on what Super Speed says, I should have another 3-4 weeks on Protocol 1 so I'm hoping I'll see something a little more concrete towards the end of that.

Back