SuperSpeed Golf Training and Testing thread

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
A few days ago several of us here on the THP forum were selected to test the SuperSpeed training system, this will serve as the testing thread.

If you aren't familiar with SuperSpeed Golf you can read all about their brand story which you can find here

• Admin
I received my package from SuperSpeed today and to my surprise it not only included the training system but also the PRGR Launch Monitor. I think thats very cool as now I have a way to track my speed and see gains as we go.

As you can see the training sticks are 3 gripped and color coded shafts with different weights on each one.

588F1747-F655-49AF-9F2A-BC2E1BB45E44.jpegD05C5A68-1709-4BA9-9448-7ECCB049B54B.jpeg4E23CDF2-FF57-4338-AB12-A410E311D474.jpeg11F05A44-5209-4ADE-9B94-10CF6184648B.jpeg

Is this the place for non-THP testers to share their journey as well?

I received my package from SuperSpeed today and to my surprise it not only included the training system but also the PRGR Launch Monitor. I think thats very cool as now I have a way to track my speed and see gains as we go.

As you can see the training sticks are 3 gripped and color coded shafts with different weights on each one.

View attachment 9157201View attachment 9157202View attachment 9157203View attachment 9157204
Great to see and I'm eager to hear how well the PRGR works too. I was browsing SupeSpeed site yesterday and thought about adding the monitor if I order one.

Following

That is really awesome that they included the monitor as well! Looking forward to following along and seeing how you guys fare in comparion to how I fare with the Stack System and SuperSpeed Squeeze.

• Admin
That is really awesome that they included the monitor as well! Looking forward to following along and seeing how you guys fare in comparion to how I fare with the Stack System and SuperSpeed Squeeze.
Yeah, I agree that’s really cool. Not something I was expecting.

2nd day of doing the warm ups to gauge how much extra time I'll need in the gym. put batteries in the launch monitor. Took it outside to make sure I was using it properly. Bright sun here and I could still read the screen easily! Got out the driver and was a bit disappointed with my numbers. Definity have work to do. About 20-25 swings and average was about 93-95. I did have about 3 swings in the 98-99 range, but those were coming out of my shoe swings that i wouldn't do on the course. Training starts in ernest tomorrow at 5:30 AM!

Looking forward to following along with this one. I’m curious about doing some speed training but wasn’t sure how it fits into lessons/etc. Are any of our testing group getting regular lessons?

Looking forward to following along with this one. I’m curious about doing some speed training but wasn’t sure how it fits into lessons/etc. Are any of our testing group getting regular lessons?
I started lessons in the fall. Have a couple left of the package I bought. Will probably get more. The first 3 have focused on swing changes and faults, but he did say we would be working on increasing speed once the swing was in better shape.

I don't know if my swing is there, but I'm doing this anyway.

View attachment 9157201View attachment 9157202View attachment 9157203View attachment 9157204
Love that lunch monitor. Excited to follow along!

I've found the PRGR to eat batteries a little bit so good to have some extras around in case it doesn't die mid workout

First observations- Warm ups took longer than workout. By the the time you get to the end of the workout the big red stick is a killer! Curious if others find starting out that their "off" side is 3-5 mph slower? It is a easy program to follow. Got a couple guys asking questions this morning, told them about the product and THP. They were shocked about this this community and the albatross club and its benefits. Invited them to follow along to see what's its all about. One guy went to the Super Speed web site to check it out.

Very interested to follow this. I can already see the tracking spreadsheet I’d be creating :ROFLMAO:

First observations- Warm ups took longer than workout. By the the time you get to the end of the workout the big red stick is a killer! Curious if others find starting out that their "off" side is 3-5 mph slower? It is a easy program to follow. Got a couple guys asking questions this morning, told them about the product and THP. They were shocked about this this community and the albatross club and its benefits. Invited them to follow along to see what's its all about. One guy went to the Super Speed web site to check it out.
I'm assuming you did this at the gym then? What was your timeline/timeframe?

Great to see this one starting off hot!!! Pretty awesome the PWGR was included for those to track your speed gains during the process!

I'm assuming you did this at the gym then? What was your timeline/timeframe?
I did. It was suggested that you do the warm up and drills before any actual workout. I didn't time it out but, would estimate the warmup was about 20 minutes for the first time and the drills were about 15 or so. I think the warm up will get a bit faster as I took my time and watched a couple on video's to make sure I was doing them correctly. I'll try and time it out for you on Wednesday morning.

@skeeterman , did the monitor pick up all of the swings successfully? I built a homemade SuperSpeed thing, but thinking I want to end up buying the real system with an actual monitor so I can better track my progress.

I did. It was suggested that you do the warm up and drills before any actual workout. I didn't time it out but, would estimate the warmup was about 20 minutes for the first time and the drills were about 15 or so. I think the warm up will get a bit faster as I took my time and watched a couple on video's to make sure I was doing them correctly. I'll try and time it out for you on Wednesday morning.
What did the warm up drills consist of?

Back