SuperSpeed Golf Training and Testing thread

Had a small window of time today to run into the backyard and get today’s session in between meetings. The Level 1 protocol is 39 swings knowing I was racing the clock anyway I timed the session for fun.
incoming-CB2AB160-F908-4EE4-B6AB-5D1B2422198D.png
So I got the session done in about 6 minutes. If you’re already loose the time commitment for over speed training isn’t actually that much.

My second session last week was better numbers wise. With weather I haven’t actually hit any balls in 5 days so I’m going to give myself a pass on this one.

In addition to the standard 3 sticks the package I got from super speed also came with the counter balanced stick. After the last set of program swings I did 5 hard swings with the CB stick. 103, 112, 113, 114, 111. It was nice to actually see numbers above 110.

Absolutely. The unexpected gain was that my dispersion also improved!
That is awesome to hear. Now I’m wondering if the swing speed radar unit is needed. I have a GC3 but you need to hit a ball.

That is awesome to hear. Now I’m wondering if the swing speed radar unit is needed. I have a GC3 but you need to hit a ball.
Yes, you need to have a radar unit. It will keep you motivated doing the protocols. A side note, I have a GC3 as well and found it to be exactly 1 mph less than the PRGR. The radar unit will measure your club speed as well, without a sticker.

During a workout, the only number I care about is the last lighter green stick swings at the end. You're motivated to swing harder (doing the last 3 swings). I then pull out my driver and swing away on the radar. I can compare that to my ending protocol numbers. I see an improvement in the driver every time.

In my opinion, a radar unit is very necessary to get the most out of SuperSpeed training. That said, I still have a long way to go and will probably never stop!

I've been quite happy with the Blast Golf sensors when doing the protocol. That's also a way to quantify the progress. Accuracy seems to be quite in line with what I've seen on my driver swings vs a Trackman.

Yes, you need to have a radar unit. It will keep you motivated doing the protocols. A side note, I have a GC3 as well and found it to be exactly 1 mph less than the PRGR. The radar unit will measure your club speed as well, without a sticker.

During a workout, the only number I care about is the last lighter green stick swings at the end. You're motivated to swing harder (doing the last 3 swings). I then pull out my driver and swing away on the radar. I can compare that to my ending protocol numbers. I see an improvement in the driver every time.

In my opinion, a radar unit is very necessary to get the most out of SuperSpeed training. That said, I still have a long way to go and will probably never stop!
Appreciate the insight. I’ve felt I’ve lost speed over the years and it is difficult to get over 97-99 mph with my driver without getting out of control these days.
@Mmaynard11 do not waste your time if you're not going to get some sort of radar unit.
That seems to be the consensus here. I mean what would the benefit if you didn’t know how you were progressing with the different sticks and only tracking speeds while hitting balls?!??

Appreciate the insight. I’ve felt I’ve lost speed over the years and it is difficult to get over 97-99 mph with my driver without getting out of control these days.

That seems to be the consensus here. I mean what would the benefit if you didn’t know how you were progressing with the different sticks and only tracking speeds while hitting balls?!??
It's not just that. You really have no incentive to increase your speed without it. It's all just theoretical.

It's not just that. You really have no incentive to increase your speed without it. It's all just theoretical.
Makes 100% sense.

I finally just sacked up and bought a new PRGR - If I break this one, that might be all she wrote

Excited to do another round of speed training

I finally just sacked up and bought a new PRGR - If I break this one, that might be all she wrote

Excited to do another round of speed training
I'm about to start one now too since I don't any major golf events in my near future.

I'm about to start one now too since I don't any major golf events in my near future.
Something I will be interested to monitor on my end.

When I did it the first go around for THP testing - Many days I did it, it was snowing - so wasn't worried about 'real' golf.

This time will be smack in the midst of golf season

Something I will be interested to monitor on my end.

When I did it the first go around for THP testing - Many days I did it, it was snowing - so wasn't worried about 'real' golf.

This time will be smack in the midst of golf season
Might be worth taking some iron swings afterwards so you don't get too locked into the upward driver swing. Just to re-center yourself.

Might be worth taking some iron swings afterwards so you don't get too locked into the upward driver swing. Just to re-center yourself.
I like that idea. The training is pretty quick so a few more swings is not a big deal. Good call

I like that idea. The training is pretty quick so a few more swings is not a big deal. Good call
When I was working on my driver swing with my instructor he'd always recommend that.

Makes sense - my iron swing is so s&*t right now I need some extra swings anyway :ROFLMAO:
Ugh. I could have hit only driver/putter last week and probably played better than I did.

Any videos found that help with a better release for more speed?

Yesterday did another session of level one. I pretty much did everything I could to not have great numbers in today’s session. I waited until the evening to do it, I hit balls at lunch, did a banded chest workout in the afternoon and jumped on the trampoline with my kid 5 minutes before the session to really toast the legs.

The good news is hitting balls at lunch had a couple of 108 swings which it the best so far this year and was steady at 105-107. So even without great numbers in the actual session I’m creeping back up with the actual driver in hand.

Also I’m really liking ending the session with 5-10 all-out swings with the counter balanced stick. Seeing the radar showing me the numbers I want to be at is some nice positive reinforcement.

Back