SuperStroke Ultra Slim 1.0

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Just put this one on my putter and will put it in play tomorrow morning.

UltraSlim-10-Header-150123a.png

Interests to follow your thoughts. I have the 2.0 on several putters and at times think it's too big. Maybe 1.0 is the answer.

• Admin
I should have some thoughts after the round. Just put it on with the air compressor and its on the Cure RX2.

Interests to follow your thoughts. I have the 2.0 on several putters and at times think it's too big. Maybe 1.0 is the answer.
This is me as well. Ive tried all the sizes except 1.0 and I dont really like them so perhaps the 1.0 may be it. Im just interested in the smaller sizes again

Put it on my #9 a couple months ago..absolutely love it. Seems to keep my wrists from breaking down.

The 1.0 is the only SS I liked. Tried the 2.0 and 3.0 and they were not my cup of tea.

Looking forward to your thoughts. I've got the 3.0 on my SeeMore. It felt big at first but I'm starting to feel comfortable with it.

Love my 1.0's, its why its on about 20 of my putters. :alien:

It's a good grip. I know a ton of poeple like the 2.0 size so your thoughts will be interesting. I've settled on the 17 inch belly 1.3 diameter for my counterbalance and I've decided it's the grip for me forever. Now I need to buy up the remaining US stock.

On a side note, I was cleaning up around my place and happened upon some special editions from the US Open and the PGA in 2013. I guess I didn't sell them all. :)

Last edited:
I got one of these on offer a couple of weeks ago. There was a deal going where you could buy 10 2fore1 vouchers (basically half price green fees) and they would send you a free SuperStroke Ultra 1.0 I put it on my putter and proceeded to putt better than I ever have in my life. Feels superb, and keeps everything still and steady. I love it....look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!

a26189026a8985648a5ebae4c96ca7a9.jpg

Do you have a regular grip to compare with?

It looks good though.

That one sure looks sharp.

Love the 1.0, absolute perfect grip size for me.

The 1.0 is a fantastic putter grip. Looking good Josh.

Love the 1.0. Have had several in the past. Probably one of my favorite grips.

I've got a 3.0 on my m7 right now and contemplating going a bit smaller. This certainly fits the criteria.

The 1.0 is just a tad small for me. I'm a SS2R guy and have that grip on all my putters now.
I won one of these and really need to get it on my putter. It's the same diameter as the 1.0 (both are 1" diameter) but I imagine the SS2R feels much different in hand (and 40g heavier). I'm trying to decide how I want to put it on ... have it sort of like a Garsen grip, or normal.

JB, with the massive head weight of your Cure putter do you have extra weights in the butt of the shaft to counterbalance it with a normal grip installed, or is it just really head heavy now?

It does feel a bit beefier in hand compared to the 1.0 IMO. And I like the added weight.

I don't know if you'll get the same feel as the Garsen grip though.
Yeah, I presume I'll like the added weight giving me a bit of a CB feel. I just wondered if I wanted both thumbs on the same flat surface, or have one of the edge's between my thumbs. I may just install regularly though, since that's how the 1.0 is.

JB, with the massive head weight of your Cure putter do you have extra weights in the butt of the shaft to counterbalance it with a normal grip installed, or is it just really head heavy now?
I don't play counter balance. I play a head heavy putter that is high moi.

The 1.0 is the only SS I liked. Tried the 2.0 and 3.0 and they were not my cup of tea.

This is me too. I don't like oversize grips - I think you lose your feel for the club head with them. The real reason I switched to the SS 1.0 is I love the "no taper" feel of it. I wish there was a wider variety of non-tapered grips.

Really good 1st day with it. Not a lot to report other than I putt fairly well today and will continue to test it out.

I have been using the 1.0 for a while and love it

I have only played the 3.0. I love my super stroke, I don't know if I will ever switch from it. I might go a little smaller and give the 1.0 a try though.

Back