SWAG Putters Thread

SWAG Putters Thread

Here I thought he’d say he was a cannonball champ at the club pool with a splash like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting read. I'm all for start up company mindset and culture, for unique branding and creating a great product...but seriously I can't get past that bull **** name and some of the design? It's a tough market out there in my mind and appearance and style are important to me, especially at 600 bucks or whatever

A good read on the "making of swag" which includes some background on Nick.

https://puttertalk.com/the-making-of-swag-golf/

Yet they don’t seem to have an issue selling out their limited stuff at those prices.

To me Swag is a breath of fresh air in a tired boutique market.
Obviously not for everyone, but they are doing a lot of things very right.

Having seen Jman and Sposey's putters up close (and Sposey's for an entire round as my cartner, the Swag putters are fantastic in both quality and performance. But from a strictly materials and manufacturing standpoint, Nick (great name, BTW) is doing something that no one else is in terms of milling, which has to be seen in person to truly appreciate. His putters remind me of custom race car parts or aircraft parts, everything milled to such a tight tolerance and detail.

You can hate the swag, or the silver roosters, but you can't hate the result of the craftsmanship, because it is fantastic.

Yet they don’t seem to have an issue selling out their limited stuff at those prices.

It's personal preference, you know that. To some it's great value, to others it makes no sense.

There's no question that Swag can work with the numbers they have in play. Not exactly a plethora of open stock available for purchase on the site right now, and he's not shy on releasing. Doing it in quantities that can keep it niche and bother some people but that really doesn't matter. Nick clearly isn't attempting to mass produce at a mass produce number.

I'm a mid 90's, early 2000's scotty snob more than anything, some of the best designed putters IMO

Also, I'll take his decades of experience and style in creating well crafted milled putters over some idiot who thinks a silver cock is clever

You mean the idiot who’s got a decades old experience in the industry with both Scotty AND Betti?

Having seen Jman and Sposey's putters up close (and Sposey's for an entire round as my cartner, the Swag putters are fantastic in both quality and performance. But from a strictly materials and manufacturing standpoint, Nick (great name, BTW) is doing something that no one else is in terms of milling, which has to be seen in person to truly appreciate. His putters remind me of custom race car parts or aircraft parts, everything milled to such a tight tolerance and detail.

You can hate the swag, or the silver roosters, but you can't hate the result of the craftsmanship, because it is fantastic.

I have two very unique Circle T putters, and quality for quality these easily stand toe to toe.

I’m really waiting for the concierge service or at least be able to stop in and get fitted for a putter. Hoping to do that with a round or two down in the Chicago area.

To me Swag is a breath of fresh air in a tired boutique market.
Obviously not for everyone, but they are doing a lot of things very right.

not to mention their customer service is by far the best around

But from a strictly materials and manufacturing standpoint, Nick (great name, BTW) is doing something that no one else is in terms of milling, which has to be seen in person to truly appreciate.

Can you expand on that at all? Just curious on what is actually that different.

I’m really waiting for the concierge service or at least be able to stop in and get fitted for a putter. Hoping to do that with a round or two down in the Chicago area.

Heck, I’m 10 minutes from them, and would like to do the same. They actually drove out to my office to swap a putter with me when I received one which was intended for someone else by mistake in the initial release. LOL.

Take the new flow neck, for example... That was completely milled out of one piece of stock. Normally, the neck and head on flow necks are two peices with then a join happening.

SWAG Putters Thread

From the article on putter talk:

“What Swag is most excited about right now it the release of the Suave One putter. ‘This is a completely milled swan/flow neck putter that was milled that way. No bending. No torches. What you see when you buy a Suave One is exactly how it came off the mill. We’ve been working a long time on this putter, and it’s seriously fantastic.’”

That’s no polish, no working, no bending, no weld lines. That means that it’s made to thousandths of a degree in variation. The milling lines overlap in a specific and uniform way. It’s like looking at a work of art in same instances.

Except for @sposey013168 ‘s. He doesn’t take care of his stuff and now his putter is rusty. Quite a shame, really.

From the article on putter talk:

“What Swag is most excited about right now it the release of the Suave One putter. ‘This is a completely milled swan/flow neck putter that was milled that way. No bending. No torches. What you see when you buy a Suave One is exactly how it came off the mill. We’ve been working a long time on this putter, and it’s seriously fantastic.’”

That’s no polish, no working, no bending, no weld lines. That means that it’s made to thousandths of a degree in variation. The milling lines overlap in a specific and uniform way. It’s like looking at a work of art in same instances.

Except for @sposey013168 ‘s. He doesn’t take care of his stuff and now his putter is rusty. Quite a shame, really.

Rust is our friend my brother

In addition to sposey, for those with the raw carbon heads, are you letting yours rust? If not, how are you keeping the rust away?

I don’t know how you would keep rust away, they are designed to rust? Just like a raw wedge does.
The putter does not rust real fast though

If you don’t want rust do not get a raw would be my advice

I don’t know how you would keep rust away, they are designed to rust? Just like a raw wedge does.
The putter does not rust real fast though

If you don’t want rust do not get a raw would be my advice

Oh, I'd want rust, and that's what I expected, but BigDill's comment just got me thinking.

Oh, I'd want rust, and that's what I expected, but BigDill's comment just got me thinking.

He was just busting my balls haha

Back