Great info hawk.

They are tacky, and our review will be out on them next week. But there is something there I do not particularly care for and that is in humid conditions they get almost slimey.

Slimy in Florida's humidity is not good. I remember Tacky Mac as an Avon brand is this still true or did someone buy out Avon?

Slimy in Florida's humidity is not good. I remember Tacky Mac as an Avon brand is this still true or did someone buy out Avon?

Avon is still Avon. I play their D2X's (Just like GP new decade multi's) exclusively. Good stuff.

Another great review JB!! They do look sweet on the clubs, but I think the getting dirty issue would be the same for me. I like my clubs clean! White grips make a statement and they don't make that statement if they are dirty. Can I ask what grips you usually use? I'm tossing around the idea of getting my clubs re-gripped in the back of my mind.

Another great review JB!! They do look sweet on the clubs, but I think the getting dirty issue would be the same for me. I like my clubs clean! White grips make a statement and they don't make that statement if they are dirty. Can I ask what grips you usually use? I'm tossing around the idea of getting my clubs re-gripped in the back of my mind.

Sure, I play either Golf Pride Decades or Win PCI.

Another great review. I really like the look of the white grips. I got a chance to hit with these myself and they are definitely tacky and I am with you, I would not get them in white. The tackiness just picks up every piece of dirt it can and they become grey very quickly.

I decided to give these grips a go just for the halibut. I normally play Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cords. Put one on my 5I which I trying an experiment on with a Aerotech 80 gram shaft and didn't want to drop $8 bills on a grip for a shaft that I might or might not continue to play. So all that said what a nice grip very tacky and soft enough to be comfortable. With my health condition my hands are a little sensitive and the GP's are a little rough on them during a round. It was very warm here today with high humidity and i didn't notice any sliminess that has been talked about. I was interested how they might play in wet conditions so before one using the club I poured water over the grip and my hands including my glove. stepped up to the ball and put it on the green from 175 out no slipping or the like. I'm going to continue the experiment but even if it fails the grip will find it's way onto more of my clubs. By the by I got a blue one not the white.

Bringing up a ghost of christmas past here, as I see this thread is over a year old.

If it has not been posted, I wanted to share how to clean white grips. Try using Colemans fuel, from Walmart. Put some on a towel, and wipe clean. Works well. Also hear brake cleaner works like a charm.

Does anyone know if the full cord grips still have the same tacky feel as the itomic's?

Back