Tater Tots - prove me wrong.

Are tater tots closer to hashbrowns or french fries?

• You've blown my mind - I never ... you son of a gun you're right! (Hashbrowns)

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • Get out and take your food thoughts with you! (French Fries)

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • xThor...

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
Off the topic kinda but I love tots in the airfryer....they get so nice and crispy

You do you my man, but they aren’t closer and it’s why i included the other aspects.

And FWIW that’s not a hash brown no matter how it’s labeled.
Tomato tomato

I agree

Tomato tomato
No, see those are the same things.
It’s like saying meatloaf and a burger are the same. Sure they both have ground beef, well as I said you do you. Maybe the plunger experience is a different life 🤣🤣🤣

No, see those are the same things.
It’s like saying meatloaf and a burger are the same. Sure they both have ground beef, well as I said you do you. Maybe the plunger experience is a different life 🤣🤣🤣
If I end up getting fries at Ballyhack I’m eating them with a fork out of spite😂

No, this is not correct.
The only thing they have in common with hashbrowns is that they are both shredded potatoes.

They are not cooked the same, or even cooked in the same vessel.
They are used with dipping sauces unlike most hashbrowns.
They are not eaten the say way, unless you are a weirdo.

This pretty much sums up what I was thinking better than I could have written it.

ok, he deep fried potato cake from McDonalds IS NOT a hash brown. Arbys used to serve them all day as "potato wedges"

I can see both arguments. @JB assessment is right on so even though I do agree with the shredded aspect being the same his cross examination makes me side with him

They are closer to fast food hash browns (a la McDonalds or CFA), but not diner style hashbrowns.

I'll disagree with JB's well assembled argument. Same thing, different form factor.

ok, he deep fried potato cake from McDonalds IS NOT a hash brown. Arbys used to serve them all day as "potato wedges"

I'm sorry - did you just invent a new type of cake sir?!

I'll disagree with JB's well assembled argument. Same thing, different form factor.
So by this logic, meatloaf and burgers are the same, because they are the same main ingredient, despite assembled, made and eaten differently.
Makes perfect sense.

They are definitely a little hashbrown. Both I am assuming are the left overs of french fries being created (the shavings that don't fit). Some are compressed to hash brown, some are compressed to a tot, some a crown.

But all of them are delicious.

So by this logic, meatloaf and burgers are the same, because they are the same main ingredient, despite assembled, made and eaten differently.
Makes perfect sense.
We already had this fight: (meatloaf vs meatballs)

Somewhere in one of those pages there's an argument (I think it's this thread at least) that says they are the same thing even though they have different almost everything.

I get they are both shredded potatoes but that is kinda where it stops for me.

Have you never been to Arbys. They are literally called Potato Cakes.

I have not - or I should say I have never ordered from there.

I'm on a one man crusade to shut down Arby's I very much so dislike one specific person that is a manager at one of those. Also, I didn't grow up with it and until I moved to where I am now I've never had one in the town I have lived in.

This really is the thread that keeps on giving.

I mean, are we comparing the tots to McDonald's preformed hashbrown oval (more like a tot) or real hashbrowns (not a tot at all)?

Also, I didn't grow up with it and until I moved to where I am now I've never had one in the town I have lived in.

There it is.
You can always tell the midwest food takes (and apparently Buffalo) show how little a person gets out of their lane :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tator Tots are not a thing at all here. Much bigger in the US......i do enjoy my fries though.

Tots are closer to hashbrowns than they are to french fries.

hash browns are for breakfast with eggs.
french fries are for lunch with burgers.
tots are for dinner in a casserole.

and frankly, none of them are all that good. :eek:

Back