TaylorMade Announces a Subscription Service: MyTaylorMade+

I agree with the consensus that it's interesting. TM definitely comes up with some bright ideas to sell the product and make a whole lot of money. I hate some of them, but there's others that I just kind of have to respect. This one is smart imo.

If you buy a lot of drivers online, the try first is great value but if you go to a store even once, it doesn’t make sense.
yeah, I'm not sure who they are targeting so much except the rabid TM fans who are already dropping thousands a year probably, just wringing a little more out of them.

It’s probably not for me, but TM is going to get a ton of data to use however they like and for those that want personalized video analysis 25 a month doesn’t seem like a bad deal. Depending on how good that coaching is.

Interesting, it's not for me, but I totally see how some will find value in it

Nah. I'm already in enough databases as it is. I don't want to enter another one.

Now, if the handicap was an official one that I didn't have to pay for, then I might use it because I won't pay Grint... but it doesn't sound like it is.🤷‍♂️

I've already got GPS in my ShotScope so there's no added benefit there.🤷‍♂️ And there's no incentive to try this app... so I won't.

With so many other apps out there, it just seems like just another one. Intrigued about the Tour Trash, but way better odds on THP of winning something more awesome.

I’m curious on the level of instruction in the $240 option. If it’s decent and I can work with an instructor all year for that price, that’s a steal.

I wonder if it is being offered in Canada, even the free version? Not that I am interested but my gut feel this is only US marketing program.

This is a fairly brilliant way for data collection and going DTC.
Where golfers play. Where they purchase.
Yeah and they extract a LOT of information on your habits just at install. Definitely get a feel for their goal there.

If you buy a lot of drivers online, the try first is great value but if you go to a store even once, it doesn’t make sense.

i don't know how the program works, but if it's a trial for a time certain, i think that's a helluva lot better than going to a store. i loved back when bridgestone had a similar program, and i think ben hogan golf did it too? how many times do we hear from the lunatic fringe that they can't swing indoors (btw this is how i am)? or that a club is great on the monitor then sucks on the course? here's a chance to get some real on-course testing, which is something stores don't offer.

The Tour Trash name, like @That post and @MWard said, is not good. For a brand that wants to elevate perception, labeling any of their products as part of “trash” just seems counterintuitive to me.

i actually don't hate it. a play on "one man's trash." the name "swag" seems of a similar ilk to me.

i don't know how the program works, but if it's a trial for a time certain, i think that's a helluva lot better than going to a store. i loved back when bridgestone had a similar program, and i think ben hogan golf did it too? how many times do we hear from the lunatic fringe that they can't swing indoors (btw this is how i am)? or that a club is great on the monitor then sucks on the course? here's a chance to get some real on-course testing, which is something stores don't offer.
Nobody around here does. In can at my club but they don’t carry taylormade

With the advent of launch monitors, the demo programs at the local stores all disappeared. I liked it much better when you could go check out a driver for a day or two and get a true feel for it.

Yeah and they extract a LOT of information on your habits just at install. Definitely get a feel for their goal there.
When I saw that as well as the T&Cs, there was NO way I was installing it.

Interesting play. Makes sense. There is probably so much seasonality and lumpiness in revenues. Building out some ARR definitely helps.

While i dont think its a terrible effort on their part to gather data and provide some cool stuff and feedback and opportunities.......Im off the "heres all of my data so you can track everything i do" train and have been for quite a while. I limit that stuff as much as i can. Why? Because.

I dont see this being much different that the Scotty subscription service with more content......but lets get something straight. This is to track how and what and when you do golf stuff.....anywhere.

When I saw that as well as the T&Cs, there was NO way I was installing it.
It is like the new apps that a insurance companies are trying to get you to install on your phone so that they can monitor your driving habits. No thanks

It is like the new apps that a insurance companies are trying to get you to install on your phone so that they can monitor your driving habits. No thanks
It always reminds me of an old skit from the man show as a joke. Where they were asking people to sign their petition to end women's suffrage...Far too many people didn't know what the word meant and thought it had to do with suffering so signed away.

I'm not in for a cancellation later this year or next. I will try free for the HCP, but doubtful they do it better or more compelling than diablogolf

Some of you are funny about being tracked... Searching the internet at some of our favorite websites is being tracked... TaylorMade wants to track the fact that I play golf at xyz golf courses ok... Let them... Does not matter to me.

Last edited:
given my other gadgets and apps (rangefinder, shotcope V3 and the Grint (which continues to aggravate me), i don't see paying for all of this. i played the old one for a while and thought it was pretty good.

This is a fairly brilliant way for data collection and going DTC.
Where golfers play. Where they purchase.
That's basically all it is IMO. Our data is much more valuable than many people realize. Feels like TM should be paying us for it but that's obviously not the way of any market much less the golf market.

It's not particularly innovative, the GPS is built on the back on another service, and the 'promotions' seem very poorly thought out. It's a data collection tool.

I'm not in for a cancellation later this year or next. I will try free for the HCP, but doubtful they do it better or more compelling than diablogolf

Some of you are funny about being tracked... Searching the internet at some of our favorite websites is being tracked... TaylorMade wants to track the fact that I play golf at xyz golf courses ok... Let them... Does not matter to me.
Eh, for me it's less about being tracked and more about the value of my data. If I'm going to give a company my data it needs to return some more value to me than what TM is offering here.

Last edited:
I think this is backward! You would be paying the price of a fitting to TMAG to do it yourself without equipment or other options (unless you send it back for a new one). And then you buy the club at full price.

I think this is backward! You would be paying the price of a fitting to TMAG to do it yourself without equipment or other options (unless you send it back for a new one). And then you buy the club at full price.

it comes with other benefits though 🤷🏻‍♂️

My first thought was that it would be a good data connection for them, reading thry the comments it sounds like others had the same thought.

It is what it is, but I don't think I will be installing it currently.

This does nothing for me. If this last a year, I would be surprised.

Back