TaylorMade Announces a Subscription Service: MyTaylorMade+

The free version is about as far as I would go with this.

I mean…it’s finally TM being creative so that’s not a bad thing. But I still can’t help but wonder….why. No doubt hardcore TM fans will be all over it, so it’s a win for them.

Interesting concept and I like the idea of ‘trying before buying’ but at the price point for you hat option I’d expect a bit more trying would be available beyond just driver…. So probably a pass for me

Tour trash is an awful marketing idea/name, wish you could try before you buy their whole line up(I know special releases/limited edition wouldn't be includee), but it does seem like a good idea and innovative. Saying that I don't think this is for me. I am sure TM fans will jump on this.

This is a fairly brilliant way for data collection and going DTC.
Where golfers play. Where they purchase.

wow... interesting... I think some in the marketing department might want to rerun some of the naming conventions and those conversations that were had.

Overall - not seeing a need for this app.
I think it’s TM marketing that makes me quickly pass on anything with the TM name. I’m sure their products are better than the perception I have of them due to their marketing approach.

Reminds me of the Team Callaway boxes that were sold several years ago for a chance to get one off limited edition stuff. This one seems to enhance that with all the extras and no doubt TM fans will enjoy having this option.

I'd give the free one a go out of curiosity.

Kinda feels like the 18Birdies app + TaylorMade stuff. Feels like not the best value for the top tier since it's 2x the cost of something like Arccos.

Do we know if this will replace the myroundpro or is this something completely separate from that? Only ask because of the GPS element of it. I remember using that in the past, but it never seemed to evolve.

I didn't say whether or not I considered it trash or treasure... 🤣🤣🤣
Just trying to shoehorn an IASIP quote in there somehow 🤝. In all seriousness I don’t know I’m enough of a TM fanboy to make a paid subscription subscriber out of me. I also don’t know if I want using the free app and their scoring tracking seeing me have a rough day off the tee box and watching my sponsored ads be nothing but the Stealth for the next two weeks….”oh hey we noticed your 🚛🚛🚛 off the tee.”

Just trying to shoehorn an IASIP quote in there somehow 🤝. In all seriousness I don’t know I’m enough of a TM fanboy to make a paid subscription subscriber out of me. I also don’t know if I want using the free app and their scoring tracking seeing me have a rough day off the tee box and watching my sponsored ads be nothing but the Stealth for the next two weeks….”oh hey we noticed your 🚛🚛🚛 off the tee.”

I have the current MyTaylorMade App on the phone and watch. I tried it once or twice and it was fine- when I got it to work. My problem is that I wear two gloves. And gloves and touch screens aren't very compatible. Not really a "stats" or numbers guy, so I thought it might be okay just for yardages, score, etc... First time I used it, it locked up (not glove related) on first tee and had to reset it. Plus- I'm not a phone on course guy, either. And I found that the watch app didn't really like not having the phone in range. So, while I have a few different apps on the phone and watch, I don't actually use them at all. I have my laser and my Swami, and that's what I use. Free or not, I'll take a pass.

Can't see myself paying for that but kudos for trying something different I guess.

At the paid price points I expected some sort of hard good, like the inclusion of some golf balls or an exclusive head cover or something. I’m not sure I see the end user value here, but what do I know. The irony is not lost on me that you get “free” TaylorMade swag like an umbrella and golf balls when you purchase the GolfNow membership, but don’t when you purchase the TM memberships. And the GN one is cheaper.

The Tour Trash name, like @That post and @MWard said, is not good. For a brand that wants to elevate perception, labeling any of their products as part of “trash” just seems counterintuitive to me.

This seems very odd to me.

I don't see me doing it, another prescription service and i don't buy that much from them so......no

May try the free app just to see how the GPS is on course.

I see very few people opting in for the most expensive version. Lots will try the free one. I would love to see the correlation down the road between those who sign up for the free one and how often they then purchase TaylorMade clubs.

I see very few people opting in for the most expensive version. Lots will try the free one. I would love to see the correlation down the road between those who sign up for the free one and how often they then purchase TaylorMade clubs.
If you buy a lot of drivers online, the try first is great value but if you go to a store even once, it doesn’t make sense.

Back