Taylormade Customer Service

NoLine

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
:at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

So the polymer in my RSi 1 5 iron falls out about 2 weeks ago. These were on irons special ordered directly from Taylormade. I called over 2 weeks ago to get the 5 iron replaced, get my RA number and told it will be there shortly. Fast forward and 2 weeks go by and no 5 iron. So I call customer service and after sitting on hold 10 minutes the guy I get tells me he can't help me because the rep I dealt with (names purposely left off this post) didn't put any notes into the system. He then tells me he'll send me over to him however I end up in a general mailbox. Call back, another 10 minutes on hold then up with another rep who goes through the same song and dance. The interesting trend is that no one is offering to help or rectify the matter, just kick me down the line. So I do the usual thing and ask for the faceless supervisor only to end up in another voicemail inbox. A few minutes pass and the original rep from 2 weeks ago calls me back and says the one thing that sets me off, "sorry about this, I've dealt with like a 1000 people over the past 2 weeks and things fall through the cracks". The issue is now being addressed, allegedly but the damage is done in my mind.

This is no way to run a railroad, very disappointing on many fronts.

TMAG rep said: "sorry about this, I've dealt with like a 1000 people over the past 2 weeks and things fall through the cracks"

Perhaps some indication as to why their revenues dropped 28% this past year?

Hound them until they make it right.

yup that's frustrating. Hopefully at the end of the day though it is made right.

Man that stinks NoLine, I'm glad you got resolution but it's a shame that you had to go through so much to get it. Mine is coming out too but after reading this I'm just going to let it fall out lol, I don't like the runaround.

Stinks to hear that some rather new irons are already having construction issues. Stinks worse to have to deal with cruddy customer relations people. Stuff like this goes unnoticed until it completely rots out a company, as it just kills repeat business.

Wow this is really surprising to hear they gave you the runaround - did they at least give you a tracking number to see where the replacement club is in relation to coming to you?

Hope they square it up with you ASAP NoLine. I know how you feel. I'm currently dealing with similar frustration (different club and QC issue) and resolution is now well past when it was promised. Fortunately I'll likely see the same Callaway rep, face to face, at a demo day in a couple hours. Hopefully I can get my own problem back on the fast track again. Frustrating for sure. Best of luck to you with your issue.

Last edited:
May not be a good sign that the TM rep has "dealt with like a 1000 people over the past 2 weeks". You've got to wonder how many of these concern quality issues.

Sorry to hear this NoLine. I hope they get this resolved for you. I have issues with being left hanging by customer service. They're there for one reason, and it sounds like they dropped the ball here.

May not be a good sign that the TM rep has "dealt with like a 1000 people over the past 2 weeks". You've got to wonder how many of these concern quality issues.

I wouldn't take seriously what someone said randomly in conversation while trying to push the blame somewhere else.

Sorry to hear that man, Ive had nothing but the best from taylormade in my experience and they have been by far the most helpful when I've death with them. Hope u get it worked out

i can think of several apex irons i've seen on used racks with the polymer missing. now to hear about issues with the rsi. wondering if that's a trend with all polymer insert irons?

Perhaps some indication as to why their revenues dropped 28% this past year?

Hound them until they make it right.

I think they've over marketed and people just see through their BS now.

Thanks for the comments guys. I have a tracking number, this wasn't a knock on TM but the attitude. Spending my entire adult life in a consulting and sales environment I'm continually shocked when organizations allow their first line of defense to become the weakest part of the organization.

suprising every time i have called they have been great

I had a problem with them and their Rocketbladez, one iron after another had issues with something coming loose and running up and down the shaft. I went a month without irons in the middle of the summer, it was a joke but what was most insulting was the TM rep was telling me I had put tees in the holes at the end of the grip and they'd snapped off, I was livid he said I was doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This validates y I stay away from them. I can't stand anything about the company honestly.

So the polymer in my RSi 1 5 iron falls out about 2 weeks ago. These were on irons special ordered directly from Taylormade. I called over 2 weeks ago to get the 5 iron replaced, get my RA number and told it will be there shortly. Fast forward and 2 weeks go by and no 5 iron. So I call customer service and after sitting on hold 10 minutes the guy I get tells me he can't help me because the rep I dealt with (names purposely left off this post) didn't put any notes into the system. He then tells me he'll send me over to him however I end up in a general mailbox. Call back, another 10 minutes on hold then up with another rep who goes through the same song and dance. The interesting trend is that no one is offering to help or rectify the matter, just kick me down the line. So I do the usual thing and ask for the faceless supervisor only to end up in another voicemail inbox. A few minutes pass and the original rep from 2 weeks ago calls me back and says the one thing that sets me off, "sorry about this, I've dealt with like a 1000 people over the past 2 weeks and things fall through the cracks". The issue is now being addressed, allegedly but the damage is done in my mind.

This is no way to run a railroad, very disappointing on many fronts.

The answer is in your signature: :callaway:

I was a tailor made fan for along time.... I purchased a black superquad in 07 I think... After the second round a weld came loose and had a significant rattle in the head... I called them as it was a custom order from them... They had me send it back... They had it for 2 months.... Sent it back and to resolve the rattle some rocket scientist filled the club head with expanding foam lol.... Club was unusable after that and they refused to replace it.... I will never purchase one of their products again.... Taylormade is tailored for the sucker of golf gimmicks... Lol

Bad experiences happen and I think you're right to be annoyed in this instance. Hopefully they can improve the next time around.

As for the sky is falling comments afterwards - they are unsurprisingly overboard. Just last week we had somebody call for a similar issue and get a positive response very quicly. We've seenn dozens of positive interactions with the company.

Over the years I probably had to contact them 3 or 4 times and received great service each and every time.

I can personally say that my recent interaction with them, they have gone above and beyond what I would have expected. My request isn't completely fulfilled yet, so I can't comment in its entirety. But I have no doubts they will come through and far exceed what I wanted.

Back