TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Putter - Forum Review

I would go with the 38 based on this. It will allow you to grip in the 34-35 rang and see all the benefits of the counterbalanced/backweighting technology. When you get one please post your thoughts here. It will be fun to hear your comparison between the 3 types of putters.

ok whats your currently hcp ?

my hcp is 12.6 and i have bettween 36-40 putts per round

I think that this putter will be able to help almost anyone, and I bet that if you can lower your putts easily you'll be a deadly player. I usually have about 26-29 putts per round since I got this putter (used to have about 32-36) and I'm still a 10.0. That means that you could be scratch :)

Last edited:
At the weekend i had round with 38 putts and 1 9 hole with 17 putts.

My Problem is i dont know how to grip the putter right

How do you grip it?

I think that this putter will be able to help almost anyone, and I bet that if you can lower your putts easily you'll be a deadly player. I usually have about 26-29 putts per round since I got this putter (used to have about 32-36) and I'm still a 10.0. That means that you could be scratch :)

War what are you using as a reference point on the grip on where to place your hands? Or are you not using anything?

I've been using the spiders body for the thumb on my left(top) hand.

Im right handed, and have my left hand just at the start of the body of the spider. My right hand grips over top of the spider.

These are 2 good reference points for the grip. I put my left thumb on the spiders body.

I have a :taylormade: Rossa Monza Spider with a agsi insert, pretty much the same putter as the DLL except mine has the movable weight. Awesome putters, I've thought about upgrading to the DLL a few times but my Rossa is still in near perfect condition and it plays so well. So why fix what isn't broken.

Got this putter a couple months ago and love it. The longer counter balanced shaft takes some getting used to, but it's actually hard to not hit it straight. All you have to do is get your line and speed right and it does the rest. It's taking pushes and pulls completely out of my putting. Love it.

At the weekend i had round with 38 putts and 1 9 hole with 17 putts.

My Problem is i dont know how to grip the putter right

How do you grip it?

I pretty much use an interlock grip, but just grip it more in the palms than a normal swing.

This putter is ok for me. Still getting use to it as I'm not hitting it flush to me. Still pushing which is my fault. The roll of this putter is great

This putter is ok for me. Still getting use to it as I'm not hitting it flush to me. Still pushing which is my fault. The roll of this putter is great
How long have you been rolling it now, Rob?

How long have you been rolling it now, Rob?

This has been my third round. Good thing is when I miss whether it's 10 feet or 30 feet I'm barely missing. Just not sure I'm getting the alignment down yet. Love the feel of the ball of the face.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

This has been my third round. Good thing is when I miss whether it's 10 feet or 30 feet I'm barely missing. Just not sure I'm getting the alignment down yet. Love the feel of the ball of the face.

Yeah I agree you were in the ballpark of the cup all day but just off here and there. Your setting urself uo for easy 2 outts but some of those gotta drop eventually for ya.

The Pure Roll insert is one of my favorites.

I am a huge fan of the DLL, just an overall incredible putter for me. One of the things I grew quite fond of was my misses were within tap in range, and like you said, whether it was 10 feet or 30 feet, I was getting the ball close.

I agree with the alignment, I burned a lot of edges with the DLL. I think once you iron those out, you will be draining them.

The Pure Roll insert is one of my favorites.

I am a huge fan of the DLL, just an overall incredible putter for me. One of the things I grew quite fond of was my misses were within tap in range, and like you said, whether it was 10 feet or 30 feet, I was getting the ball close.

I agree with the alignment, I burned a lot of edges with the DLL. I think once you iron those out, you will be draining them.

Yeah pure roll is awesome. I think I got use to the smaller or mid mallet size and it's gonna take me a little longer to get use to bigger head. I was gonna wait til they released the mid mallet version but got a good deal on this one. I'm sure it will piece together eventually.

Yeah pure roll is awesome. I think I got use to the smaller or mid mallet size and it's gonna take me a little longer to get use to bigger head. I was gonna wait til they released the mid mallet version but got a good deal on this one. I'm sure it will piece together eventually.

Takes time to adjust to this one, for me it took a few weeks and a good bit of time on the putting green. I love the concept, and just adjusted over time. Now, I love it.

Takes time to adjust to this one, for me it took a few weeks and a good bit of time on the putting green. I love the concept, and just adjusted over time. Now, I love it.

If you dont mind and find time, can you tell me how you grip the club or post pics? I haven't quite figured out where to put my hands. I have just been making sure my left thumb is on the spiders body. Seems ok, just seeing how others go about it. I might not even be choked down far enough

Last edited:
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Putter - Forum Review

If you dont mind and find time, can you tell me how you grip the club or post pics? I haven't quite figured out where to put my hands. I have just been making sure my left thumb is on the spiders body. Seems ok, just seeing how others go about it. I might not even be chocked down far enough

That's what I was doing when I was testing it, I struggled with pushes as well.

Are you right hand low in your putting stroke?

Hi, i use the 35 inch dll putter, i used to have a very narrow stance when i putted with the previous spider and spider s putters but with the dll a wide stance is needed for the best control with the putter, my stance is a little more than 2 widths of the putter head and sometimes slightly more and i grip down to have my right thumb in line with the L on the legs part of the grip. This putter has saved a lot of shots in some of my rounds when everything else has gone wrong the putter helps make 10-15-20 foot putts because it keeps its line really well. It took a little getting used to but once i adjusted my stance it helps to save a lot of shots on a round of golf.

Would like to roll one of these, but no stores have them in stock in lefty :(

Been getting more and more comfortable with this putter. I rarely 3 put now anymore. I pretty much always get the speed right its just line that troubles me sometimes. This putter is very smooth, but there is a learning curve. I didn't do very good with it to start with, but once you get used to it, it putts the same way every time and is very stable.

Just have to say I'm making more putts outside of 6 feet with this putter than I have in a few years now. It's nice to have some confidence standing over longer putts knowing that if the ball isn't going in its darn close. Have to say this has been the best pick up for me this year.

Can't say enough good things about this putter. Had 28 putts today with 12 on the front 9 and had a few that were right in the jaws but 1 revolution short. Could have easily had 25 putts or less today. Even a friend of mine whom I haven\t played with yet this year made the comment that my ball striking was just as good as always but my putting was always my weakness. After today he says that's not the case anymore.

Gonna bring this one back to the top. I'm gonna be honest since I got my DLL I've only made maybe 1 putt over 15 feet. Granted I've only played 4 rounds or so. This past time out, this putter felt great. I made quite a few putts with some good distance. And alot of those 5-10 footers were dropping. Couldn't be happier with the way it went, hopefully I keep it up

Had my dll for about 4 months. I've finally found one bad thing to say about it. Cleaning it after a round in wet conditions :).

Back