TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Putter - Forum Review

UPDATE: I have played over 25 rounds with my DLL and my average putts per round has decreased by 4 and my Putting Average is now 2.1 per hole which is .22 lower than my previous putter (This is via my golf shot GPS tracker) and I will also note I havent been hitting the putting green as much as I used to so I'm confident in saying if I would have kept up my practice the difference would be even greater...

I recommend this putter 100%!

That's great mckeon. Sounds like you really have found something that works for you. 4 strokes per round improvement is crazy good...congrats.

I'm going to have to try one of these out. I hope Dick's has it because that is the only store around here that has clubs.

Going from a blade to this was interesting... but I absolutely swear by it now. To me after you stroke...errr..swing it a couole times you'll know. Im no engineer so I cant scientifically explain it but it just stays on the path. Once you get your distance control down it just becomes natural with this gem...

Going from a blade to this was interesting... but I absolutely swear by it now. To me after you stroke...errr..swing it a couole times you'll know. Im no engineer so I cant scientifically explain it but it just stays on the path. Once you get your distance control down it just becomes natural with this gem...

The biggest thing I noticed is you can hit the ball anywhere on the face and it will go straight as long as your putt is online. My old ping putter would drift the ball right/left if I hit it on the heal/toe. To me its one less thing to worry about... Having a measure of error to work with in regards to hitting the center of the putter face is nice.

Exactly. Ive never had confidence in a putter. Ive actually been able to establish a putting routine since I dont worry about anything but line and distance..the rest is in "the bag" lol

I had previously used the older Rossa Spider, and while I loved the face balance feel, I never really had confidence with distance control. Now with the longer shaft, there is some added stability for myself where I can now gauge distance significantly better while still using a classic putter grip. I don't know what to attribute that to other than the longer shaft. Will be trying this putter out on the course in the following week to see if this replaces my current scotty.

Of course my local Dicks didn't have one of these. Probably not worth $200 for an experiment to see if I like it since I've never even seen one in person.

Of course my local Dicks didn't have one of these. Probably not worth $200 for an experiment to see if I like it since I've never even seen one in person.

A thper is currently selling his on the marketplace for half that

It's all about the balance, GB. It is the most balanced putter that I have ever used. The stroke is almost effortless and the clubhead just stays on line. Line is rarely a issue. Reading the putt and getting the speed right is the key. The ball is going to go on the line you choose.

A thper is currently selling his on the marketplace for half that

Hmm. The one for sale is 35", and I typically use 34 or 35". What has been the experience of the other users that typically use 34"? Did they go with the 35 or 38?

Hmm. The one for sale is 35", and I typically use 34 or 35". What has been the experience of the other users that typically use 34"? Did they go with the 35 or 38?
When rolling a counterbalanced/backweighted putter like the DLL, TM recommends going slightly longer than your current putter. If you typically use a 34" or shorter, they say to go with the 35" putter so that you can grip down the shaft a bit and allow the extended length of the heavier shaft to extend through your grip to act as a back weight. The added length of the shaft adds some stability and control, and is pretty much the reason people are really flocking to these style of putters.

I use to use 33 and went with the 35. Its recommended thst you choke and inch or two down to help with the counter balancing...works amazing

I have just added this to my bag. I am going to transition away from my Odyssey 43" belly putter. I typically don't anchor, and where I grip is right about the 38" mark. I tried the DLL 38" at the store today and it was amazing how easy to hit the ball on line it was. With it's lighter weight I am a little concerned about long distance control (I expect to come up short a lot at first), but I have the winter to work on that. I tried pretty much every 38" putter at Golf Galaxy, and this one was the best for me.

For the next season (or until I feel 100% comfortable with the DLL) I will keep both in my bag. I have 12 non-putters in my bag so there is room.

Bought the 35" from the forum member. After one practice session, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wasn't crazy about the feel. I'm going to practice with it some more and see if I like it better after hitting it more. I couldn't tell the counterbalancing did anything for me.

Bought the 35" from the forum member. After one practice session, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wasn't crazy about the feel. I'm going to practice with it some more and see if I like it better after hitting it more. I couldn't tell the counterbalancing did anything for me.

Congrats. Give it some time and you will have it locked down

Got my first action with this today. Went out and played for two hours, playing one ball tee to green and dropping another in different places. I like this putter a lot. Coming from a belly putter this gives me the upright stance I like. It also is just as others say, this wants to be swung on a line. I don't recall any puts not going where I aimed.

Distance control will take practice, I left a lot short. But I just need to get used to the different feel compared to my odyssey.

Hey guys!
So I went to the store yesterday and tried out , ddl 35, tank, futura x, never compromise mallet and a few others.
Have to say the ddl was awesome. So easy to hole putts and was certainly easier to use than the others.
Unfortunately, stores in the uk only keep the 35 in stock.
I tried choking down on the 35 but I have to say my posture was not making me feel comfortable.
Has anyone got any feedback on the 35 vs 38 before I go ahead and order the 38?
seems a bit pointless to buy the 35 when I'm pretty much gripping at the top.
But I'm apprehensive about buying the 38 before hearing some direct feedback on it particularly.

Hey guys!
So I went to the store yesterday and tried out , ddl 35, tank, futura x, never compromise mallet and a few others.
Have to say the ddl was awesome. So easy to hole putts and was certainly easier to use than the others.
Unfortunately, stores in the uk only keep the 35 in stock.
I tried choking down on the 35 but I have to say my posture was not making me feel comfortable.
Has anyone got any feedback on the 35 vs 38 before I go ahead and order the 38?
seems a bit pointless to buy the 35 when I'm pretty much gripping at the top.
But I'm apprehensive about buying the 38 before hearing some direct feedback on it particularly.

I'll try and get to the basement tonight and snap off some photos of the 38" and how I hold it. That may help you?

That would be great.
I think my main concern is all these people talking about lack of distance control with this putter.
Its also a bit concerning that all the testers have already moved on!
Anyways I'm gonna order it I think.

That would be great.
I think my main concern is all these people talking about lack of distance control with this putter.
Its also a bit concerning that all the testers have already moved on!
Anyways I'm gonna order it I think.

I came from heavy belly putter, and I did notice the tendency to leave things short at first. But I believe this would be an issue with any new putter since no two putters are the same. It took me one practice session to get a relatively good feel of the changes that I'd need to be making my own stroke, for whatever it's worth.

I'm not a official reviewer but I game the 35 inch. If your posture doesn't allow you to grip the putter a few inches down then you should definitely get the 38. Gripping down makes all the difference...least to me.

Here you go. If tapatalk ruins these ill post better quality tomorrow morning.

image.jpg

image1.jpg

8e2upe6a.jpg

abe8anen.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome!
One of my concerns was regarding the putter coming through too much and interfering with clothing and stuff.
That clears that up.
Should be getting it on the 27th!

I finally found a 38"dll to try today. I'm not sure if it was the counterbalancing, the insert, or the no name balls they had on the putting green, but it just didn't feel right to me. I'll be back to test it several times before I pick my TM MC putter, but I really thought going in the dll was going to be a no brainer coming from a 2-ball.

Back