TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

I am not the most discerning with shape, so not sure I can help there.

Haha, I call shenanigans!

I understand what you’re saying. Seems to me they’re way more similar than we usually see, like with Callaway and even Cobra when they were doing two models the shapes were pretty different, I don’t get that sense here.

Haha, I call shenanigans!

I understand what you’re saying. Seems to me they’re way more similar than we usually see, like with Callaway and even Cobra when they were doing two models the shapes were pretty different, I don’t get that sense here.

You are probably right. I mean I play 3 different iron sets in my bag at once, so I am not the person that cares all that much about looks.
I do care about shafts though, sometimes, and once I yanked the Atmos like a boy before his first prom, and put in a quality shaft, this thing came alive.

To your eye how similar are the shapes at address?

They are very similar at address. Not enough of a difference to totally throw a person off, imo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You are probably right. I mean I play 3 different iron sets in my bag at once, so I am not the person that cares all that much about looks.
I do care about shafts though, sometimes, and once I yanked the Atmos like a boy before his first prom, and put in a quality shaft, this thing came alive.
Now that’s funny.

They are very similar at address. Not enough of a difference to totally throw a person off, imo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s awesome to hear, I was hoping you’d chime in on that. Thank you dude!

I was comparing them side by side in the store the other day and there really is very little, if any, difference. I think the M6 was very, very slightly stretched back from the face....but I’m not even gonna claim to be 100% sure there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was comparing them side by side in the store the other day and there really is very little, if any, difference. I think the M6 was very, very slightly stretched back from the face....but I’m not even gonna claim to be 100% sure there...

Agree with this here. Hit them side by side on Sunday and couldn't tell a difference. From playing the m5 all year, the only way you could looking down is if you have the weights in the back you can see it slightly sticking out. Other than that they look identical at address

8e7a29eb4ada37b33fc1b03f3076471d.jpg

Yikes.....may need to buy an M6 now. That is my drive (yellow ball way up from my father) with my buddies M6 driver. Longest I’ve ever seen on this hole.

50ca21386e53eeb0697e82a1cf0b916c.jpg

Crap...another blast... lol. M6 is fun

Enjoying my crow, while placing my M6 order!

What shaft are you going with?

He had the Proj X Hzdus black 6.0, so I’m going with that because i tell no lie I hit the longest drives I’ve hit with that setup. I dare not stray....
it wasnt a few fluke shots, consistently way past my ping. The course we played, I played in college and many, many times since. I hit 4 drives longer than any I can recall ever hitting there. And not just like maybe longer, like def longer. I was about 40 yards past my buddies and about 20 past my ping.

Order placed

He had the Proj X Hzdus black 6.0, so I’m going with that because i tell no lie I hit the longest drives I’ve hit with that setup. I dare not stray....
it wasnt a few fluke shots, consistently way past my ping. The course we played, I played in college and many, many times since. I hit 4 drives longer than any I can recall ever hitting there. And not just like maybe longer, like def longer. I was about 40 yards past my buddies and about 20 past my ping.

Congrats - Enjoy it!

M5 Tour

M5 Tour

Got my M5 Tour a couple weeks ago and finally played some golf in the last week. It is the best sounding driver I have ever hit/heard. So stealth and yet it just hits low spin piercing bombs.

Had tested the M5 when I came out. Hit it again at my demo center Wed against the Flash and my PXG. This thing has an interesting flight. Very boring.
Tried it with an Even Flow Red 45 Stiff which is an odd combo to see (lightweight stiff) but seemed to work for me.

I hit a couple that rolled out well longer than the other drivers.

I’d still need to prove it on the course before buying but left me intrigued.

The M6 is a pretty darn solid driver. Very similar numbers for me to the EXS from Exotics, which is a good thing. With so many super low spin drivers on the market, a steep player like me has lots of choices, but this one impresses me, as soon as I got the Atmos shaft mine came from out of it. That shaft just doesn't pair well with this one to me.

This club came to life for me with GD VR and GD IZ!

I’m jealous!!!! Still waiting here!

Ready for a throwdown though.

Where did you order yours from, James? I'm seriously considering an M6 now as well and I do have a few LAGP shafts heading my way :)

Where did you order yours from, James? I'm seriously considering an M6 now as well and I do have a few LAGP shafts heading my way :)

Will at Peoples Golf, best out there imo and he will hit every nuance I want with it.

Plus, it let me order the Ventus 6X. We are just waiting on him to get his next shipment of heads, should be soon.

Will at Peoples Golf, best out there imo and he will hit every nuance I want with it.

Plus, it let me order the Ventus 6X. We are just waiting on him to get his next shipment of heads, should be soon.

Don’t forget the THP coupon for him too

Indeed! And it was utilized, made it a much easier trigger to pull.

Is it simply - hey I'm a THP member?!

I am WAY JEALOUS of that combo, already! I may just end up in Oklahoma sometime this summer to see that one in person. :)

This club came to life for me with GD VR and GD IZ!

Have the AD IZ 6X being tipped up for the M6, should the Proj X Hzrdus Black go off for me...
: )

Back