Taylormade Performance Lab

Griz0613

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious as to if anyone has been through one of these fittings. I'm wondering if getting fit outdoors so I can see the ball flight through the process is better, or if I should just trust the process and go through this since I am given that option. Yay for 1st world problems huh...

Incase anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about

http://robinnigrogolf.com/taylormade-performance-lab

I have always been fit indoors, but put me down as one of the people that like to actually see the flight of my ball. Plus and maybe it is just a mental thing with me, but I feel swinging indoors changes your swing a bit, which would cause you not to get an honest fitting. But that is IMO. I am surprised that Nigro doesn't have an outdoors option with the benefit of a TrackMan.

There are a few threads on this as well as a couple of home page reviews filled with pictures. The TMPL in Orlando does both indoors and outdoors.

Basically I was curious as to what people's opinions were on indoor as opposed to outdoors. I decided to go ahead with the TMPL after reading the other reviews it seemed like the way to go. It was $300 & if I buy clubs from them they take $100 off, so figured I'd try it.

Wow is about the only thing I can say after today. What an experience this turned out to be. From the moment I walked in i knew I had made the right decision to get fit here. If you are looking to get fit & are able to try this, I would say do it without a doubt. Hit a few balls with a 6 iron, then went to driver, wedge, & ended with putter. Got all my read outs after wards, & went over them as well as club suggestions & headed out to the range. It suggested the r11s for me, which I enjoyed hitting but couldn't dial in. So I moved onto the RBZ's a could tell right away that was right. The fitter messed around with the shafts a little to get them right where we wanted them to be. Then we moved onto the driver, which the computer selected the RBZ for me. Took a hair of tinkering with & it was dialed in. With my old driver I had too much loft, but this was such a penetrating & true ball flight. I have never hit a straighter or longer drive in my life. Was able to walk out with the driver but have to wait on my irons & hybrid as they were special ordered after the fitting.

What a great experience that I can't say enough about. If you this available, do yourself a favor & try it, you won't regret it.

Just curious Griz, but did you end up with different shaft in your irons?

I honestly don't remember what shafts we decided to go with. It ran over time wise & I needed to head home quick for something so I couldn't say for certain. I'll let you know next week when they come in for sure as I know the current testers all have the stock shafts & a few people were curious as to how other shafts would perform.

I did get the True Temper DG XP S300's. Couldn't remember where this got asked at, been busy so haven't had much time to get out with these just yet

This is very cool Griz, I've thought all along I would some day make it to the performance lab, but not yet. Congrats, can't wait to see pic's of your new sticks and hear the final on course results.

Back