TaylorMade Qi10 Driver

Looks like an Aeroburner and SLDR had a baby

As a taylormade fan, can't wait to see how it hits, but just as interested in all the others this year!! Interesting name choice.

By looks of that alone feels like a step backwards to me. Gotta be a lot more going on under the hood though. Interesting shape. Definitely will be interesting to hear more and see better pics when the time comes.

Without going into too much detail, on a weight forward placement, less lateral movement can accomplish face closure rates differently.
That explains a lot about some previous designs and my shot shapes with my current driver.

The bottom of the driver looks more angular than the Stealth 2 Plus. I had to pull my son’s head cover off to take a look. I’m assuming it’ll be barely visible at address. The LS branding is an interesting choice. I wonder if there’s going to be a bigger spin difference or if it’s to help recognize that this is the lowest spinning model in their lineup.

One of most common traits of draw biased drivers is weight on the heel side of the driver. I'd say the sliding weight track plays a slightly less pronounced role in that, but toe vs heel side weighting still has to impact presentation into the contact zone.
It is common to see those weights down by the adapter on draw models. My understanding though is it impacts flight by altering the CG and not because it changes closure rate.

Very interesting. I'm more curious about the face than the weight, but the redesigned shape is also intriguing.

The weight looks like it slides up and down vs front to back. If so, is t that the first that adjusts that way?

Looks like that weight will slide significantly further than I thought at first glance. Looking closer I think the heavy ends of it might slide under the sole plate? If so I'm thinking an open end might be prone to collecting debris, especially for steep swingers. As for the name it's less annoying than when OEM names are 'supposedly clever' misspelled words. But bottom line is conforming list photos aren't necessarily indicative of what a release might look like anyway.

I am going to bet the weight is actually on the inside of the head and the movement is wider - but less able to sort of have it between center and toe (for example). I can't see how such a short track could have an impact otherwise.

It's interesting, for some reason I don't do well wiht sole plates that have a 'tail' on them.

Still really interesting to see two new drivers with 10 in the name, both geared towards high MOI. Funny how timing works.

QI is an awful name by the way. Not to say I couldn't get over it, but ugh.

I'll be curious to hit it. Not really looking for a driver. But gotta say it looks interesting.

Drivers get stranger & stranger looking every year. :ROFLMAO:

return to the SLDR tech in a way? Stealth 2 with a SLRD weight?
I was thinking SLDR too, with that weight position. And SLDR didn't exactly have a rep as being an easy to hit club.

The weight looks like it slides up and down vs front to back. If so, is t that the first that adjusts that way?
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

The current one does. And they've had generations of them.

4 pages before someone brought up SLDR btw. I lost $20 on that. I had 3 or less. I can feel the restraint and lack of bias. 😆

Kind of ugly. But I haven’t liked the sole of a TM driver since the release of the SIM. I played the SIM Max 2 too prior to my Srixon driver and though that was ugly too but loved hitting it.

What i meant earlier was this. If the weight is internal might that be a significant step. Movement not on the soles of the Club. No idea if it might be but it’d be different. Be like 3d weight placement.

Back