TaylorMade Releases R11S Driver Preview

Even though everything in my bag is Titleist I have been having some bad rounds with my 910D3 as late. Decided to try this and see how it compared. First thing that got me was the noise, this is loud! After using it at the range and went back to my Titleist it seems muted.

As for performance, my misses are a high fade my 910D3. I found the R11s much more forgiving on misses. my faded misses were minimal. One thing that quote me was the ball flight. It is high and straight, a lot higher than my 910D3, distance was slightly longer with the r11 maybe due to the higher flight. I reduced the loft from 10.5 down to 9 on the r11 and was still fairly high. Might be a problem when playing in the wind but going to hit the range tonight and do some more comparisons. At the moment it is going in the bag for my weekend game.

So who's going to Golf Galaxy tonight for the launch party? Im pretty sure Im going and hope to walk out with one of these, gratis. I will probably leave with at least one thing that I OEM'ed.

So who's going to Golf Galaxy tonight for the launch party? Im pretty sure Im going and hope to walk out with one of these, gratis. I will probably leave with at least one thing that I OEM'ed.

I thought it was Friday night?

I don't know. I go back and forth. Even it I did walk out with it, I can't hit it until the weekend anyway, so I might as well try and get it on Saturday. Although, they are giving away free stuff, so that alone might be worth checking it out.

debated on going. I probably won't. Now if they had some crazy kind of trade in special I might reconsider

I have been going back and forth on this one. I would like to, but I feel bad and have to present at 8am. This is making me think that I shouldn't go. Do you have to be present the entire time to win the driver, or can you show up and leave?

it would be pretty awesome to get there and have NOBODY else in the store. You can just walk out with that R11S driver haha

I thought it was Friday night?

No it's tonight at 12:02 because that will be Friday the 3rd which is release date.

Beast mode from tapatalk

The GG pro called me last week and personally invited me. I've been spending too much money there.

it would be pretty awesome to get there and have NOBODY else in the store. You can just walk out with that R11S driver haha

The GG pro called me last week and personally invited me. I've been spending too much money there.

I don't know how much biz our place gets. I worked there when it first opened and people went crazy for it. Now whenever I go it's always like 5 people or less and the guys that I know still work there tell me it's very common.

People will line up for that $25 gift card then take off shortly after. I'm greedy, I want the gift card, a dozen balls, and the new R11s driver.

I don't know how much biz our place gets. I worked there when it first opened and people went crazy for it. Now whenever I go it's always like 5 people or less and the guys that I know still work there tell me it's very common.

People will line up for that $25 gift card then take off shortly after. I'm greedy, I want the gift card, a dozen balls, and the new R11s driver.

you are right about that.

No it's tonight at 12:02 because that will be Friday the 3rd which is release date.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Well damn. I may go, not sure yet.

I have to be at work at 7 am too lol. I'm going to get some sleep early wake up and head to golf galaxy. Hopefully I get a gift card and I'll apply to the RBZ 3W I'll be oem'ing tonight.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I have to be at work at 7 am too lol. I'm going to get some sleep early wake up and head to golf galaxy. Hopefully I get a gift card and I'll apply to the RBZ 3W I'll be oem'ing tonight.

Beast mode from tapatalk

You won't do it!

debated on going. I probably won't. Now if they had some crazy kind of trade in special I might reconsider

I'm surprised they don't do that. I mean, like tack on 50% more on top of the Value Guide trade in (which is a freaking joke anyway). It would give a lot more incentive to go in, that's for sure. I hope Kmac OEM's me something tonight too.

Get what you can man because you know that TM is in bed with GG and they'll both be making their fair share of money.

I'm surprised they don't do that. I mean, like tack on 50% more on top of the Value Guide trade in (which is a freaking joke anyway). It would give a lot more incentive to go in, that's for sure. I hope Kmac OEM's me something tonight too.

That'd be a big incentive for me to go. The trade in guide is already a huge joke, like you said. Oh well!

does anyone know if theyll be coming out with and r11s rescue?

You won't do it!

Im so doing it.

Id bring in my whole slew of trade bait if they did that.

Dude, don't even get me started on that Value Guide. That's the biggest joke in equipment, IMO.

Dude, don't even get me started on that Value Guide. That's the biggest joke in equipment, IMO.

Its awful. I know for a fact that clubs they give you $300 for will go on the shelf for $699 or so. I saw a set of used clubs at GG last weekend like that.

I shall OEM vicariously through you dude whilst I sleep soundly at that hour

My wife has to go to Little Rock tomorrow. I'm seriously thinking about taking the afternoon off and going with her so that I can swing by Edwin Watts to check out the R11s and the RBZ line. It really stinks being 90+ miles from the nearest golf store.

Its awful. I know for a fact that clubs they give you $300 for will go on the shelf for $699 or so. I saw a set of used clubs at GG last weekend like that.

I too have seen this and it makes me ill. That's more than 100% markup! If you're going to sell them for that much, you need to at least give the consumer $500 for them. I know you can negotiate that $699 price, but they won't give you much off of it. The mom and pop shop I deal with will give you what the PGA Trade Guide says, and then sell them for $100 over that.

Back