TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

Do you guys think it would be easy to sell a new RBZ driver? My local golf retailer is giving away $60 gift cards with the purchase of an RBZ driver. I have no need for a new driver, but I would love the gift card.

Do you guys think it would be easy to sell a new RBZ driver? My local golf retailer is giving away $60 gift cards with the purchase of an RBZ driver. I have no need for a new driver, but I would love the gift card.

If its the Tour in 9 loft id be interested depending on the price

Adjusting the rbz driver

Adjusting the rbz driver

Got a question for you guys with it. I got it about a week ago and haven't even really tinkered with the adjusting although I am loving the distance I get from the club. I play a bit of a slice when I swing harder going for more distance so I want to adjust the club a bit and experiment. Problem is when I turn the head it just feels weird and I'm a little confused on how to hold it. Usually when I hold the club, I just the center gap on the top lining of the club to align my hands. When I adjust the driver, do I still hold the club on the same alignment with the gap or do I change my hand position. It just feels a bit weird to me but I want to try and defeat the slice. It only comes when I swing for more distance.

Sorry if this is a nooby question but I haven't really messed with adjustable drivers in the past and thought maybe I would try it out. Thanks for the help. Looking forward to responses

Bringing this thread back from the dead a bit. I've been golfing with someone recently who has a RBZ driver and 3 Wood (both with upgraded shafts).

The RBZ driver is pretty, but it is ungodly loud. The last driver I've heard this obnoxiously loud were the Nike Sumo clubs. While I love the shaft he's got in it, the noise is a non-starter for me.

The 3 wood on the other hand? Hmm. Very interesting. I don't think it is any longer than what I game, but with the shaft upgrade, it is extremely consistent. It is the first TM product that I've ever truly wanted (and I've had some other TM products).

The three wood is amazing, I've shopped them for a couple years. I bought the Tour TP 13 degree. It is crazy long, and very consistent. I had a hard time with the white but it's seems to be growing on me as the ball stays in the short grass

The driver can't have the slot because it would increase the COR above the regulated limit.

I think TaylorMade can figure out a way to incorporate a conforming shallow slot into the driver like Nike did with their compression channel. I have to dream.

I just purchased the tour model of the RBZ and could not be happier. It is actually quite forgiving on off-center hits. I demoed both the regular version and the tour (thinking the regular would be better for me) and was shocked to see better numbers and more distance with the tour. I was concerned with the talk about it being loud, but I noticed a nice thwack of a sound when hit on the sweet spot, off-center hits produced a different sound, but I would not consider this driver to be obnoxiously loud. Overall I'm very impressed.

I just purchased the tour model of the RBZ and could not be happier. It is actually quite forgiving on off-center hits. I demoed both the regular version and the tour (thinking the regular would be better for me) and was shocked to see better numbers and more distance with the tour. I was concerned with the talk about it being loud, but I noticed a nice thwack of a sound when hit on the sweet spot, off-center hits produced a different sound, but I would not consider this driver to be obnoxiously loud. Overall I'm very impressed.

I never tried the Tour version as I figured it was too much driver for my old arse. I do love my regular RBZ and have recently gone back to it. It says alot when you tried all the rest and have to go back to the best :thumb: Once I put the RBZ back in the bag, my distance came back. I was concerned because I was having old men out driving me. Now them suckers are looking at my behind :bulgy-eyes:

Taylormade Rocketballz driver weight???

Taylormade Rocketballz driver weight???

can anybody tell me what grams the weight is in the head of the Rocketballz driver. ive seen on ebay you can get different weights from 2 grams up to 10 grams. when i went to the pro shop they told me the weight was not changeable but if they make them you must be able to change them..anybody done this yet?? thank you!

the weight can be changed with a torx #20 security (hole in center) bit. i drilled one out and replaced with cheaper hex head weights. you can also break the center pin with a small screwdriver or get a security bit. the head removal torx bit is a #25 by the way.

I'm excited to hit these, I was absolutely crushing the RBZ tour 9* at golf town a month or so back.

Anyone here still gaming the RBZ driver? I just picked up a used from TaylorMade Preowned on a whim--10.5 Tour Model with a 7M3 Black Tie shaft. I hit it on the range about 25 times on the range today. It seems pretty forgiving. It was hard to tell about the distance, but I liked the trajectory I saw. I noticed it being super loud; it actually hurt my ears on a few swings. I'm playing tomorrow with it in the bag, so I might post some thoughts or results with it after.

I am, rbz tour 10.5, in fact just getting a new shaft ready for it.

I love mine, when I got a good hit with it it was awesome, and I'm hopeing the new shaft will help with that we will see.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I am, rbz tour 10.5, in fact just getting a new shaft ready for it.

I love mine, when I got a good hit with it it was awesome, and I'm hopeing the new shaft will help with that we will see.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Awesome--looks like we are both doing some double duty RBZ testing.. What shaft did you get?

Awesome--looks like we are both doing some double duty RBZ testing.. What shaft did you get?

Just found a aldila rip alpha 60 to put on it. Interested to see the results.

I wanted to go black tie but it was out of my price range, probably shouldn't have gotten what I did oh well lol.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I game the RBZ Tour 9*. Treats me very well. Been in my bag since middle of Feb last year upon release. I don't really notice the sound, but that's just me. I do see the forgiveness you talk about. Toe hits and heel hits still get decent distance.

Picked up the RBZ in Senior / M Flex for my Dad for Christmas - he was gaming a Cleveland Launcher 460 Prior to this - after adjusting the loft for him he has it dialed in nicely -very straight and even miss hits aren't as far off as before - I myself took a few swings with it and while I love my R11s, the RBZ is a nice driver as well....

I struggled with it for awhile, then I read something about playing higher loft on THP and cranked it up to 12° and bam things were completely different.

Almost wish I could get more loft 13 or 14.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Anyone here still gaming the RBZ driver? I just picked up a used from TaylorMade Preowned on a whim--10.5 Tour Model with a 7M3 Black Tie shaft. I hit it on the range about 25 times on the range today. It seems pretty forgiving. It was hard to tell about the distance, but I liked the trajectory I saw. I noticed it being super loud; it actually hurt my ears on a few swings. I'm playing tomorrow with it in the bag, so I might post some thoughts or results with it after.
The Noise was the biggest issue i had with the RBZ drivers they sound like a tin can I had a buddy who bought a tour model and got so sick of sound he opened it up and stuffed it with cotton
I think TMag as addressed the noise in the stage 2

Just found a aldila rip alpha 60 to put on it. Interested to see the results.

I wanted to go black tie but it was out of my price range, probably shouldn't have gotten what I did oh well lol.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

The Rip Alpha is a good shaft. I had one in my previous iteration of my Classic 290 and wish I hadn't of sold it. I'm not sure what your price range is, but as far as the Black Tie goes, I got Tour setup with it on TaylorMadepreowned.com at a pretty good price with a discount code.

I game the RBZ Tour 9*. Treats me very well. Been in my bag since middle of Feb last year upon release. I don't really notice the sound, but that's just me. I do see the forgiveness you talk about. Toe hits and heel hits still get decent distance.

I like the forgiveness I saw today. I love the sound of my Cleveland Classic, so the RBZ is a bit of a shock. I noticed it being super loud on the range last night but that might have been because I was the only person out there. Today, on the course, it wasn't as bad.

The Noise was the biggest issue i had with the RBZ drivers they sound like a tin can I had a buddy who bought a tour model and got so sick of sound he opened it up and stuffed it with cotton
I think TMag as addressed the noise in the stage 2

I hit the Stage 2 and it didn't seem as loud.

I played 18 today and only hit 3/12 fairways I used the RBZ on. That being said, I liked what I saw out of it. I have been really struggling with my driver, so it was no surprise that I was missing fairways today. I went with a higher loft than I usually play but figured with the Black Tie it would help keep it down. I was hitting it fairly high today, but not ballooning. Nice, high ball flight. I would say I hit it about the same distance as my Cleveland.

I have a 7m3 black tie for my driver but for me on a 9* head i was getting too low of a launch it worked great on a 10.5 head so i got a fuel which is a mid launch but the black tie is great at reducing spin

I like bringing this thread back from the depths. I've had the RBZ Tour for about a month now and so far so good. I feel like I might be hitting it a little shorter than my Cleveland Classic but I'm finding more fairways, so it's a trade off I'm willing to make. I haven't messed around with the settings much but for now I'm sticking with the standard 10.5. May try the loft at a lower setting in the future but I'm liking the high ball flight and carry distance I'm currently seeing.

Mine needs a new shaft, but I don't know what way to go. I hit my 3 wood farther right now, so even though I've been hitting it alright it's going out of the bag.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Mine needs a new shaft, but I don't know what way to go. I hit my 3 wood farther right now, so even though I've been hitting it alright it's going out of the bag.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Doesn't make any sense to have it in the bag at that point. Sounds like you need a 13* Stage 2 FW haha. Any way you could do a driver fitting to find a better shaft combo?

This driver has been on my mind for a while now after hitting one at the back end of the year, especially with the stage 2 gear out now as the prices have dropped a lot.... I have been keeping my eye on one in the thread I made a couple days ago, but I just don't have the spare cash just now unfortunately

Back