TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

I was in a local Edwin Watts yesterday and they must have had 14 or 15 RBZ woods in the used club rack, these were mostly 3 woods and drivers. It strikes me as being odd since I was in another one a few weeks back and they had 5 or 6 already in the used bin.

For such a heavily advertised line, what gives with this?

More sales = more returns? More demos = more used selection?

Have you tried them to check out the hype firsthand?

More sales = more returns? More demos = more used selection?

Have you tried them to check out the hype firsthand?

I haven't as I'm happy with my R-11 stuff and the fact I am lefthanded, usually not many lh demo's around. My pro and good friend got a 3 wood and wasn't all that blown away with it, said it was a better off a tee club than a out of the fairway club. He also said it wasn't any longer than the Titleist he took out of his bag. I would have asked about the returns at both stores, but it so happened that the sales guys all were pretty busy when I was in there.

I used to be a tm. Soured on them lest year when I saw the wear on my white 5 wood. I grabbed a demo 3 wood RBZ. And first swing on a short par went 240. I am only about 250 off the tee so it felt like a bazooka.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

A kid I was playing with this morning was hitting the RBZ Driver with the Ozik in S. He was hitting the piss out of it, but it sounded a little to hollow for my taste. I actually like the looks of it, but it is not something I would go out of my way to buy.

A kid I was playing with this morning was hitting the RBZ Driver with the Ozik in S. He was hitting the piss out of it, but it sounded a little to hollow for my taste. I actually like the looks of it, but it is not something I would go out of my way to buy.

If I could hit the piss out of it, I might have to overlook the sound :bulgy-eyes:. How about the Tour Version. Do they have that hollow sound?

If I could hit the piss out of it, I might have to overlook the sound :bulgy-eyes:. How about the Tour Version. Do they have that hollow sound?

I guess. I just can't stand drivers that have that hollow, ringing TING to them. If I am stroking it, I could learn to love it, but the sound is a big deal to me.

If it performs...I dont care how it looks or sounds. When you struggle with the driver as bad as I do...you cant be too picky.

my RBZ tour driver has the most god awful loud can sound if not struck right. deafening at the driving range.

well just came back from my fitting session and the RBZ was the winner for me and i will be putting it in the bag next week. the sound was better when i wasnt hitting it inside a golf galaxy/enclosed area.

In reference to sound, I've found it to be shaft dependent......took the hd6 tp out and put in an UST Axivcore 69 tour black regular and now RBZ non-tour sounds/feels like my soon to be sold 910D2!!! bigger review to follow but believe it or not.....longer higher straighter with less spin and more runout than the D2........HELLO?

Dent in face of RBZ.

Dent in face of RBZ.

Today on the range I noticed a dent in the face of my RBZ driver right near the toe of the club. I've never noticed it before so I'm assuming it just happened today. I bought it about 2-3 months ago from dicks. There customer service is horrible when it comes to returns but I'm hoping they'll let me exchange it for another RBZ. If not I'm sure taylormade will do it no problem. I just don't want to be out of a driver for a few weeks. Has anybody experienced this with there's? What about turn around time from TMaG? Or is there anything I need to know about taking it back to dicks. Like a trump card to pull. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikeGolfGuy, that's what happens when you betray your other Nike clubs. Teach you a lesson :D. J/K. All joking aside, hope Dick's gets it resolved for you. If they don't, try Golf Galaxy since they are the same company.

**Tappin' from the center of the middle of the fairway**

Ahaha it's funny you say that. I have always liked Nike products and when I took up golfing a few years ago I figured I'd stick to the same company. In my eyes they're the best in sports apparel and equipment. So I bought all 14 Nike clubs. Anyways I felt like I should get away from the fanboy type and venture into other brands of golf. I feel so guilty aha Now every time I walk by the Nike golf section I see the VRS driver calling my name. Ahahahaha

14/14 fairways in 25-40mph winds in rainy South Florida.....found a combination that allows me to shape if needed but hit my "go to" cut without issue........just a great window for my eye....

Wait why did my thread get moved into this? This seems like a thread to review the RBZ clubs. My question was about returning the club to TMaG or dicks. And peoples experience with that I don't get it.

lol @ the ninja merge.

Seems like an Icemerge

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Got it all sorted out. Called TMaG and they said take it back to dicks ad they would send it in for warranty. And that's exactly what happened. Golf guy at dicks said he was going to call taylormade and have a new club sent out, once it's in I can go down an pick it up. Should have a sweet new driver in a few days. However im thinking about selling it. I kick myself everytime I walk by the vrs driver.

RBZ driver grip

RBZ driver grip

I'm not a fan of the grip on my driver. Does anyone else feel the same? What did you replace it with? It seems small to me.

I have the 3wood but I switch to midsize anyway when I buy a new club.I didn,t notice anything weird when I hit this on the launch monitor felt like normal size to me

Why the mid size? I haven't tried one. What would the advantages be?

It's the stock FCT grip, which is really just a GP Tour Velvet without the logo. They do this because they want it to look uniform no matter what FCT setting you use. If you but say an NDMC and put it on at the standard loft, then you go to lower loft, it would look quite odd. If you want a non-uniform grip, find the FCT setting you will be sticking with and put the grip on then.

I'm thinking about snagging a Rocketballz driver. Hmmmm. Guy is selling one on Craigslist that'd be perfect for me. Hopefully I can make it to Dick's tomorrow to give it a swing.

It's the stock FCT grip, which is really just a GP Tour Velvet without the logo. They do this because they want it to look uniform no matter what FCT setting you use. If you but say an NDMC and put it on at the standard loft, then you go to lower loft, it would look quite odd. If you want a non-uniform grip, find the FCT setting you will be sticking with and put the grip on then.
So your saying if I change the ggrip it will change the loft???? What else would it change?

The logo on the grip would change and it would look out of place. When u tune the loft, you turning the shaft right or left. So if you went down the logo would move left. Get fit with the setting, then re grip if it looks bad to you.

Back