TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Tried the Sim Max d against my M6 d type and The Mavrik Max . The Sim was about 10 yards longer than the M6 and 15 ish past the Mavrik . I Could be the difference in the shafts on the 2 TM drivers , the sim was about 300 , 400 rpm less spin .
I ended up ordering the Sim Max D in 10.5 loft with a Ventus Blue 6 regular flex . Also ordered the Sim max irons love the feel and ball flight with them .
Happy camper here just hope they show before my trip to Mexico .

Does the regular Sim Max have any draw propensity or is it a neutral club - just more forgiving than the regular Sim?

Does the regular Sim Max have any draw propensity or is it a neutral club - just more forgiving than the regular Sim?
IMHO, I think you are best served to demo both and decide for yourself.

No it doesnt. It is neutral with more forgiveness and higher MOI compared to standard SIM

I have actually found the Sim Max to be a bit fade biased in its stock adaptor setting. I play mine with the sleeve lofted higher for a straight ball flight.

Any ideas when they will release replacement/varying rear weights for the SIM? I would like to play with putting a slightly heavier weight in the SIM. I had the SIM Max for over a week after being fitted for it over the regular SIM. I know my ideal launch conditions based on my M5 is at 13-14 degrees launch angle at around 2000-2200 RPM. When trying the SIM, I had a 13 deg launch angle and about 1600-1800 RPMs of spin. The fitter at the big box store tells me it's too low and I need to get that spin number up. So he then gives me the SIM Max, same loft of 9 degrees, same shaft, and my spin went up to 2200-2400 RPM but with a 17-18 degree launch. He told me to trust him in that it would be more forgiving, but I knew that it would launch too high during play. It definitely is more forgiving, but I didn't like the launch and overall height of all my drives during play. I then exchanged it for the regular SIM and the ball flight resembled that of my M5, but I feel I could use a little more spin for it to stay in the air longer. I know that there is a 6g difference in the inertia weight between the SIM and SIM Max so I'm curious to swap or try something progressively higher.

Any ideas when they will release replacement/varying rear weights for the SIM? I would like to play with putting a slightly heavier weight in the SIM. I had the SIM Max for over a week after being fitted for it over the regular SIM. I know my ideal launch conditions based on my M5 is at 13-14 degrees launch angle at around 2000-2200 RPM. When trying the SIM, I had a 13 deg launch angle and about 1600-1800 RPMs of spin. The fitter at the big box store tells me it's too low and I need to get that spin number up. So he then gives me the SIM Max, same loft of 9 degrees, same shaft, and my spin went up to 2200-2400 RPM but with a 17-18 degree launch. He told me to trust him in that it would be more forgiving, but I knew that it would launch too high during play. It definitely is more forgiving, but I didn't like the launch and overall height of all my drives during play. I then exchanged it for the regular SIM and the ball flight resembled that of my M5, but I feel I could use a little more spin for it to stay in the air longer. I know that there is a 6g difference in the inertia weight between the SIM and SIM Max so I'm curious to swap or try something progressively higher.
What shaft are you using? Im using an older Diamana Limited S+ to get the spin I want with the SIM 9* driver. I get 14 launch, 110 feet peak height with 157 ball speed.

I can say without any reservation, this is the best driver I have ever had. Mostly a Ping guy over the years, they still make great stuff, but demoed the Max D with a stock Ventus Red shaft, and no going back. The first time a club has met or exceeded the hype, at least for me. Cannot believe the consisitency I have, the first time I have experienced point and shoot. Wonder if this is some joke that is about to end, to be totally honest!

I really wasn’t even planning on hitting the SIM driver, but I found myself with an hour to kill and my local retailer in between my destination and me, so I went in and took a bunch of swings on a GC2 launch monitor. I had a seven year hiatus from golf, so I missed the SLDR, which was somewhat polarizing. However, with that caveat, the SIM may well be the lowest spinning driver I have ever hit.

I am not sure how it would work for me out on a course, but it is an absolute monster on a launch monitor, due to the extremely low spin and good ball speed it generated. I also found that I could hit a nice draw or a little cut and even the cuts stayed in the 2400 spin range.

Call me impressed, even if it does seem to be somewhat of a knockoff of the Cobra F9.

I dont know what it is but I cant hit the SIM or SIM Max for the life of me. With a lot of promising reviews about both models being an upgrade over M5/6, I just cant hit them. Lots of low face, pull hooks straight left. Im hitting parts of the club face I never see. I warm up with the my m5 and hit how I normally do. Swap heads keeping the same shaft and it gets ugly very quick. In 4 different sessions with both SIM models im finally giving up

I dont know what it is but I cant hit the SIM or SIM Max for the life of me. With a lot of promising reviews about both models being an upgrade over M5/6, I just cant hit them. Lots of low face, pull hooks straight left. Im hitting parts of the club face I never see. I warm up with the my m5 and hit how I normally do. Swap heads keeping the same shaft and it gets ugly very quick. In 4 different sessions with both SIM models im finally giving up

That is so curious to me.

That is so curious to me.
haha me too... thats why I kept going back to hit them. As soon as a SIM head goes on the same shaft I use with my m5, its like ive never played before. Ive hit the stock shafts too and same results. 9* , 10.5*...doesnt matter. Cant hit either

haha me too... thats why I kept going back to hit them. As soon as a SIM head goes on the same shaft I use with my m5, its like ive never played before. Ive hit the stock shafts too and same results. 9* , 10.5*...doesnt matter. Cant hit either
Try the 12? If it’s as low spin as billed, they’re in SLDR territory and lifting way up may be a necessity.

Of course, the good news is you’ll be getting a new driver in 2020 anyway....:unsure:;)

As your captain...How about we focus on hitting and figuring out Cobra SpeedZone Drivers instead of TM SIM :cool::greenalien:

As your captain...How about we focus on hitting and figuring out Cobra SpeedZone Drivers instead of TM SIM :cool::greenalien:

As an alumnus of Team Hackers, I think he should keep trying all of the wonderful clubs from the many great companies that have a presence on THP. :ROFLMAO:

HAHAHA you got it captain!

Try the 12? If it’s as low spin as billed, they’re in SLDR territory and lifting way up may be a necessity.

The SIM was freakishly low spin for me yesterday. I was seeing many well hit balls with 1700 spin and I am not sure I have ever seen that before, although, again, I never had the privilege of swinging the SLDR.

The SIM was freakishly low spin for me yesterday. I was seeing many well hit balls with 1700 spin and I am not sure I have ever seen that before, although, again, I never had the privilege of swinging the SLDR.
Privilege, nightmare, both close. Hahaha

SLDR was a nightmare for me, even in a 14 degree driver

For me the SIM is so good I am selling my epic flash subzero and I didn't think anything would beat that. At least not this soon. The Speedzone is just behind. Those are the top two this year.

ive found both models to be quite low launch and low spin. Im so used to the m5 at 9* launching close to 14 with 2100 spin. both sim models launch lower and spin lower.... im gonna chalk these 2 up as a loss for me. And that kills me to say as a TM woods player for 10+ years...

but, that Cobra Xtreme is damn fun to hit

For me the SIM is so good I am selling my epic flash subzero and I didn't think anything would beat that. At least not this soon. The Speedzone is just behind. Those are the top two this year.

I personally agree that the SIM and SpeedZone are at the top of the heap. Both are amazing.

ive found both models to be quite low launch and low spin. Im so used to the m5 at 9* launching close to 14 with 2100 spin. both sim models launch lower and spin lower.... im gonna chalk these 2 up as a loss for me. And that kills me to say as a TM woods player for 10+ years...

but, that Cobra Xtreme is damn fun to hit
Again though, on the Sim, if that’s the case then why not try the 12 head?

Again though, on the Sim, if that’s the case then why not try the 12 head?
Never crossed my mind. With both lofts in both heads my strike pattern is terrible. For whatever reason I cant find the center of the face ever. Try the m5 or even other drivers and I make good contact no problem. Put in a Sim head and all of a sudden im nowhere near center

with the 150% trade in still going ill take a look at that before officially cutting them off

Back