TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Never crossed my mind. With both lofts in both heads my strike pattern is terrible. For whatever reason I cant find the center of the face ever. Try the m5 or even other drivers and I make good contact no problem. Put in a Sim head and all of a sudden im nowhere near center

with the 150% trade in still going ill take a look at that before officially cutting them off
Maybe its the 459” shaft..?

Maybe its the 459” shaft..?

Ive hit my ozik black tie and Tensei Pro orange. Also hit the hzrdus green and stock ventus blue

Never crossed my mind. With both lofts in both heads my strike pattern is terrible. For whatever reason I cant find the center of the face ever. Try the m5 or even other drivers and I make good contact no problem. Put in a Sim head and all of a sudden im nowhere near center

with the 150% trade in still going ill take a look at that before officially cutting them off

Yeah, if I were you, I’d use the 150% trade in and then practice and practice with that SIM, right up into the middle of May. Team Paradise, right? :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, if I were you, I’d use the 150% trade in and then practice and practice with that SIM, right up into the middle of May. Team Paradise, right? :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Yep... Lol yea ill keep all the clubs in pristine new condition until mid May!

Ive hit my ozik black tie and Tensei Pro orange. Also hit the hzrdus green and stock ventus blue
Ah ok, thought maybe it was the stock setup with acrazy long shaft that might explain things for you. Guess not.

What shaft are you using? Im using an older Diamana Limited S+ to get the spin I want with the SIM 9* driver. I get 14 launch, 110 feet peak height with 157 ball speed.
I bought it with the diamana limited stock shaft at 60g stiff, but I play it with a graphite design tour AD XC-4 stiff at 45g. I have been playing my previous M5 with a light shaft for 3 months and loving it. 105 swing speed and I love the feel of a lighter shaft with these low spin heads. I hit a 60g shaft just fine but prefer the feel and trajectory of a lighter one.

For me the SIM is so good I am selling my epic flash subzero and I didn't think anything would beat that. At least not this soon. The Speedzone is just behind. Those are the top two this year.
I had the Speedzone as well and it couldn’t keep up against the SIM in head to head comparison, so I exchanged it for a SIM.

Did you also try teeing the ball higher. I did notice I have to tee the ball higher with my SIM vs my M5.

Did you also try teeing the ball higher. I did notice I have to tee the ball higher with my SIM vs my M5.
I've teed it as high as possible at PGA store which is still lower than I typically tee it for me... Im not blaming the club by any means b/c ive played TM drivers and woods the past 10+ years. At this point ive hit the SLDR better than the SIM

I have 4 things I need to trade in/sell and with the 150% I keep trying the SIM cuz I wanna like it so bad

To my eye, this club is very good looking down by the ball. For me, probably the most visually appealing this year (if you aren't looking at the sole.) I had a chance to hit this along with the mavrik the other day and really enjoyed my time with both. The SIM was very easy to hit straight, high, and the distance was solid, although I was hitting the mavrik slightly longer for whatever reason (strike, etc). The Diamana S shaft was decent, but I would be curious to try this with a helium 59f5.

Lots of short memories (or more likely, I’m just old)

RBZ drivers were praised in reviews for having a standard length of 46” which was down from the 46.5” found in Burner 2.0.

I believe Titleist was the only company that stuck with 45” standard length until they finally gave in on the TS lineup and bumped up to 45.5”

As for jfrigo’s difficulty in hitting the SIM, have you measured swing weight with your shaft in the SIM? I know for me personally a light SW can cause really poor ball striking.

Lastly, the SLDR and R15s used pretty much all the discretionary weight to put a single heavy sliding weight(s) right at the front of the sole. The SIM, OTOH, has a carbon crown and partial carbon sole, and the majority of the discretionary weight has been placed extremely low and rearward while the rest has been placed in a sliding weight just slightly forward of center.

So while the low spin attributes might make it sound SLDRish, it’s almost certainly considerably higher MOI, and high ball speed/high MOI/low spin is the unicorn everyone has been chasing for years. Just about any other brand of driver out there can deliver higher spin and launch, so there is no shortage of options in that category.

PS: I don’t own a single TM club.

Lots of short memories (or more likely, I’m just old)

RBZ drivers were praised in reviews for having a standard length of 46” which was down from the 46.5” found in Burner 2.0.

I believe Titleist was the only company that stuck with 45” standard length until they finally gave in on the TS lineup and bumped up to 45.5”

As for jfrigo’s difficulty in hitting the SIM, have you measured swing weight with your shaft in the SIM? I know for me personally a light SW can cause really poor ball striking.

Lastly, the SLDR and R15s used pretty much all the discretionary weight to put a single heavy sliding weight(s) right at the front of the sole. The SIM, OTOH, has a carbon crown and partial carbon sole, and the majority of the discretionary weight has been placed extremely low and rearward while the rest has been placed in a sliding weight just slightly forward of center.

So while the low spin attributes might make it sound SLDRish, it’s almost certainly considerably higher MOI, and high ball speed/high MOI/low spin is the unicorn everyone has been chasing for years. Just about any other brand of driver out there can deliver higher spin and launch, so there is no shortage of options in that category.

PS: I don’t own a single TM club.

Fwiw the word discretionary might be better as visual. All discretionary weight in SLDR was not in that sliding weight. Internally structure was in place to alter CG forward, thus even your pros that had dummy weights in their SLDR still had a low and forward driver.

Playing Ryder Cup in Sim golf on OGT. Guy on team 'murica was given a sim driver with different shafts to try, he was getting like 179-183 ball speed, had one carry 323, and another 322. Wow. He said its the most he's carried a ball in his life. His old driver is the Callaway Epic Flash which wasn't as hot according to him.
Really have to give this driver a good look.

Testing this Saturday. Cannot wait!

Last edited:
As I previously mentioned in this thread, I gained 12yds carry, almost 2mph club speed & almost 4mph ball speed on average per TrackMan. (SIM vs. my M5 gamer).

Now 2 of my good friends have been fitted into the SIM, too. Both reporting eye opening gains in carry yds and ball speed (moderate gains in club speed like me) on average per TrackMan. They're coming out of an M3 and Rogue, respectively.

Fwiw the word discretionary might be better as visual. All discretionary weight in SLDR was not in that sliding weight. Internally structure was in place to alter CG forward, thus even your pros that had dummy weights in their SLDR still had a low and forward driver.

1581748185719.gif

Did anyone have to loft up moving from m5 to standard sim?

During my fitting at CC, I did. Went from 9 in M5 to 12 in SIM.

Jb did you move into sim lofted to 12 by hosel setting? I don't see that a 12 is available in standard sim.

Jb did you move into sim lofted to 12 by hosel setting? I don't see that a 12 is available in standard sim.

That is correct, which also led the fitting to slide weight all the way to the toe side.

I should add, that while I got fit into this driver (actually every new release), I did not move into this one into my bag though. It was a bit too low spin for me, without lofting up too much to reach certain windows I look for, and more loft can slow down ball speed.

In the right hands, I have no doubt this could be a performer, but it reminded me a bit too much of some previous drivers I didnt fare as well with so went a different direction.

So I got to hit this on the indoor range yesterday at the Cleveland gold show. I have been put off and a bit distant on anything TM for yeaaaarrrs. But, it was there and I heard some good things.

During the session I hit the Maverik, Epic Flash (current gamer) and the SIM Titanium (small head). This driver felt so freaking good on every shot I was a bit stunned. Every single drive felt like it was crushed. The sound was great. The feel was something I haven’t felt in quite a while. I would say soft, but forgiving, I really didn’t feel a hell of a lot of difference in mishits. Not sure that’s good or bad but, overall I think I really like the feel, sound and looks of the driver. I wish the top color was different. I didn’t mind the matte finish but I think I’d prefer it being all one color? ?‍♀️ I am certainly intrigued to hit it outside. All in all I was pretty surprised I liked it as much as I did.

So I got to hit this on the indoor range yesterday at the Cleveland gold show. I have been put off and a bit distant on anything TM for yeaaaarrrs. But, it was there and I heard some good things.

During the session I hit the Maverik, Epic Flash (current gamer) and the SIM Titanium (small head). This driver felt so freaking good on every shot I was a bit stunned. Every single drive felt like it was crushed. The sound was great. The feel was something I haven’t felt in quite a while. I would say soft, but forgiving, I really didn’t feel a hell of a lot of difference in mishits. Not sure that’s good or bad but, overall I think I really like the feel, sound and looks of the driver. I wish the top color was different. I didn’t mind the matte finish but I think I’d prefer it being all one color? ?‍♀️ I am certainly intrigued to hit it outside. All in all I was pretty surprised I liked it as much as I did.
I was in the same situation. The Sim Max D literally blew me away, with the sound, forgiveness, and accuracy, at least during the demo. Played three rounds with it now, and it performs equally well on the course. Have played for over 40 years, this is the best driver I have ever hit, and went back and purchased the 3 wood and 3 hybrid, they are equally good. Have demoed every club out there for hours on end, live very close to a huge retailer. My second home actually....lol! . The Mavrik and SIm are clearly the cream of the crop this year, you could not go wrong with either.

Back