TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons Review Thread

Close friend of mine is a +2 and plays these irons. He loves them, has Steelfiber i95's in them and just pounds the heck out of the irons.

Picked up a set of these 2 weeks ago on Ebay. Playing them stock right now, graphite (reg flex) need to get the lie angle adjusted and the grips changed. Enjoying them so far. Way longer distance than what I am used to so adjusting to that. Liking having the graphite shafts.

Picked up a set of these 2 weeks ago on Ebay. Playing them stock right now, graphite (reg flex) need to get the lie angle adjusted and the grips changed. Enjoying them so far. Way longer distance than what I am used to so adjusting to that. Liking having the graphite shafts.
I am still pondering a set of these, but just havent found the right price for them.

I am still pondering a set of these, but just havent found the right price for them.

I was okay with what I got them for. Not sure how good a deal it was but $312 with 2 day shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was okay with what I got them for. Not sure how good a deal it was but $312 with 2 day shipping.

Not a bad deal, at all.

Keep an eye on Global Golf/3Balls, I picked up my set in excellent condition from them for around $175.

Just got a pretty sweet deal on a set of these irons PLUS some other clubs included in the deal.

The irons were 5-AW stock stiff shafts with dir-tac grips. The set also came with 3 & 4 jetspeed hybrids, plus a SLDR S 5 wood and SLDR S driver along with a Jetspeed cart bag. All 11 clubs have matching dir-tac grips. Everything is in mint condition. I felt really bad, the guy was selling everything because he had a hernia. He played about 10 rounds or less with them and it really shows.

Got everything I listed above for $600 CAN which is about $465 USD for my non Canadian fellows. Did I get a good deal or did I rob the guy? Initially he was asking $750 CAN which is $580 USD but I beat him up a bit on the price.

I'm only using the driver until my PING driver comes in, but these irons are amazing. Long is an understatement lol.

Getting along well with mine. Had them regripped but still need to get the lie angle done to 1 flat.

I'm looking to get a set of clubs... still not sure what shaft material or flex, as my swing is SLOW and I can't hit the ball as far now at 27 as I could in junior high, so I have a lot of work to do, but the price of these new at $349 with a couple hybrids is very tempting. Plus, ordering at the local Golf Galaxy means I can get them fit (if necessary). Do these sound like a good club for a guy who knows he needs a super GI set of clubs, and is getting started out again? A lot of advice suggests going used, but these are not much more than a good used set, and could theoretically last a good long while. Thanks!

Solid set, forgiving, and liked by a lot. I would t over think it too much now as you get back into it and over time figure out your likes and dislikes.

I'm looking to get a set of clubs... still not sure what shaft material or flex, as my swing is SLOW and I can't hit the ball as far now at 27 as I could in junior high, so I have a lot of work to do, but the price of these new at $349 with a couple hybrids is very tempting. Plus, ordering at the local Golf Galaxy means I can get them fit (if necessary). Do these sound like a good club for a guy who knows he needs a super GI set of clubs, and is getting started out again? A lot of advice suggests going used, but these are not much more than a good used set, and could theoretically last a good long while. Thanks!

I had a set of Speedblades for two years, and enjoyed my time with them. I still think they are good clubs.

I had these back in the bag today for a round. That was some fun golf!!! Good thing I took the time to play a couple holes before the scramble started to get used to the distance again. These are longer than my Srixons. The stock graphite in these are way lighter than the Recoil 110's.

First round in the books with the just received TaylorMade Speedblade irons. Got them from Callaway Pre Owned. 5-PW with Rocketfuel 65 gram graphite regular shafts. Very good results with solid impact feel, high ball flight and good results into the greens with the lower irons. Will stay in the bag for now.

First round in the books with the just received TaylorMade Speedblade irons. Got them from Callaway Pre Owned. 5-PW with Rocketfuel 65 gram graphite regular shafts. Very good results with solid impact feel, high ball flight and good results into the greens with the lower irons. Will stay in the bag for now.

These are good and fun irons. Enjoy them. Had mine back in the bag the last 3 rounds.

These are good and fun irons. Enjoy them. Had mine back in the bag the last 3 rounds.

I'd always wanted a set of these since they were introduced. I'm happy with the current gamers, Cleveland Launcher CBX irons, but saw these on CPO with a 20% discount for $175.00. 5 thru 7 iron are half a degree more that the CBX 5 thru 7 and the 8 thru PW are the same lofts. No issues with launch angle and distance, solid impact feel and forgiving. Hit a couple towards the toe and saw no loss in distance. Looking forward to playing them again Monday.

Had the Speedblades in the bag today, fun round. Think these will be a lot of fun when I get some SmacWraps in them this winter. These are longer than my 765's and a lot more forgiving.

I'm on season three of my speedblades. Absolutely love them. Long, forgiving...the feel and sound at impact is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What year were TaylorMade Speedblades introduced?

Late 2013, I think...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What year were TaylorMade Speedblades introduced?

2013 is correct. If you go to the 1st page of the thread there is some video.

Well, well............playing the 2nd round with the Speedblades and on the 3rd hole I noticed they are Rblades, not Speedblades. After the round I contacted Callaway Pre Owned and they sent me a UPS label and are going to refund the purchase price. I honestly can't believe I didn't notice they are Rblades when I took them out of the box. Chalk it up to a "Senior Moment". Once they receive the Rblades they will refund to my PayPal and I'll order Hogan Edge 4-PW irons with the recoil 76-F2 senior graphite shafts.

Well, well............playing the 2nd round with the Speedblades and on the 3rd hole I noticed they are Rblades, not Speedblades. After the round I contacted Callaway Pre Owned and they sent me a UPS label and are going to refund the purchase price. I honestly can't believe I didn't notice they are Rblades when I took them out of the box. Chalk it up to a "Senior Moment". Once they receive the Rblades they will refund to my PayPal and I'll order Hogan Edge 4-PW irons with the recoil 76-F2 senior graphite shafts.

I sent you a PM.

PM replied to.

Back