TaylorMade TP5Pix Another Truvis Golf Ball

I don't like these.

I'd go for a Champions League ball design though

Not surprised someone finally joined the parade, another revenue stream, so why not? I'm guessing it took awhile to figure out how to get around any patent infringement, etc. But my guess there will be others joining the party. Someone like Vovik for example could incorporate some design to go with their bold colour schemes although white does IMO provide the best backdrop.

I kinda like 'em and I really like the ball.

I was told the pattern was supposed to look similar to the Operational Camouflage Pattern / Digital Camo, etc.
I am not seeing that here.

Another me to!!! I do like the looks and the ball though!

I like the truvis, and I prefer the TP5 to the chrome soft, so I might actually try it.

Interesting that the TM pattern is printed under the coating and not on top like a Truvis.
I'm sure that once people play and comment that the imprint last longer then that would entice some people to us it.
I'll be interested to see how TM "Spins" the Pattern shape

BTW: I believe that TP5/5X is "Finished" in South Carolina.

With the supreme rise in the sale of Truvis, I'm not surprised. I know Callaway released this with some science behind it (albeit probably manufactured, you never know) but this copy cat seems like a gimmick. It's great to have more offerings for the consumer, but I won't be partaking.

I can say, my son plays the Truvis in multiple colors and I do think they are generally easier to spot than a plain ball. As the patterns get more intricate and less geometric like those pictured in the Taylormade photo, I’m not so sure that would still be the case.

I was told the pattern was supposed to look similar to the Operational Camouflage Pattern / Digital Camo, etc.
I am not seeing that here.
Why would you apply a camo pattern to a ball? It's supposed to be designed to be easier to see...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As a consumer, I like more choices and I could see myself buying these. I love the TP5.

Professionally, I’m waiting for Callaway (or TM) to give me a call to see what we have here. Otherwise: no comment!

Man, these equipment companies are shameless in the way that they “borrow” each others’ technology. PXG turns into P790 (but, in fairness, TaylorMade had a hollow iron years ago). Callaway Truvis becomes a new TaylorMade offering. I just saw a photo of a new Cameron mallet putter and I’ll be darned if it didn’t look like it had the spoilers/wings, similar to the Toulon Indi.

The I.P. attorneys are certainly making out well.
I saw a photo of that Scotty and I can see the similarities (a little) to the Indy but it looks hideous tbh. The indy is so pretty! Also, the design on these balls is pretty ugly, but some may like them. But this is only my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why would you apply a camo pattern to a ball? It's supposed to be designed to be easier to see...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Agreed, my thoughts were the camo wouldn't be all over the ball. My interpretation was that it would be a pattern similar to the Truvis but filled in with bright colors in that digi camo look.
The ninja star pattern just looks strange to me. Like a gimmick ball you see in Walmart. Maybe because of licensing/patents, TM couldn't use the soccer ball pattern so they had to come up with something else.

Interested to see if other TP5Pix patterns are coming soon. I'm one who played CS exclusively from the time they 1st came out up until a few months ago. Loved the ball but knew I was just 'justifying my choice' for awhile. Whenever I'd compare objectively, the TP5x was a superior choice for my game. I liked CS Truvis too, especially loved it for short game work. But for me the solid white CS was easier to follow in flight and to spot in the fairway or rough than any standard Truvis patterns. Really the only Truvis pattern I gamed for any length of time was the Stars & Stripes version for patriotic reasons and it appears TP5Pix has that scheme covered from the get go.

kinda like callaway homers collecting and trading or buying out right individual balls or sleeves just to add to a collection?

I say this knowing full well i have 3 dz pink and white / red and white truvis still on a shelf just waiting to be played.

I have 5 dozen truvis ready for the year.

That was my first thought as well!
I mean, I like the move to this kind of optic, but the design is just puzzling... if they researched this shape and it has some tangible benefit then I understand, but if the design exists just because it "looks cool" and they had to make it different enough due to trademarks, then they really missed the mark with me.

I mean, I like the move to this kind of optic, but the design is just puzzling... if they researched this shape and it has some tangible benefit then I understand, but if the design exists just because it "looks cool" and they had to make it different enough due to trademarks, then they really missed the mark with me.

Seems like there would be a lot of other more appealing shapes if it doesn’t have a research behind it.

I imagine we are going to hear a lot about this pattern in a couple of weeks at the PGA Show.

LOL.

Surprised they didn't just copy the world cup match ball pattern.

I imagine we are going to hear a lot about this pattern in a couple of weeks at the PGA Show.

TaylorMade is not going to the PGA Show.

Back