MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Season 1 Trailer

Season 2 Trailer: New Season coming July 27th

I have been accused of being too positive by friends but this was my favorite show of 2020 and in my top 5 all time. It is about a Division 2 American Football coach asked to take over a English premier league football club. The reason why he is chosen is spelled out in the first episode.

There are so many good lines and moments in the first season. Funny ones and sad ones. The episodes come out weekly when they are released on AppleTV+. I wouldn't have gotten the service but it was free for a year with a new phone purchase. There are a few good series on their to make it worth a subscription to binge them for a month. It was a show my wife and I watched together every week after the girls went to bed which rarely happens these days.

Give it a try!

Great show and I know exactly what you mean by people saying you are too positive. Season 2 should be fun.

It is one of my favorite shows. I thought it was going to be a silly time sink. It ended up being a great comedy with a lot of heart. I watched it with my wife and son and then re-watched with my dad and brother when they visited. Everyone loved it. The first episode was a little slow, but by episode 3 everyone was hooked.

Last edited:
I watched season one earlier this year and after hearing all the positive reviews I expected it would be overated. It was not, I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it delightful.

Very funny, very heartfelt. I like Sudeikis from his time on Saturday night live and thought his first starring movie role was solid (meet the millers if I recall) so glad he found a project like this.

Hope the 2nd season is half as good as the first.

Any word on when Season 2 kicks off?

July 23rd, back for 12 episodes this season.

I am huge fan of this show. Watched it when it originally came out and just re-watched it again a few weeks ago in preparation for season 2. We've been doing a lot of leadership/emotional intelligence training at my work and there are so many good examples in this show.

This is a fantastic show. Really well done and not too over the top. Jason is just awesome and you can really get behind characters and root for them! Really one of the only reasons we have Apple TV

The wife and I watched this a couple weeks ago. I had heard good things and convinced her to give it a shot. Plan was just to watch one episode and go from there. We watched the whole first season in 2 nights. It was great. We laughed more than we have at a show in a long time. Really looking forward to season 2 coming out.

The wife and I watched this a couple weeks ago. I had heard good things and convinced her to give it a shot. Plan was just to watch one episode and go from there. We watched the whole first season in 2 nights. It was great. We laughed more than we have at a show in a long time. Really looking forward to season 2 coming out.

I would have watched it in 2 nights too but I caught on right away when it was premiering, so I had to wait for them to come out each week. I watched them with my wife and by myself it was so good.

Who is everyone's favorite character?

I am going with Roy Kent. His interactions are great. Like him telling Keeley Jones about his yoga sessions with his old ladies!

Who is everyone's favorite character?

I am going with Roy Kent. His interactions are great. Like him telling Keeley Jones about his yoga sessions with his old ladies!
All the main characters were great. Roy would be mine also. Along with Coach Beard

My wife and I binged this show in a weekend and really enjoyed it as well. Would be in my top 5 too, but surprisingly doesn't get the edge for our favorite Apple+ show (Mythic Quest). Favorite character has to be Keeley. Can't remember the name of the actress who plays her, but she is a scene stealer (Coach Beard too).

So many of the characters are good. I like Keeley and Nate a lot. Coach Beard is pretty good too.

I love Nate the Great and Coach Beard. Honestly, every character does a great job in the show.

I wanted to watch the first episode when it released. I ended up watching the whole season.

it’s so so so so good and I cannot wait for season 2!!!!

Huge fan of Ted Lasso from the short commercials a few years back. Havent watch season 1 apart from what's available on youtube, but would definitely be watching if I could. Being a soccer coach this is a great humorous plot line.

Can’t wait for season 2. I held off on watching the first season because I’m not the biggest soccer fan, but when I finally decided to watch it was fantastic.

Won’t lie, I want Apple TV just to see this I’ve heard so much about it

Do the free trial amd binge it. Then cancel. You can thank me later

They give you the first month for free and you can watch this and The Morning Show during that time and then when season 2 of Ted Lasso completes in 3 months you pay for the season 2 of both shows.

You will not regret it.

How about the busker on the street?
Cam Cole can sing his butt off and is a real musician in real life

Trying hard not to spoil anything. So many great sayings and scenes. I try to be a goldfish after a bad shot now.

Back