Epoch tees snap on every drive? Wow. Thats incredible!

Ive used an epoch tee for 6 rounds including teeing it up on par 3s and I have only broken one. I would kill to have your swing speed!

Seriously?!! 300 yard 3 woods not enough for you lol?

Epoch tees snap on every drive? Wow. Thats incredible!

Ive used an epoch tee for 6 rounds including teeing it up on par 3s and I have only broken one. I would kill to have your swing speed!

Definitely not swing speed for me, I think my D is around 105. Maybe I got a bad batch. They're the Epoch S3 and I believe they're 3 1/4". I've been teeing the ball on drives so the top of the ball is nearly even with the top of the D and it's been working for me but snaps the tee.

i break epoch tees all the time... i dont think its the swing speed breaking them... i think its the concrete ground im using the tees on
zero friction tees are too skinny and are impossible to put them into hard ground... especially in the winter

I've never noticed. I just know the wooden tees stick easier into the ground.

This is true. After a couple uses, those plastic tees are difficult to place.

My club provides wooden tees for free and they are long. I never put a thought towards a tee. Do you guys using the epoch really think its that big of a difference? I think I've tried a version of them before and not sure I saw anything that made me want to always use them.

I buy the cheapest wooden tees I can find.

You and me both. Who gives a Cornish Game Hen wing what the hell the ball's sitting on? There are numerous threads here about clubs and marketing hype. Paying more for, and thinking that a tee is going to affect ball flight has to be the ultimate in marketing hype.

Silly IMNSHLCEWLO, but if it somehow gives you piece of mind, go for it. Personally, they seem like a hassle. If you have a fancy tee, that means you're going to make a concerted effort to find it after you hit. I'm out there to play golf, not look for tees. I'll pick mine up if it's still there, but if if it left its little hole, its dead to me. The tees I buy at Walmart usually break, anyway.

Kevin

My club provides wooden tees for free and they are long. I never put a thought towards a tee. Do you guys using the epoch really think its that big of a difference? I think I've tried a version of them before and not sure I saw anything that made me want to always use them.

Epoch tees are my favorite tees by far. I can't come up with any numbers to say that I'm hitting my shots any better but I can say that don't break very easily. ZR tees are the worst. Once it gets dry in the Carolina heat you can't even put those things in the ground. They just bend.

I found that wooden tees were scratching the black finish on my Burner SF when they break, so have been using Pride Evolution plastic tees - the fact that they seem to last forever is a bonus!

Epoch tees are my favorite tees by far. I can't come up with any numbers to say that I'm hitting my shots any better but I can say that don't break very easily. ZR tees are the worst. Once it gets dry in the Carolina heat you can't even put those things in the ground. They just bend.

I agree, I dont use them because they make me hit any better, it just got old breaking a wooden tee on every single drive. now i might break one a round if any, plus when they do break i keep them and use them on par 3s

You and me both. Who gives a Cornish Game Hen wing what the hell the ball's sitting on? There are numerous threads here about clubs and marketing hype. Paying more for, and thinking that a tee is going to affect ball flight has to be the ultimate in marketing hype.

Silly IMNSHLCEWLO, but if it somehow gives you piece of mind, go for it. Personally, they seem like a hassle. If you have a fancy tee, that means you're going to make a concerted effort to find it after you hit. I'm out there to play golf, not look for tees. I'll pick mine up if it's still there, but if if it left its little hole, its dead to me. The tees I buy at Walmart usually break, anyway.

Kevin

Exactly. I hate seeing guys wander all over the tee box looking for their $3 tee when I am waiting for them the get out of the way.

Normal wooden tees for me, usually just put a handful in the pocket and if I snap or can't quickly find one after a tee shot then who cares.

I play ZF tees, but just because I don't like breaking wooden tees every hole and having to pull new ones out of the bag all of the time.

Exactly. I hate seeing guys wander all over the tee box looking for their $3 tee when I am waiting for them the get out of the way.

Hell, I barely look for a wayward ball. I'm not spending time looking for a tee.

Kevin

THis is what I was waiting to hear from you. It's not the tee itself but the length of the tee. My guess is tha you tee the ball higher with you normal tees than the ZF, correct. For me when I want to play a fad I tee my ZF tee lower than I do for a Draw.

If you are used to playing a longer tee then going with a shorter one will adjust your ball fliht because your plane has changed. The impact with the ball is not the same as it is with a longer tee. Do you hit a lot of popups with the longer tee or are you hitting mid-ball flight shots? The ZF casued more a consistant slice, correct. You over adjusted and hit some ducks? I was not there so I am guess, but if you take a 2 3/4" ZF and a 2 3/4" wood tee, there is no difference.

For me, it was probably that I was used to playing 3-1/4" tees. The zf tees I was using were 2-3/4". It amazed me how that much difference made it hard for me to find how high to tee the ball.

I will agree with some here on not liking the 'unbreakable' tees. I have used them from time to time when I find them and sometimes it can be very frustraiting to play with them. Once they get a slight bend in them, it can be difficult to get the ball to stand straight. Then if you run into some harder ground you might bend them even a bit more when putting them in the ground. They may not break, but they don't always stay straight either. I stick with the wood tees. They don't break that often for me.

While I may not like using certain types of tees, I don't think it would have much to do with me playing bad or hitting bad drives.

HAHA I've yet to see that. Most of the guys I know give it a quick glance and if they don't see it then they get off the tee box.

I use the Martini tees...they are legal according to the USGA, don't break, come in several colors and work very well.

I personally cant stand wood tees. I dont like that they always break and that the painted ones leave a nasty little paint streak on the sole of my clubs. I will only use plastic tees.

HAHA I've yet to see that. Most of the guys I know give it a quick glance and if they don't see it then they get off the tee box.

If they are using expensive tees they will, some women are the worst though, some of them will look for a wooden tee forever, like it was made out of gold or something.

I use the Martini tees...they are legal according to the USGA, don't break, come in several colors and work very well.

those have gotta be the hugest tees ever hahaha

Recently, using the yellow (2-3/4") 4-more yard tee (not for the extra 4 yards - haha!!) because it gives me a constant tee height. If I tee it slightly higher, I tend to pop-up. Now, it's psychological and I bought spares to keep in my golf bag in case I break one.

I picked up a pack of Epoch tees last week, since everyone had been raving about them, and I am quite happy so far. I have only lost one so far, and love the shorties for using on par 3s. So far I am sold on these. And hey, ifthe tee makes us more confident and feel like we are striking the ball better, then I say go for it!

99% of the time i use the Epoch tees but i also keep normal wooden natural color in the bag, just in case i run out or somebody needs to borrow some if they run out i dont have to give them my good Epochs lol

i break epoch tees all the time... i dont think its the swing speed breaking them... i think its the concrete ground im using the tees on
zero friction tees are too skinny and are impossible to put them into hard ground... especially in the winter

This may be it for me also as the ground is still hard enough that the ZF are a pain to tee up and add onto that the low teeing height the epochs just snap.

as long as i dont put the epochs in more than half way they never break, i have used the same tee for 3 rounds already, thats why its important to have the correct height tee you need, you should only be putting it in the ground enough for it to be sturdy and hold the ball, if they are breaking they are going in the ground to far or your actually hitting down on the ball instead of catching it on the up swing<----Per michael breed

I can't use anything but non-painted, polished natural wood, 2-3/4 inch tees. I have no idea why. I tried ZF tees and they did nothing for me. Broke three in three holes. I break about two wooden tees a round.

Back